Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Luxury Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Luxury Cruising Is it a state of mind?

Discussion to include, but not limited to: Abercrombie & Kent • American Safari • Aqua Expeditions • Azamara • Bora Bora Cruises • Compagnie du Ponant • Cruise Asia Ltd. • Crystal • Cunard • French Country Waterways • Go Barging • Hapag-Lloyd • Hebridean • Heritage Line • Lindblad Expeditions • Oberoi Group • Oceania • Orion Expedition Cruises • Paul Gauguin Cruises • Regent Seven Seas • Sea Cloud Cruises • Seabourn • SeaDream • Silversea • Star Clippers • Travel Dynamics • Uniworld • Windstar

Old September 30th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Default Queen Elizabeth Handed Over to Cunard; Plus, Win a Cruise!

Check out this news item from Cruise Critic:

Queen Elizabeth Handed Over to Cunard; Plus, Win a Cruise!

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Is a 2000 passenger ship really a luxury ship? The size alone would seem to disqualify it.

Old September 30th, 2010, 10:35 PM
20,000+ Club

I'm sorry, I cracked up when I read the thread title. I have visions of Her Majesty in handcuffs being "handed over" to the president of Cunard. Too funny.

Old October 1st, 2010, 02:11 PM
10,000+ Club

There is ongoing controversy on this board about whether Cunard, Oceania and Azamara belong on a luxury cruise board. Apparently the people who run it believe they do although they clearly are not.

Old October 1st, 2010, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

There is an error in this article. The new ship is not Her Majesty's namesake. The ship is named for Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.

Old October 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wripro View Post
There is ongoing controversy on this board about whether Cunard, Oceania and Azamara belong on a luxury cruise board. Apparently the people who run it believe they do although they clearly are not.
I agree wholeheartedly. For some reason, just because they have the QG and PG, they think it makes the whole of Cunard ships as luxury, and nothing is further from the truth.

Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
5,000+ Club

Question 10-2

Thanks again Laura.

But where is the Hyperlink for the Contest entry Maam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
Check out this news item from Cruise Critic:

Queen Elizabeth Handed Over to Cunard; Plus, Win a Cruise!

Christmas 1066 a.d William I.
Again we came from Flanders on ships over with King Richard I won England then Scotland.Only have our families documented from a.d. 528 so far.

Of A N. American Family 1584-1587 Roanok Colony / Croatoan site, the first English male child born in N.America, first also Permanent Settlement and on 05/14/1607 A.D. 2 of the 3 ships, Susan (Sarah) Constant & Godspeed arriving/settling building a fort at Jamestowne, VA.

A few years later also 8 more Kin Folk, aboard on the Dutch Liquor Ship, Mayflower in a.d.1621.

June 14th, a.d. 1646 French Grand Admiral Jean Armand de Maillé-Brézé killed at the Battle of Ortebello , at Sunset on his Flag Ship the Grand Saint Louis . His dad was Marshall of France Urbain de Maillé-Brézé who married Nicole du Plessis-Richelieu only sister of Cardinal Richelieu ...Armand Jean du Plessis, cardinal-duc de Richelieu et de Fronsac .

Site of the Battle ( Orbetello) of Isola del Giglio was near the Friday, a.d. Jan.13th 2012 17 Decked Costa Concordia Crash (no deck 13) .
May GOD Bless US of America !
eh..what did ya say?
+ <:><~~

I know we can/may all agree to disagree on cruising but hopefully will engage in debates that provide learning opportunities for all. I am usually very receptive to listen to opinions that may differ from mine.

((\/))
Our Ocean current, Favorite's ( Favourite's) Cruise Lines are:

Our next Ship Trip now is. Its a...Carnival Splendor.. .. of Carnival (CCL/CUK : NYSE/LSE ) Quality *S*

*Having quality is so much nicer than quantity at a much lower value.* eCommerce with a conscience!*((\/))