Conquest review 10/17/10, Pics included

Meyer2

Okay, I am going to attempt a review of our 1st cruise. I also have pictures I will include along in the review. I am not a fancy writer, LOL, but just want to kind of re-live the wonderful vacation & share our experience & thoughts.

A little background about us to start off. We are from the Houston area, mid-late 30's & just DH & I went for this cruise. We booked a little over a year in advance & then I joined here at CC & started to learn all I could. :D

Western Itinerary

I'll try to answer any questions that I can.

cant wait to read your review and see your pics. i think we're going to book our next cruise on the conquest for may of 2011.

Thanks! I'm trying to work on it now, but keep getting error messages & kicked out, LOL!

We really loved the Conquest & everyone was great! You will love it!

One of the things we liked to do pre-cruise with the kiddos, would be to go watch the Conquest sail away sometimes on Sunday's. We'd hang out on the 'patio' area there in front of the Harbor House Hotel. A little bit before we were to set sail, we went into Galveston early one Sunday morning to watch the Conquest come in for docking. This is amazing & so cool to see in person.

DSC_0946.jpg

DSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0964.jpg

DSC_0972.jpg

Hey Meyer 2

I found you! BTW, instead of uploading photos, something that took me a long time and that I keep forgetting how to do, I started using the attach file feature under this reply box. The thumbnails are not big though is the only problem.

It is fun to write reviews, like you say, you relive the cruise. I am anxious to read yours. Did you gain any weight?

Thanks everyone! More coming....

Dane- You'll love it!

MicksMom- Did you enjoy your cruise?

FighterOne- I did gain a few lbs, but I haven't done my official weigh-in at WW yet, LOL! But we did take the stairs a lot & our cabin was aft, so we did a good amount of walking too.

On Saturday the 16th, we had my parents come over for dinner & then all 3 kiddos went with them as they would be there for the week. Once they left, we put the last few items in the bags that had to wait until last minute & got the luggage tags on. I will say, we took several bags, however, we truly used almost every single thing we took. LOL! :D Put all but 1 bag loaded into the van.

DSC_0001.jpg

Sunday morning, we got up about 6:30 a.m., dressed & put the final bag in the van & we headed out about 7 a.m. We then drove & met my in-law's in League City at Cracker Barrel a little before 8 for breakfast. After breakfast with them, we drove back to their house to leave their truck & we all loaded in our van & headed for the terminal. They live just about 15 minutes from there, so it was just a short ride. We didn't have intentions on being there as early as we were, but the IL's were ready I guess to go ahead & drop us off. LOL :p This turned out to be good though.

We knew that we would have some waiting time, but we were okay with that. We pulled up & stopped right where you leave your baggage, so dropped it there & we were headed inside. It was right about 9:45 & we were seated in the 2nd row after the wedding party groups & VIP's. Met Judy from our roll call who was getting married that morning.

Right at about 10:15 they took the wedding party groups & VIP's & at 10:20 we were told we could precede to start check-in! Yay!! Quick check of our passports & boarding pass & then over to x-ray for our carry-ons which also only took a few minutes. Within 5 minutes, we had check-in & had our blue S&S cards & given Zone 5 for boarding. Sounds good to us! We head over & are seated in the 2nd row for boarding, & we soon found out that zone 5 was the 1st zone to be boarded after the wedding groups & VIP's. Awesome! At this point it was about 10:40 approx. While waiting, we went over & got our embarkation picture taken & visited with a few people around us.

About 11:30, the wedding groups, VIP's & those needing assistance were boarded & at 11:45, we heading for the gangway. Right as we entered the gangway, they stopped those behind us so they could 'catch up' with the security photo part. We were within the 1st 50 or so passengers onto the ship after the other groups. So cool!!!

Okay, as a 1st timer, the feeling is just so awesome, exciting & we of course were grinning from ear to ear & ready to go! Just in awe, amazing!!!

We went straight to the lido deck for lunch, & as we did, got a DOD to start off right. We passed the buffet line & went up to deck 10 for the fish & chips, Sur Mer. I had read on here that it's a great spot, especially on the 1st day as no one realizes about it, which is so true! We got our food right away & pretty much had the area to ourselves, only a few other couples or people came over there. We picked a table right by the window, had plenty of room for our bags to not be in the way & we had a few of Galveston.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Looking down from the fish & chips area.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

ugh, i am so jealous!! GREAT pics and LOVING this review... keep it coming!!

Thank-you!

AWSOME!! Keep it coming! I sail in less then 4 weeks!!

Thank-you!

That pic of the fish and chips literally made my mouth water! YUM! Looking forward to the rest of your review! Great job so far!

Thank-you! I know, I'm so hungry for the fish & chips now too, LOL!

We went & found our assigned dining room, The Reinoir.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

We had been walking around about half an hour & decided to stop up on deck 10 to just look out & enjoy the view from the ship. We got 2 more DOD's & we ended up running into another couple there, that offered to take a picture of the two of us. Turned out, they were one of the couples from our roll call! So we stayed & all chatted for about an hour & then we headed about 2:00 towards our cabin to check it out.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

For our cabin, we originally booked an inside on the Empress deck, then switched to an OV on the Riveria & then we decided we were going to splurge & go with a balcony. We ended up going with an aft wrap (9C category) on the Empress deck. Cabin 7445. We loved this room, especially the balcony! It was well worth it for us!!

DSC_0090.jpg

Upon getting to our room, 1 bag had already been dropped off for us & the others came within about 10-15 minutes. Gifts from the kids that had been delivered to the room thru BV dept & the cooler with beer & had sent for DH.

DSC_0035.jpg

Cabin pictures:

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Someone knocked & came in, thought it was the room steward at first, turned out to be someone thru the BV dept trying to deliver something & they didn't realize we were in there. Told him we would step out onto the balcony to wait. Once he said to come back in, here's what we found, Thanks to my parents for the gift!

DSC_0047.jpg

Balcony & more balcony!

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Looking around to the aft cabins balcony area:

DSC_0043.jpg

We had a great time the week before. We had a really active Roll Call & had 3 events planned. We had an informal meet & greet prior to sailaway, cabin crawl & poker run on Monday & private cocktail party on Tuesday.

We were in a cabin like yours during our cabin crawl. Loved the huge balcony. We even got to see a Grand Suite. Not sure I will ever be able to afford one of those.

Can't wait for more.

Archived