Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Jamaica
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:04 AM
deanswife1990's Avatar
deanswife1990 deanswife1990 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pawleys Island, SC
Posts: 780
Default Day Pass to a resort

We are going to Ocho Rios as part of Western Caribbean cruise in October. DH and I had all but decided to walk down to the end of the pier and do a little shopping and go back to the ship. He's a coffee lover and while 100% Kona is his fave, he enjoys Blue Mountain. I've read several posts about doing day passes to Beaches Resort or Sunset Jamaica Grande. I don't recall seeing those as options thru the ship. Can anyone give me more information on the resorts? ie....how far, how much. Thanks!!
__________________
Carnival Glory 07/2005
Carnival Freedom 10/2010
RC Freedom of the Seas 09/2011
Carnival Fascination 11/15/2012
Carnival Fascination 06/01/2013
Carnival Breeze 09/28/2013
Carnival Glory 09/19/2015
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM
ccladdict's Avatar
ccladdict ccladdict is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milton, Ontario
Posts: 209
Default

check out www.Jamaicaforaday.com

I am planning to book the day pass at the Sunset Grande price is $69.00 each includes transportation.
__________________
Legend - May 7, 2015 - Hawaii - Vancouver!!

Miracle - May 27, 2014 - Alaska
Breeze Nov. 3, 2013 - Caribbean B2B
Breeze Nov. 9, 2013 - Caribbean B2B
Splendor April 16, 2013 - NYC - Bermuda
Breeze Aug 14, 2012 - Barcelona - Venice
Liberty Jan 1, 2011 -Western Caribbean
Glory May 2,2010 -Western Caribbean
Victory May 3, 2009 - Southern Caribbean
Valor May 4, 2008 - Eastern Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:55 PM
deanswife1990's Avatar
deanswife1990 deanswife1990 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pawleys Island, SC
Posts: 780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccladdict View Post
check out www.Jamaicaforaday.com

I am planning to book the day pass at the Sunset Grande price is $69.00 each includes transportation.

Thanks for the info. This sounds great.
__________________
Carnival Glory 07/2005
Carnival Freedom 10/2010
RC Freedom of the Seas 09/2011
Carnival Fascination 11/15/2012
Carnival Fascination 06/01/2013
Carnival Breeze 09/28/2013
Carnival Glory 09/19/2015
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM
neptune18 neptune18 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 629
Default

We did Sunset Grande about 3 weeks ago on FOS. I would not do it again. Although the beach is nice the place is really a dump. Less than 10 umbrellas on a long beach. Food was awful. Altough water sports are good there, it's a lot of money for what you get. Service is not good either. Staff was rude and unfriendly but for a few exceptions.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
kindsis's Avatar
kindsis kindsis is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Felton, CA
Posts: 8
Default Beaches Boscobel Expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanswife1990 View Post
We are going to Ocho Rios as part of Western Caribbean cruise in October. DH and I had all but decided to walk down to the end of the pier and do a little shopping and go back to the ship. He's a coffee lover and while 100% Kona is his fave, he enjoys Blue Mountain. I've read several posts about doing day passes to Beaches Resort or Sunset Jamaica Grande. I don't recall seeing those as options thru the ship. Can anyone give me more information on the resorts? ie....how far, how much. Thanks!!
I just called and asked about day passes for Beaches Boscobel, and the price for a daypass 10am-6pm is $100 for adults, and $50 for children (2-15).

Wow--pretty pricey
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
BoxerLuver's Avatar
BoxerLuver BoxerLuver is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 42
Default

My husband and I had the most wonderful day at Couples San Souci. I called them directly and they told me it was $50 pp all inclusive. We got a cab right outside the ship by one of the port operators, it was pricey (40 pp round trip) but well worth it. Extremely safe and we didn't have to deal with vendors. Our driver Walter escorted us into the hotel, made sure we were all set, gave the hotel his information so we could call when we were ready to go. The beach and ground were beautiful we enjoyed a wonderful lunch on the open air porch. No crowds at all to deal with like in Haiti or Grand Cayman. It was our favorite day of the cruise. Also, we didn't need to make reservations, just showed up. You will need to have picture ID, we used our driver's licence which they held onto until we left.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
GetNby's Avatar
GetNby GetNby is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Delaware
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerLuver View Post
My husband and I had the most wonderful day at Couples San Souci. I called them directly and they told me it was $50 pp all inclusive. We got a cab right outside the ship by one of the port operators, it was pricey (40 pp round trip) but well worth it. Extremely safe and we didn't have to deal with vendors. Our driver Walter escorted us into the hotel, made sure we were all set, gave the hotel his information so we could call when we were ready to go. The beach and ground were beautiful we enjoyed a wonderful lunch on the open air porch. ... Also, we didn't need to make reservations, just showed up. You will need to have picture ID, we used our driver's licence which they held onto until we left.
Which port were you docked to have the $40pp rate by taxi by Walter?
__________________
____________

Chris






Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

My other cruises can be found here http://www.ht20fc.com/

Previous:
RCI-Grandeur of the Seas 5-07 (repositioning)
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM
umari umari is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 52
Default

I don't know if there is another site like jamaicaforaday.com that offer more resorts but for our trip we have chosen Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort (Adults Only). Its only 70pp without the transportation. I think it will be better to get your own transportation to and from the resort. It is cheap and readily available through the information desk on the pier.

Hope this helps...
__________________
2012 Carnival Destiny | Ocho Rios, Jamaica and George Town, Grand Cayman Island ()

Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.