Balcony cabins on Nieuw Amsterdam

AussieBabyBoomer

W are currently booked in a balcony cabin that indicates it has "solid railings" on Upper Promenade Deck Cabin 4034. Can anyone tell me does this mean that the whole railing is solid or just the top? Can't find any photos that show this

VH 4001 through VH 4004 and VF 4005 through VF 4042 solid steel verandah railings instead of clear-view Plexiglas® railings.

Here is a photo of VF 4039 on the Eurodam (will be the same on Nieuw Amsterdam) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/Ms-Mac_Oosterdam-VF-4039.jpg

Here is one with the Plexiglas railings: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/P7170681.jpg

Joanie

Am I correct in assuming the "Solid Steel Panels and Railings" are on the Verandah cabins in the Bow section of Upper Promenade Deck for Safety reasons ie. encountering rough seas and/or Quartering Seas and Windy conditions.

Our Verandah cabin is aft near the elevators on this same deck...I assume the panels are "Clear" in the aft sections...correct?...sure hope so!

Am I correct in assuming the "Solid Steel Panels and Railings" are on the Verandah cabins in the Bow section of Upper Promenade Deck for Safety reasons ie. encountering rough seas and/or Quartering Seas and Windy conditions.
Our Verandah cabin is aft near the elevators on this same deck...I assume the panels are "Clear" in the aft sections...correct?...sure hope so!

Check HAL's website under "deck plans." There is a symbol (which I can't draw) that shows exactly which cabins have solid panels vs. the see-thru.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If your cabin is aft of VF4041 and VF4042 -- you will have the regular plexiglass railings.

Yes, only near the Bow Section are the verandahs steel railing. See my site or my post above for actual stateroom numbers.

The aft section are clear/ slightly smoked, just like the rest of the verandahs.

Joanie

Thanks for the great info everybody.I checked on Hal website and selected "Ship" then "deck" and sure enough it shows a "Diamond" symbol for verandahs with solid steel Railings and Panels.

If you pick your ship and then your deck the info will all be there....easy once you know the ropes:)

Don

Archived