Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Kitts & Nevis

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Tour with Bertram "On de Watch" -- 30 years experience

I highly recommend Bertram Daniel with "On De Watch." We toured with him by accident when we were on the Celebrity Eclipse. He is SO KNOWLEDGEABLE about the island. At only $20 a person for the WHOLE DAY PRIVATE TOUR, how can you beat the price?? Unfortunately, he doesn't have e-mail, but you can call him 1-869-465-4506, and 1-869-668-9723. Has anyone else toured with him??

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Rosevelt Taylor Tours

We just came back from a cruise where we visited St. Kitts. We used Rosevelt Taylor and enjoyed our tour with his guide Warner. He took us to Caribelle Batik and Brimstone Fortress. We went out to lunch at Carambola Restaurant which is also very beautiful and the food was excellent. I highly recommend his tour. We have one handicapped passenger and he handled my son very well. We thoroughly enjoyed his tour.

Old March 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Wilkandr, can you tell me what you did and did you decide or him. Did he take you to the beach and leave and come back for you or just hung out there. It sounds like what we might want but I want to go to diff. Beaches and explore and take pictures.

Old March 19th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Roosevelt Taylor Tours / Island Paradise Tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by canarylover View Post
We just came back from a cruise where we visited St. Kitts. We used Rosevelt Taylor and enjoyed our tour with his guide Warner. He took us to Caribelle Batik and Brimstone Fortress. We went out to lunch at Carambola Restaurant which is also very beautiful and the food was excellent. I highly recommend his tour. We have one handicapped passenger and he handled my son very well. We thoroughly enjoyed his tour.
We have been reading the reviews here and my husband contacted Roosevelt via email earlier today or rather yesterday (Sunday). We had a surprise phone call a few minutes ago (midnight Eastern time here in Michigan). He apologized if he was calling late since he was unsure what time it was for us.

We had a very pleasant conversation and he answered questions regarding the details of the tour. Our cruise is not until December and we are waiting to hear how many couples are going to go with us. I'm pretty sure we will end up booking with him once we can get a head count on how many we will have in our group and if they are in agreement on the tour. I hope our friends make up their mind or we will end up booking without them.

RCCL Navigator - Western Caribbean 7 day - 02/08/2015 - Balcony
RCCL Independence - Western Caribbean 6 day - 02/08/2014 - #7338 Balcony
RCCL Majesty - Bahama 4 day - 2/4/2013 - # 6024 - OV
RCCL Independence - Eastern Caribbean 8 day - 12/8/2012 - # 6630 - Balcony
RCCL Majesty - Bahama 4 day - 3/28/2011 - # 6030 - OV

Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkandr View Post
I highly recommend Bertram Daniel with "On De Watch." We toured with him by accident when we were on the Celebrity Eclipse. He is SO KNOWLEDGEABLE about the island. At only $20 a person for the WHOLE DAY PRIVATE TOUR, how can you beat the price?? Unfortunately, he doesn't have e-mail, but you can call him 1-869-465-4506, and 1-869-668-9723. Has anyone else toured with him??
Does he have a van or a car. Wondering if you could handle a group of 9.

Old April 4th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile tourrs in st kitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel4daffodil View Post
Hi-We are sailing on the Emerald Princess in February and I'm not to impressed with the ship's excursions so I'm looking for some input on private tours that are reliable. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
We were there last year and took a tour with tangerine tours with christian, it truly was the highlite of our entire cruise, he is very colorful and is just off the ship before you head out to far. Very reasonable and very woth it. going back in jan and booking with him again.

cheers

Old April 7th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Rose and Jim's Taxi Tours...a sure bet.

We just got back from St Kitts and also toured with Rose of Rose and Jim's Taxi & Tours. I agree with the original posting. You can't go wrong with this one. We also met her husband Jim while touring Brimstone and think he would have been just as awesome a tour guide as Rose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfbowen View Post
Just got back yesterday and want to quickly post my review of Rose & Jim's Taxi & Tour Service so others can be aware of this great service. Rose was our guide for the day. You could not ask for a warmer, more knowledgeable guide. Jim grew up on the island and Rose has been there for 29 years. They have been in this business for just that long, too! It was so obvious how well known and well liked Rose is as we toured around the island. It was like visiting with your grandmother for the day. (She is a grandmother several times over so I know she won’t take offense at this! )

Rose and Jim only schedule one tour per day so you are not pressed for time if you run late. My wife and I got off the ship to meet Rose at the appointed time while our parents were running a bit late. Unfortunately, another ship was about to dock and the port authority shuts down the pier. No one could get off our ship until the other ship was safely tied up. It was not a problem for Rose and our time table.

We did the Island Tour and Cockleshell Beach tour which you can read all about on their website. Rose is willing to stop whenever you want to take photos and is always pointing out something of interest. You go through several towns and Rose is quick with some facts about each.

All in all, it was a grand day with one of the best guides we have had in our cruises. You know it was a good experience when there are hugs all around to end the day!