Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old November 18th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Anyone have a copy of a Celebrity Room Service Menu?

Preferably from Solstice class

Thanks!

RCI Independence of the Seas (2013)
Carnival Liberty (2009)
Carnival Miracle (2008)
Carnival Glory (2007)
Princess Sapphire (2005)
Carnival Valor (2004)

Old November 18th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Did you try a search on the Celebrity forum?

Old November 18th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

There is a seperate room service menu (you order on the interactive tv on S-Class ships--not sure if there is a hard copy of the menu), but you can also order from the MDR menu.
Celebrity Equinox December 2009

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

So you mean you can order anything you want to the room? Even from the dining room menu and get it to your room? Including appetizers, mains and dessert? I am in a regular balcony cabin on the Eclipse.

Thanks

Carnival Liberty (2009)
Carnival Miracle (2008)
Carnival Glory (2007)
Princess Sapphire (2005)
Carnival Valor (2004)

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidolovers View Post
So you mean you can order anything you want to the room? Even from the dining room menu and get it to your room? Including appetizers, mains and dessert? I am in a regular balcony cabin on the Eclipse.

Thanks
Yep!
Celebrity Equinox December 2009

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Wow! That's interesting...I have only cruised on Carnival and Princess before and they would only bring Room Service food to your room...
So, does the waiter bring all the food (apps, entrees, desserts) all at once? We always order 3-4 courses each so I can just imagine a zillion trays coming to our room! As you can guess, food is important to us (lol!)!!
Also, was the table out on the balcony big enough or was it kind of awkward getting the meals organized out there?

Carnival Liberty (2009)
Carnival Miracle (2008)
Carnival Glory (2007)
Princess Sapphire (2005)
Carnival Valor (2004)

Old November 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM
5,000+ Club

You get the dinner menu from your cabin steward and then call room service. We moved the little table to our balcony. We had a big balcony on the side of the hump on Equinox. We used that little table to hold the tray and put our food on the round table. We were in concierge class and I didn't think the round table was very big but it worked well in conjunction with the little room table.
We enjoyed dinner and many breakfasts on our balcony.
If we called and asked, room service seemed to have more than was on the menu. They had soup and some juices that we regularly enjoyed.
The food for us always came temperature appropriate. I wrote in a bagel and smoked salmon for breakfast every morning and got it.There is a room service menu in the X book and also on TV but it's not very large. They were accomodating.
We were on the Equinox TA. Room service was the only dining venue that got an excellent from me.

X Constellation, Feb 2014, Carib, NavOTS TA, April 14, 2012, Nav OTS W. Carib. April 8, 2012, X Constellation Sept 7, 2011 AMS to IST, RCI Jewel OTS May 6, 2011 TA, X Equinox Oct 31, 2010 TA, X Summit May 2010 Bermuda, X Infinity Panama Canal Sept. 25, 2009, Carnival Glory Jan. 2009 W. Carib., X Summit Feb. 2007 Panama Canal, Carib. Princess B2B E & W Carib Sept. 2006, Diamond Princess Alaska Aug. 2004, X Galaxy Feb 2004 S. Carib, Golden Princess Nov. 2003 E. Carib, Regent Voyager June 2003 Baltic, X Infinity Alaska Aug. 2001, X Galaxy Nov 2001 S. Carib, RCI Legend of the Seas Med, June 2000, X Horizon Sept. 1999 Bermuda, X Galaxy S Carib. April 1999

Last edited by dzcruisers; November 21st, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Old November 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzcruisers View Post
You get the dinner menu from your cabin steward and then call room service. We moved the little table to our balcony. We had a big balcony on the side of the hump on Equinox. We used that little table to hold the tray and put our food on the round table. We were in concierge class and I didn't think the round table was very big but it worked well in conjunction with the little room table.
We enjoyed dinner and many breakfasts on our balcony.
If we called and asked, room service seemed to have more than was on the menu. They had soup and some juices that we regularly enjoyed.
The food for us always came temperature appropriate. I wrote in a bagel and smoked salmon for breakfast every morning and got it.There is a room service menu in the X book and also on TV but it's not very large. They were accomodating.
We were on the Equinox TA. Room service was the only dining venue that got an excellent from me.
Thanks for the info!

Old November 21st, 2010, 09:49 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidolovers View Post
...So, does the waiter bring all the food (apps, entrees, desserts) all at once? ...
...Also, was the table out on the balcony big enough or was it kind of awkward getting the meals organized out there?
For those in a suite, the butler will serve the meal course by course. For everyone else it will all be served at one time.

Concierge class rooms and above have a larger table on the balcony, I'd guess about 30" in diameter and the height of a dining table. The other rooms just have a small circular glass table in the cabin plus a small, low, coffee table on the veranda.

Photo site for past cruises : http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises
Recent cruises: Celebrity Eclipse 14 Night Caribbean Mar-2013 and Silhouette Transatlantic Dec-2012

Old December 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

deleted

Last edited by anonymouscruiser1; December 20th, 2010 at 04:52 PM.

Old January 29th, 2014, 11:37 PM
5,000+ Club

What about us lowly cheap inside cabin cruisers? Can we get a chocolate croissant and juice for room service breakfast?

INSPIRATION 3-Day FUNTIMES
http://m809.photobucket.com/albums--...times/?sa=trueInspiration (1/16/12)FUNTIMES 4-Day
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/group.php?groupid=233 DOUBLE NICKLE CRUISERS
http://boards.cruisecritic.co/group.php?groupid=12
http://boards.cruisecritic.co/group.php?groupid=26
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501472 PARADISE Review
Inspiration Carnival Live Styx 9-15-15 http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccr...20IN%20CONCERT

CRUISING NEXT ON CARNIVAL? 10/20/14 Inspiration
------------PAST CRUISES----
ROYAL CARIBBEAN GOLD (3) Mariner & Monarch
Celebrity Classic (1) Millenium
Carnival Platinum (14) Elation, Pride, Splendor, Paradise, Inspiration, Miracle, Imagination
Princess Gold (1) Emerald
Holland America 1Star (2) Oosterdam, Volendam

Old January 30th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

I sailed on an inside cabin for my first celebrity. This april doing aqua class. I loved our inside, especially for a carribean when we were so rarely in our room. Slept great and the room was plenty of size for two people. We did room service a couple of times and it was fine. I am looking forward to an expanded room service and eating on my balcony but I actually like going to the buffet and selecting all the different items that I want. To each his own.

Old January 30th, 2014, 03:42 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilghallinsf View Post
...... I am looking forward to an expanded room service and eating on my balcony but I actually like going to the buffet and selecting all the different items that I want.
Most of us can sympathize with this difficult dilemma, but the standard solution is to tough it out and do the combination.

First, the room service delivery call serves as your wake up call.
You start the day with a leisurely and peaceful room service breakfast on the balcony as you sail along enjoying the early morning views along the approach to the next port.

Then, after the ship has docked and you have showered and dressed, you head upstairs to the waffle station for the Celebrity waffles hot and fresh right off the griddle, select your favorite toppings, and stop off for whatever else you may want up there at the buffet.

If you are in aqua class, there is also the breakfast in Blu to fit into your morning routine.

It gets even worse once you are elite because then you need to add the elite breakfast, or captain's club coffee break, or whatever they are calling it these days.

As they say, it's a rough life, but we all need to make sacrifices and compromises.
Just have faith in yourself and trust that you can do it.

Last edited by fleckle; January 30th, 2014 at 03:53 AM.

Old January 30th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Fleckle, stern advice but I will try to abide by it

Sent from my little machine that knows way too much about me.

Celebrity Eclipse 14 night Exotic Southern Caribbean Cruise 22 March 2014. Oh what a perfect cruise, I'm glad I spent it with you.( pics)
_Celebrity Equinox 10 night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise 22 February 2013. A great break from the wet west coast blues.
Celebrity Infinity 16 night Panama Canal 25 April 2012. A great "Connections" group made it an even greater cruise.
Celebrity Mercury 14 night Western Caribbean 20 Dec 2010. A great way to spend Christmas, bring in the New Year and make new friends.
Celebrity Solstice 10 day mediterranean 28 sept 2009 (first cruise). D'oh Mark says it should be 11 nights. It was a great first cruise anyway you write it.
to be
Celebrity Century 14 night Singapore to Dubai 22 March - 5 April 2015. A new adventure waiting in the wings.