Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > San Juan, PR

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old August 29th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Adventure of the Seas in Old San Juan-what dock?

Does anyone know if RCL docks in the Old San Juan area where we can jusy walk to the ship? I understand there is another dock I may need to take a taxi to. We are staying at the Conrad the night before and will see OSJ during the day, and then need to head fore the ship.. wherever it is.

Old August 29th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieAtSea View Post
Does anyone know if RCL docks in the Old San Juan area where we can jusy walk to the ship? I understand there is another dock I may need to take a taxi to. We are staying at the Conrad the night before and will see OSJ during the day, and then need to head fore the ship.. wherever it is.
Adventure of the Seas uses the Pan American Pier, which is on the other side of the harbor from Old San Juan. You would need a taxi to get there from OSJ.

From the Conrad, you would need to taxi to OSJ and temporarily check your luggage at a place like Barrachina's, then taxi over to the Pan American Pier after you're done touring.

Alternatively, you could try to get checked in at the Pan Am Pier first, around 11am, then taxi back to OSJ for the rest of the day.

Old August 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

thanks! ps. what is Barrachina's?

Old August 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieAtSea View Post
thanks! ps. what is Barrachina's?
Barrachina's is a restaurant on Calle Fortalezza in Old San Juan...they claim to be the originator of the Pina Colada.

As a free service to cruise ship passengers, they will check and hold your luggage for you while you tour Old San Juan (it's common to tip them a few bucks for the service). There's also a taxi stand right across the street for when you're ready to go over to the Pan American Pier.

I've never used them myself, but many on Cruise Critic have.

You can view their website at http://www.barrachina.com/