Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > New Cruisers > First Time Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

First Time Cruisers You May Also Want to Read: Over 4,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)

Old December 13th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default celebrity eclipse aqua class

were on the eclipse in nov 11 were wondering whats the perks regarding the spa and the room any help would be a help.

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM
50,000+ Club

Dont you eat some spa healthy dinner they assign you to with that class? Plus the spa privileges.

I know I read on the Celebrity board about the perks. I was looking at the CC balconys.

Old December 13th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hello Fire,
i am all for healthy..goodness knows i need it ! i know there is a relaxation room ?..but what does it inc ?

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:41 PM
10,000+ Club

There are several perks, some more meaningful than others. Here are some of the more substantial perks:

*Blu will be your dining room for dinners. Blu is a more intimate venue than the main dining room; it has more of a feel of a true restaurant than the main dining room which feels more like a banquet hall. It is a misconception that Blu is "health food" (the Aqua Spa cafe has light and healthy breakfasts and lunches, but that is separate from Blu and is open to everybody). The sauces in Blu are lighter than in the main dining room, but there is still plenty of foods such as rack of lamb, steak etc. on the menu that are certainly not health food. You can also eat breakfast in Blu, but Blu is closed for lunch.

*Complimentary bottled water and flavored tea will be brought to your stateroom daily. You will also have a small vase with some fresh flowers, a fruit basket (that is replenished daily) and afternoon canapés.

*You stateroom will have a shower that has massaging jet panels. You also will have upgraded towels, toiletries and linens than a regular stateroom, an ottoman for your balcony chair and scented oil in your room (lemongrass scent).

*You will have an expanded room service menu with choices such as fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice as well as fruit smoothies available for no charge.

*You have free access to the Persian Gardens area of the spa (room with sauna, steam room, rain shower and heated ceramic loungers). You also have free access to the Relaxation Room which is the spa's waiting room. There are comfortable chairs with a view out the front of the ship that some like to nap in or read in; there is also fruit infused water available in this room for no charge.

*You will receive an extra Captain's Club credit (credit in the loyalty program).

*When boarding the ship, there is a special line for Aqua Class guests that may be shorter than the regular line (but do glimpse at the regular line, as on occasions that one may be shorter).

*Sometimes the spa gives coupons to Aqua Class guests for discounts not available to people in other staterooms partway into the cruise.

Completed Cruises:
RCI Allure of the Seas - September 2, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean (Aft Boardwalk Balcony; 24 Restaurants in 7 Days)!
Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2012 - Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise with Temecula, San Diego, and Vancouver Land Add On (Sky Suite GTY)
Celebrity Millennium - February 20, 2012 - Western Caribbean (Adult Spring Break: SoBe, Millie & The Penthouse)
Celebrity Silhouette - September 27, 2011 - Holy Land (Concierge Class)
Celebrity Equinox - October 31, 2010 - Mediterranean & Westbound Transatlantic with the Hobgoblins (First Suite)
Celebrity Equinox - December 4, 2009 - Southern Caribbean (Aqua Class "Hump" Stateroom)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - January 9, 2009 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Panamaniacs!
Celebrity Century - April 28, 2008 - Transatlantic: Miami to Amsterdam Honeymoon Cruise with the Centurions!
HAL Noordam - May 13, 2007 - Alaska Inside Passage
RCI Adventure of the Seas - November 26, 2006 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI Grandeur of the Seas - February 11, 2006 - Western Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2005 - Western Caribbean

Old December 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

thanks for the information ..! it clears some things up for us..

Old December 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

We're just back from Eclipse this weekend and were in a cat 1A cabin. We loved our room and extra large balcony, but wished we'd done AquaClass and will in the future if we return. We had some lousy experiences in the main dining room, Moonlight Sonata (everything else on the ship was amazing, btw), but heard wonderful things about Blu and wished we could have dined there.

past cruises :
X Solstice (Western Med/Venice), 6/28-7/10/12
X Eclipse (Eastern Carib), 12/4-12/11/10

Old December 16th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

While on the Equinox we had friends in Aquaclass so we got to eat at Blu. It is nice to have a "specialty dinning" feel but not paying for it. Food is pretty similar to the MDR and you can ask to order off the MDR menu if you want.

One word of caution...if you are sensitive to perfumes and anything "scented"...stay away. I went to visit my friends and the perfumes and scented pot purri was too much for me. I stayed away from deck 11 where they were located as a result. (but that is just me who is sensitive to strong perfumes)

My personal cruise planning site: www.foet.ca

Celebrity Reflection, Mediterranean, Nov. 4 – Nov. 18, 2012
Celebrity Silhouette, Caribbean, Nov. 30 - Dec. 12, 2011
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Caribbean, March 31 - Apr. 9, 2011
Celebrity Equinox, Holy Land, Oct 18 - 31, 2010
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Bermuda, July 31 - Aug 5, 2010
RCCL Liberty of the Seas, Western Caribbean, Nov. 29 - Dec. 6, 2009
Azamara Journey, Eastern Caribbean, Mar. 8 - 20, 2009
Celebrity Constellation, Northern Europe / Baltic, June 28 - July 12, 2008
Carnival Glory, Eastern Caribbean, Nov. 26 - Dec. 3, 2005
RCCL Mariner of the Seas, Western Caribbean, Mar. 21 - 28, 2004
Celebrity Century, Eastern Caribbean, Mar 8 - 15, 2003

Old December 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello Tigger,
thanks for your reply..i guess its almost like going by that store that store in the mall that sells the perfumes !..i am sure it will be ok. looking at videos of the aqua class it will sure be a first for us !

Old December 22nd, 2010, 07:48 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Celebrity's Aqua Class is the best! If you are in to soft colors, spa treatments, healthy living, etc, this is the room class for you. I stayed in an Aqua Class room on Solstice. Like tigger1968 said, eating in Blu is like eating every night in a specialty restaurant and not paying for it. Also, you can show up at any time. You do not have an assigned seat. Although, we always managed to have the same waiter, no matter where we sat.

The relaxation room is also a nice touch. It's a room all the way forward full of comfortable loungers.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
50,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo70 View Post
*You will receive an extra Captain's Club credit (credit in the loyalty program).
I didnt know this .. is this true also for CC balconys ..which get the perks like in room flowers and champagne and the fresh OJ ..but not Blu and the spa. (Im not really a spa person)

Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello Cruz,
we didnt think we be into the spa scene either..but after being hardcore carnival fans and seeing that i get one big vacation a year..celebrity was it. wanted her to be pampered since she put up with my crazy self.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly333 View Post
I didnt know this .. is this true also for CC balconys ..which get the perks like in room flowers and champagne and the fresh OJ ..but not Blu and the spa. (Im not really a spa person)
Yes, Concierge Class, Aqua Class and all Suites receive an extra Captain's Club credit. You also receive an extra credit for sailings of 12 nights and longer - so up to 3 credits per cruise.

Completed Cruises:
RCI Allure of the Seas - September 2, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean (Aft Boardwalk Balcony; 24 Restaurants in 7 Days)!
Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2012 - Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise with Temecula, San Diego, and Vancouver Land Add On (Sky Suite GTY)
Celebrity Millennium - February 20, 2012 - Western Caribbean (Adult Spring Break: SoBe, Millie & The Penthouse)
Celebrity Silhouette - September 27, 2011 - Holy Land (Concierge Class)
Celebrity Equinox - October 31, 2010 - Mediterranean & Westbound Transatlantic with the Hobgoblins (First Suite)
Celebrity Equinox - December 4, 2009 - Southern Caribbean (Aqua Class "Hump" Stateroom)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - January 9, 2009 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Panamaniacs!
Celebrity Century - April 28, 2008 - Transatlantic: Miami to Amsterdam Honeymoon Cruise with the Centurions!
HAL Noordam - May 13, 2007 - Alaska Inside Passage
RCI Adventure of the Seas - November 26, 2006 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI Grandeur of the Seas - February 11, 2006 - Western Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2005 - Western Caribbean

Old October 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question jcruiser9

I just finished a Regent cruise from Athens to Istanbul which was a mixed bag. For the amount of money spent, it was a disappointment. We were upgraded to concierge level which turned out not to be an upgrade at all. We were directly
underneath the buffet area and had very loud noise from 9-12 at night and 4-6 in the morning. When we called to complain, we were told that security would investigate, which was obviously just a way to put us off as they knew what the problem was. After 5 days (of a 12 day cruise) we were finally moved to a quieter cabin.

I am looking for a new cruise for my husband and I. Of course, bouncing around from cruise line to cruise line isn't helping us get any loyalty points but I'm not too happy with Regent right now. I've done Holland America and been pretty happy with them, but they are a big ship and I did like Regent's size.

My question is this: Would we be happy on a ship like Celebrity given that we've done Regent and liked the size (700 passengers)? It would be a lot cheaper. I'm wondering how nice the Aqua class really is, especially since we would be first time cruisers on Celebrity with no earned loyalty or captain points. Any thoughts?

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM
50,000+ Club

The issue would be the size of the ship.

But if you are OK with a much larger ship you might enjoy some of the Celebrity ones.

Of course have you looked at some of the other luxury lines?

Keith