Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Theme Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Theme Cruises Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."

Old November 27th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default WW 2 Pacific Theater

My DH is an avid history buff with his main interest being the ships and battles of WW 2.
I have done a bit of research with the result being guided tours of 17 (average) days with the price tag of around 10k pp.
A bit over our budget.
Can anyone steer me to a cruise line, preferably Pacific based, that I could use to piece together some sort of history rich vacation?

Last edited by dillonsmimi; November 27th, 2010 at 07:50 AM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

A few years ago one of the cruise lines did a Islands of ww2 . I think it started in at Sanfransico and went to Hawaii and then 10 major battle islands and ended in Japan 18 day cruise . I really regret not doing that. Its the only one ive seen. The ship was full so I couldnt get a room so Im surprised no one has done another . Id do it CARL

Old November 28th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks, Carl.
I will keep looking and let you know what I find.

Old February 12th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

I assume you've looked at www.miltours.com and that's one of the places that's too expensive? Their site seems to be down tonight.

I would be interested in that too -- my father-in-law teaches in that area, and we're all interested.

I know when we did a local tour on Oahu they mentioned that the veterans were getting too old to travel with their families and so business was down.

Old February 13th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

You might contact the National WW2 Museum in New Orleans. They might be able to give you some leads

Old February 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cruiser View Post
A few years ago one of the cruise lines did a Islands of ww2 . I think it started in at Sanfransico and went to Hawaii and then 10 major battle islands and ended in Japan 18 day cruise . I really regret not doing that. Its the only one ive seen. The ship was full so I couldnt get a room so Im surprised no one has done another . Id do it CARL
It was a Princess cruise called The Islands of the Pacific Theater. Started in Hawaii and ended in Japan. Reasonably priced but I haven't seen it offered in at least five years, maybe more. I would jump on it if offered again.