Barcelona port for Holland America?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Spain Ports
Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:36 AM.
Pacific Northwest
3,601 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
You can trust HeinBloed!
We've been to Barcelona on different HAL ships (Rotterdam & Prinsendam) and we docked at Mol Adossat each time.
Sheffield, UK
4,340 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
I think most ships, of all lines, now use Mol Adossat - the new terminals there are bigger than the ones over near the World Trade centre. The trouble is that it's about a mile walk from Mol Adossat to the bottom of Ramblas, whereas from the World Trade Centre it's only a quarter that distance - Mol Adossat is on the far side of the port. Most passengers will therefore need to use a shuttle bus, and I think many lines charge for this.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up:
Oceana 2018 - The Adriatic
-------------------------
Already enjoyed:
MSC Sinfonia (2005), Norwegian Jewel (2005), Galaxy (2006 & 2007), Braemar (2007), Oriana (2008 & 2012), Ventura (2008, 2010, 2011 & 2013), Celebrity Solstice (2009), Arcadia (2010, 2012 & 2014), Black Watch (2011), Azura (2014, 2015 & 2017), Britannnia (2016)

My Blog: http://tomscruiseblog.co.uk
Raleigh NC
24,654 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
As stated, it was D a few weeks ago for the Noordam.

Kirk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kirk

Future Cruises
HAL Prinsendam 12-18-2017 - Christmas on the Elegant Explorer
HAL Prinsendam 7-16-2018 - Four months on the Elegant Explorer
HAL Amsterdam 1-22-2019 - Grand World Voyage
New Cumberland,PA, USA
27,465 Posts
Joined May 2000
I will just toss a small monkey wrench into the discussion. HA will indeed use Mol Adossat if its available, but we have twice been to Barcelona when the place was overrun with ships (one day there were over 12 ships) and then all best are off (we docked about 1/2 mile away in a commercial berth). The problem times seem to be in late fall (and probably early spring) when ships are changing their seasonal itinerareis and others are doing their TA crossings.

Hank
Germany/Switzerland
9,352 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by Hlitner
I will just toss a small monkey wrench into the discussion. HA will indeed use Mol Adossat if its available, but we have twice been to Barcelona when the place was overrun with ships (one day there were over 12 ships) and then all best are off (we docked about 1/2 mile away in a commercial berth). The problem times seem to be in late fall (and probably early spring) when ships are changing their seasonal itinerareis and others are doing their TA crossings.

Hank
That's why I wrote normally...

But Terminal D is owened by Costa - the sister line of HAL in the Carnival-Group - so mostly Carnival-group ships are handled at Terminal D.

Best would be to check here for the specific day:

http://www.portdebarcelona.es/wps/po...a+de+vaixells/

If it is not 01X (X stands for a letter) then it's not Mol Adossat.

Regards
HeinBloed
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
62 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
It was the Moll Adossat Terminal D where we boarded the Prinsendam on Sept.17th this year, although we only eventually found out the night before from the Port Police. The people at the Other port location and Hotel said that it was docking there as it was a small ship---not correct.

We were staying immediately at the foot of the Ramblas, only 5 minutes by cab to terminal D, but got stiffed for a 25 Euro taxi fare!

Our hotel called the cab for us, so I assumed that it would be a nominal fare and therefore did not ask the taxi driver how much before we jumped in!!!

Always ask!!! No matter if the hotel is reputable!!!

Good Luck!
UK
98 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by paulajcrocker
It was the Moll Adossat Terminal D where we boarded the Prinsendam on Sept.17th this year, although we only eventually found out the night before from the Port Police. The people at the Other port location and Hotel said that it was docking there as it was a small ship---not correct.

We were staying immediately at the foot of the Ramblas, only 5 minutes by cab to terminal D, but got stiffed for a 25 Euro taxi fare!

Our hotel called the cab for us, so I assumed that it would be a nominal fare and therefore did not ask the taxi driver how much before we jumped in!!!

Always ask!!! No matter if the hotel is reputable!!!

Good Luck!
If the hotel calles a taxi then there is usually about a 4 euro surcharge - this is common in Spain, on top of that there is a further surcharge to the port (from memory about 2.50 euros), then a charge for each suitcase (a euro a case) - but even so that seems a dear fare. There is a website where you can check taxi fares but I just cant locate the link at the mo.
(I was charged less than 25 euros to go to Sants rail station which is some distance from the port)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Shirley