Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Background info: Mike (55), occupation- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Mountie), Tracy (37) Paramedic, formerly from Wales, U.K Arielle (15) and Mitchel (14). With lots and lots of overtime and over 5 weeks of vacation time we are fortunate enough to be able to take a month off each year. In 2006, 2007, 2009 we spent a month in Florida doing the Disney, Universal, beach etc. In 2008 we spent a month in Wales, UK visiting Tracy’s family. Introduced to cruising last year, We did 4 day cruise on Carnival Sensation. Everybody loved it so much we decided to skip the amusement parks and beach and simply cruise for most of the month. Aug 19th Destiny, Aug 23rd Imagination, 2 days off, Aug 29th Valor, Sept 5th Freedom.

I took well over a thousand photos, therefore this review will have a lot of photos.

Highlights: Chef’s table (Imagination), surprised my wife by proposing to her again with a new ring since she had her’s stolen years ago (Valor), renewed our vows (Valor), Scarlett’s Steakhouse (Valor), Sun King Steakhouse (Freedom), Snorkeling and Paradise Beach (Cozumel), Seven Mile Beach (Grand Cayman), Mahogany Beach (Roatan) private tour (Ocho Rios).

Pre-cruise: We left New Brunswick, Canada on Aug 14th and traveled to Andover, MA. We stayed two nights at the Staybridge Suites, $54.21 per night through Priceline in a studio room with king size bed, full kitchen, free hot breakfast, free wireless internet, free parking. The only negative was the sofa bed, it was so terrible that the kids slept on the sofa cushions rather than the thin, springy mattress.

Cruising2010427-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010423-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010420-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010421-Copy.jpg

On Aug 16th we drove to Boston and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express through ParkSleepFly, $209.86 with 21 days of free parking.

Edited by MikeyA53
  • Like 1

On Aug 17TH we flew to Fort Lauderdale via JetBlue. Stayed at the Hyatt Place Airport South in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights, free airport shuttle, free breakfast, free wi-fi. $65.15 a night through Hotwire. Loved it, walking distance to Kmart and restaurants. The shuttle is free within a 3 miles radius of the hotel.

Cruising2010440-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010429-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010428-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010432-Copy.jpg

Carnival Destiny

Thursday, Aug 19th : Embarkation

We were picked up by SAS shuttle at 10:00 a.m. They were right on time, $13 per person for 4 or more. Arrived at the port of Miami at 10:30 a.m.

Dropped our luggage off with the porters. We were through security by 10:45 a.m. We had two bottles of wine and water bottles in a small collapsible cooler. They asked what I had but never looked inside. By 10:55 a.m we had our sail&sign cards and were given a placard with zone 4 written on it . At 11:30 a.m they started boarding the VIPs then zone 1 and so on, we were on board at 11:40 a.m.

In the terminal.

Cruising2010445-Copy.jpg

On our way to the ship.

Cruising2010447-Copy.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Nice start, in my years here, I cannot remember anyone doing a review of a B2B2B. Looking forward to it!

Dec 2009, we did a B2B and they added a $299 price on Triumph and many stayed on the 3rd leg ..

... but wasnt a B2B2B2B ... 4 cruises. I agree Im impressed. 2 weeks so far is my limit Im comfortabel being away from my place.

Like everybody else we headed for the lido deck and had lunch. Afterwards Tracy stayed with the carry on luggage while I went exploring/ photographing the ship. In my opinion Destiny is a beautiful ship, easy to get around. Our cabins were ready at 1:40 p.m. Rooms 1109 and 1115 forward section, category PT, portholes.

Cruising2010497-1.jpg

Cruising2010487-Copy.jpg

Cruising2010489-1.jpg

Cruising2010490-1.jpg

Room 115, Kids room.

Cruising2010495-1.jpg

Cruising2010492-1.jpg

More later

Dec 2009, we did a B2B and they added a $299 price on Triumph and many stayed on the 3rd leg ..

... but wasnt a B2B2B2B ... 4 cruises. I agree Im impressed. 2 weeks so far is my limit Im comfortabel being away from my place.

Thanks for bringing up the fact I can't count (or read it appears):eek::D Even more impressive....nice offer you had as well

I was on the 9/5 sailing. Those had to be her parents that did the newlywed/not so newlywed game.....how many Welsh people would have been on the same cruise that are unrelated to you? :D They were hysterical! I hope you were able to get a dvd of them on stage. I had told my sister about how "someone" on cc who was from CA was doing a b2b2b2b2b and family from Wales were joining them for at least one of the cruises....she leaned over to me and said I wonder if they are on the Freedom right now and related to those folks. She'll get a kick out of this! :D

Oh wow....loving this

Oh please please...do you have the "Fun Times" for the ships?? will you pretty please scan them in??

I am looking forward to your review...what a Cruise Fest :)

Yes I have the fun times for all the ships, however it will take me some time to include them.

Edited by MikeyA53

I was on the 9/5 sailing. Those had to be her parents that did the newlywed/not so newlywed game.....how many Welsh people would have been on the same cruise that are unrelated to you? :D They were hysterical! I hope you were able to get a dvd of them on stage. I had told my sister about how "someone" on cc who was from CA was doing a b2b2b2b2b and family from Wales were joining them for at least one of the cruises....she leaned over to me and said I wonder if they are on the Freedom right now and related to those folks. She'll get a kick out of this! :D

Yes they were her parents.

I was on that Freedom cruise too -- that was hysterical!

Madelene