WW 2 Pacific Theater

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Theme Cruises
Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:26 PM.
Texas
324 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
My DH is an avid history buff with his main interest being the ships and battles of WW 2.
I have done a bit of research with the result being guided tours of 17 (average) days with the price tag of around 10k pp.
A bit over our budget.
Can anyone steer me to a cruise line, preferably Pacific based, that I could use to piece together some sort of history rich vacation?
michigan
892 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
A few years ago one of the cruise lines did a Islands of ww2 . I think it started in at Sanfransico and went to Hawaii and then 10 major battle islands and ended in Japan 18 day cruise . I really regret not doing that. Its the only one ive seen. The ship was full so I couldnt get a room so Im surprised no one has done another . Id do it CARL
Portland, Oregon
160 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I assume you've looked at www.miltours.com and that's one of the places that's too expensive? Their site seems to be down tonight.

I would be interested in that too -- my father-in-law teaches in that area, and we're all interested.

I know when we did a local tour on Oahu they mentioned that the veterans were getting too old to travel with their families and so business was down.
Washington, DC
4 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by 50cruiser
A few years ago one of the cruise lines did a Islands of ww2 . I think it started in at Sanfransico and went to Hawaii and then 10 major battle islands and ended in Japan 18 day cruise . I really regret not doing that. Its the only one ive seen. The ship was full so I couldnt get a room so Im surprised no one has done another . Id do it CARL
It was a Princess cruise called The Islands of the Pacific Theater. Started in Hawaii and ended in Japan. Reasonably priced but I haven't seen it offered in at least five years, maybe more. I would jump on it if offered again.