Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic

Old October 26th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post Slideshow: Nine Scariest Moments on a Cruise

Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Slideshow: Nine Scariest Moments on a Cruise

Read the entire news article...

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Those scary moments were interesting. We've had a couple of times that were a bit frightening also.

The first was when we were on a the old Carnival Festivale. We were tied up in St Lucia on one side of the harbor and a HAL ship was on the other directly across from us. A sudden storm came up with high winds. The wind caused the mooring lines of the HAL ship to snap and pushed her across the harbor. Quick thinking by their watch officer who drop anchors got the HAL ship to turn and barely miss running into our ship.

On another occasion we were on the Horizon and coming into St Thomas from the south.We were going at a somewhat fast speed with the wind behind us. Then our ship made a quick right turn. The speed and wind caused us to heal over. I was sitting near the pool and didn't become alarmed until the water started pouring out the side of the pool and the bar glasses went flying. No one was injured but a lot of glasses were lost.

Old October 31st, 2010, 07:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Our scary moment

Those were pretty good. Our scary moment was Feb 2010. We were on the Explorer of the Seas and left from Bayonne NJ. We left not to long after some terrible snow and other kinds of storms were all up the atlantic. On the way back to San Juan PR to to Bayonne, we of course ran into very rough seas. It was 3AM in the morning and I got up to use the bathroom and noticed my husband was awake looking outside. Then I got up and noticed that the other side of our stateroom was up in the air and the side near the balcony was not. Immediately I got scared and my husband was trying to tell me nothing was wrong when clearly our room was on a angle so something was off. Not to long after the annoucement bell comes on (3AM). We just knew it was going to be telling us to start and get our life jackets on and get to our muster stations. The captain made an annoucement out of breath that a unexpected wave had hit the ship and knocked us off auto pilow and turned us 12 Degrees. Not to long after they fixed it. Very scary for us and some people got seriously hurt. from the all of a sudden turning.