Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old October 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Ultimate Kids Package - Princess reps clueless.

I just tried to speak with a Princess rep about the Ultimate Kid's Package (aka ultimate drink sticker). With first rep, I just asked about the ultimate drink sticker, and described it as everyone one these boards have. She had no idea what I was talking about. Told me they only had a coffee and soda "card". Don't ge me wrong, she was very nice, courteous and professional, just not infomed.

I called again (after learning that often reps don't have the same info), and this time, asked about the UKP. This fellow knew something about it, and had to look up what it covered. He first said it was available to kids and adults, then said soda card was for adults and UKP for kids, then finally found some info that the UKP was only good for those 21 and younger.

Now I trust the real life opinions of the folks on these boards, so I'm going with you all that it does exist and can be used by all ages. However, does anyone know if coffee is also included on the UKP?

One more related question....Does anyone know whether the mocktails are made with the same mix that an actual cocktail comes with (sans alcohol, of course)?

Thanks!

Last edited by ruatha65; October 13th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruatha65 View Post
Does anyone know whether the mocktails are made with the same mix that an actual cocktail comes with (sans alcohol, of course)?

Thanks!
Real life opinion....
You just discovered the truth....
This program is just what the particlular employee/waitstaff thinks it is.

Do NOT assume that you can get anything virgin as a mocktail.
At least not in my research and experience.
It is limited.
Anything that has to be mixed/prepared will probably not be included.

Here is my experience.
YES, according to MOST people, adults can purchase/use the Ultimate Sticker.

However, what they say you are allowed and not allowed to use it for is up to interpretation. We were allowed to get virgin Pina Colodas, but they were just like the straight 'syrup'... We even had one waitstaff all but refuse to serve me a Coke, because I asked for it in plastic instead of glass.

The only really advice, once onboard, you will probably be able to buy the card and use it as an adult. Adults get drinks for their kids all the time anyhow....

Just realize, this is a very undefined program, and YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

Last edited by Wishing on a star; October 13th, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Old October 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

This is why people get frustrated with calling Princess customer service. On the Sapphire, Golden and Diamond I can tell you it is absolutely available to adults. Even the sign on the bar advertising it says it is for kids from 2 to 102. The mocktails I have seen and tasted onboard with the card are just like the real deal without alcohol.

Sapphire Princess March 31-April 3, 2014 * Sapphire Princess January 6-9, 2014 * Golden Princess Pacific Coast Thanksgiving November 27 - November 30, 2013 * Grand Princess Alaska August 8- August 18, 2013 * HAL Amsterdam Alaska July 27 - August 10, 2012 * Carinval Spirit Mexican Riviera March 30-April 8, 2012 * Caribbean Princess Canada/New England July 19 - July 28, 2011 * Golden Princess Hawaii December 22, 2010-January 5, 2011 * Sea Princess Alaska July 31-August 10, 2010 * Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera March 27-April 3, 2010 * Golden Princess Hawaii December 20, 2009 -January 3, 2010 * Diamond Princess B2B Alaska June 20 - July 4, 2009 *NCL Star Mexican Riviera April 11-18, 2009 * Golden Princess Hawaii December 24, 2008-January 7, 2009 * RCCL Monarch of the Seas Pacific July 28-31, 2008 * Golden Princess Mexico April 12-19, 2008 * Diamond Princess Hawaii Dec 18, 2007-Jan 2, 2008 * Dawn Princess Alaska July 20-30, 2007 * RCCL Vision of the Seas Mexico November 19-26,2006 * NCL Star Alaska August 13-20, 2006 * Carnival Cruise Baja April 14-17, 2006 * DCL Western Cruise February 11-18, 2006 * DCL Cruise West Coast July 23-30, 2005

Old October 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
40,000+ Club

When the Ultimate Card was first introduced it was for those under 21. In fact I enquired last fall on the Pacific Princess and was told that on that sailing, Adults could not purchase it. It was only a short time later when they expanded it so that everyone could purchase the Ultimate card no, no matter what the age. My guess, the paperwork in front of the CSR's still says it's for kids only as Princess doesn't seem to update the info that CSR's pass along very quickly at all. It does get frustrating, one reason why I use a TA and have them get the answers for me. I have never had much luck calling Princess directly myself.

Old October 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

No surprise. Princess reps are entry level positions, with low pay. They have never seen a cruise ship never mind been on one. Pretty much all they know to do is book cruises. I doubt even speaking to a supervisor would help.

7 NCL******* 7 Carnival******* 7 Princess*******3 HAL*******2 Celebrity
and counting............

Old October 13th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

On our recent Sun Princess cruise, I purchased the Ultimate drink sticker. I don't drink alcohol, but wanted to enjoy the foofoo drinks. Definitely worth it to me. The bartenders would make me up any version of drink I asked for minus the alcohol. The only disappointment was that the Sun Princess didn't have root beer. It did include hot chocolate, which was quite tasty, but did not include specialty coffees. Could have all the milkshakes I wanted....hmmmm not a good thing

Old October 13th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruatha65 View Post
I just tried to speak with a Princess rep about the Ultimate Kid's Package (aka ultimate drink sticker). With first rep, I just asked about the ultimate drink sticker, and described it as everyone one these boards have. She had no idea what I was talking about. Told me they only had a coffee and soda "card". Don't ge me wrong, she was very nice, courteous and professional, just not infomed.

I called again (after learning that often reps don't have the same info), and this time, asked about the UKP. This fellow knew something about it, and had to look up what it covered. He first said it was available to kids and adults, then said soda card was for adults and UKP for kids, then finally found some info that the UKP was only good for those 21 and younger.

Now I trust the real life opinions of the folks on these boards, so I'm going with you all that it does exist and can be used by all ages. However, does anyone know if coffee is also included on the UKP?

One more related question....Does anyone know whether the mocktails are made with the same mix that an actual cocktail comes with (sans alcohol, of course)?

Thanks!
The UKP is definitely available for adults - we bought them on our last cruise. I believe the mocktails are exactly the same without the alcohol.

Dar
Grand Princess 2012
Ruby Princess 2011
Crown Princess 2010
Ruby Princess 2009
Grand Princess 2008
Sun Princess 1983

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks to all for your very informed answers. Nothing beats personal experience, and you just cannot get that from someone reading documents to you over the phone.

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just cruised on the Princess emerald on Sept 29, 2010. The I purchased the ultimate card for around 90.00. They also gave you a nice insulated Coke a Cola insulated mug. I got severalllllllllllllllllllll mocktails, coke, and milkshakes. Once aboard you can purchase the card almost everywhere.

P.S I called before cruising and the agents was clueless as well. Don't worry.

Last edited by flimflubin; October 13th, 2010 at 08:45 PM.