Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Singles Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

Old April 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default nervous but ready !!

hello everyone, i am 46 yrs old and will be legally divorced very, very soon ( thanks to our last family cruise ) and i just cannot wait for my first singles cruise hopefully coming up in jan or feb of 2012. i have just dropped 38 lbs and am now at my lowest weight in about 25 yrs. this is going to feel really weird doing this but i just feel the need to put myself out there and just have a great time and make some great friends. i just hope i do not regret it. any thoughts ?
2011- the cruise from hell

Old April 5th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hosted singles cruises

Chris, Just make sure you do a real Hosted singles group cruise. On a regular cruise you may see 10 guys, all over 70. Hosted ones are fun . Had a compatible cabinmate on mine too.

Old April 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

dont know that i have ever heard of a hosted singles cruise, could you elaborate a bit thanks very much.

Old April 7th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Smile Just trying to help...

Try going to www.google.com and typing in "hosted singles cruises". You should be able to find the agencies your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend, give feedback, etc. if they could.

Hosted singles cruises are group cruises, usually formed and hosted by travel agencies. Promotion or discussion of non Official Cruise Critic Member group cruises is not allowed on the message boards. This is per the following from the Cruise Critic Member Cruises section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic membership.

... Only Official Cruise Critic Member Cruises may be promoted or discussed anywhere on the boards.

Also, please note the following from the Travel Agent Recommendations section in the Guidelines:

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

I hope this information will be satisfactory. Any further posts mentioning travel agency names/sites or hosted single groups will be removed.
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/IMG]

Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
.................................................. ..
1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation

Old April 7th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzin w chris View Post
hello everyone, i am 46 yrs old and will be legally divorced very, very soon ( thanks to our last family cruise ) and i just cannot wait for my first singles cruise hopefully coming up in jan or feb of 2012. i have just dropped 38 lbs and am now at my lowest weight in about 25 yrs. this is going to feel really weird doing this but i just feel the need to put myself out there and just have a great time and make some great friends. i just hope i do not regret it. any thoughts ?
Well hopefully this cruise will be better than your last, lol.
2/18/2012 - NCL Epic (Eastern Caribbean - St. Maarten/St. Martin/St. Thomas/The Bahamas) (First: Trip to Caribbean) (#12575)
6/26/2011 - NCL Epic (West Med - Spain/Italy) (First: Cruise, Solo Cruise, Trip to Europe) (#12520)

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRollRich View Post
Well hopefully this cruise will be better than your last, lol.
me too brother, me too.

Old February 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

all right i did it i am booked on the epic december 15, 2012 divorce was final in july and am cruising solo/ single. this leaves me plenty of time to work on my nerves, lmao.

Old February 14th, 2012, 08:16 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
all right i did it i am booked on the epic december 15, 2012 divorce was final in july and am cruising solo/ single. this leaves me plenty of time to work on my nerves, lmao.
You will be just fine and besides you have done cruises before and that is a big plus. While I have not been on the Epic I understand it is pretty good for singles/solos.

Old February 21st, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird1 View Post
You will be just fine and besides you have done cruises before and that is a big plus. While I have not been on the Epic I understand it is pretty good for singles/solos.
i hope so , i am just a tad on the shy side so i may need a couple dod to help me out lol.

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

Quote:
i hope so , i am just a tad on the shy side so i may need a couple dod to help me out lol.

I am NOT taking a hosted singles cruise...
but going as a single ( with my daughter )

and I will need some DOD's also.. you are not alone !

Old March 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Sounds like you dropped more dead weight than 25lbs congrats!!! Enjoy your cruise, enjoy your life!!!

-KD

Old March 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDilly View Post
Sounds like you dropped more dead weight than 25lbs congrats!!! Enjoy your cruise, enjoy your life!!!

-KD
thanks !

Old March 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmomtoo View Post
I am NOT taking a hosted singles cruise...
but going as a single ( with my daughter )

and I will need some DOD's also.. you are not alone !
have a blast !!!!

Old March 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Been there myself a number of years ago. Just be open to new experiences, have fun and enjoy yourself.

1/8/15 Eurodam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
11/8/14 Breeze (Feelin' the Breeze Part 2)
1/12/14 Eurodam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
10/10/13 Victory B2B (Victory is Mine)
1/13/13 Westerdam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
11/24/12 Breeze (Feelin' the Breeze)
1/15/12 Westerdam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
12/4/11 Miracle (x-mas on the beach)
1/16/11 Noordam (Smooth Jazz Cruise)
9/18/10 Fantasy
9/20/09 Sensation
11/08 Westerdam (Dave Koz & Friends)
2008 Caribbean Princess
10/2/06 Celebration