RCL Thanksgiving Cruise from Cape Liberty

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Hurricane Zone 2015
For those of you who enjoy discussing the nitty gritty of hurricane season!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:16 AM.
#1
MD
8 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
I was wondering what type of weather to expect in route from Cape Liberty down to the Eastern Caribbean? Are seas generally rough during mid-Nov when sailing down the eastern seaboard?
#2
Atlanta, GA
633 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by akuperman
I was wondering what type of weather to expect in route from Cape Liberty down to the Eastern Caribbean? Are seas generally rough during mid-Nov when sailing down the eastern seaboard?
Check back a few days before the trip to get a better idea. It can vary quite a bit. You can get coastal lows that produce seas 20 feet or higher or have smooth sailing with 2-4 foot seas. Either way, the ship will get as far as possible from the rough seas.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Rich Johnson - Hurricane Expert
(Former Weather Channel Meteorologist)

TropicalWeather.net - Cruise Forecasts
#4
PA
1,813 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by Hurricane Expert
Check back a few days before the trip to get a better idea. It can vary quite a bit. You can get coastal lows that produce seas 20 feet or higher or have smooth sailing with 2-4 foot seas. Either way, the ship will get as far as possible from the rough seas.
We were in these sea conditions, 13 to 14 ft., 1 time the first week of May, down and back. It was not a pretty sight on the ship. Stopped me from doing anymore cruises that said down the east coast, even tho I can drive to the port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Wonder 2000-2005
Disney Magic 2001-2002-2003-2004-2006
RCI Grandeur of the Seas 2005
Carnival Glory 2005-2008
Star Princess 2006
Emerald Princess 2007
Carnival Dream 2009-2010
Sapphire Princess 2010
Carnival Freedom 2012
Carnival Liberty 2013
Royal Princess 2014
RCI-Freedom of the Seas 2016
Carnival Conquest 2016
#5
Atlanta, GA
633 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by loveJake
We were in these sea conditions, 13 to 14 ft., 1 time the first week of May, down and back. It was not a pretty sight on the ship. Stopped me from doing anymore cruises that said down the east coast, even tho I can drive to the port.
I was on a cruise with about 10-12 foot seas. It was rolling some, but it didn't bother me too much. I was on the Mariner of the Seas on that trip. What size ship did you sail on?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Rich Johnson - Hurricane Expert
(Former Weather Channel Meteorologist)

TropicalWeather.net - Cruise Forecasts
#6
67 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Rough sea is exciting the first two or three hours but after that it is squishy stomach all the way. Motion sickness pill are always a must have for those times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#8
Atlanta, GA
633 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by patseacruiser
I was on the Explorer in February 2009 and had 28 foot seas. Loved it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Rich Johnson - Hurricane Expert
(Former Weather Channel Meteorologist)

TropicalWeather.net - Cruise Forecasts