Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Colombia

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Very nice tour with Claudia

We just returned from a cruise on Equinox and took a tour with Claudia in Cartegena. We were more than satisfied. There were 8 of us and the cost per person was $60. We felt that was quite reasonable. She is an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and with a great sense of humor. She is prompt and reliable, the van was comfortable and the tour was well organized. I feel that we had a nicer experience than what we would have had if we had booked a ship's excursion. I felt very safe with her and would recommend her tour.

Old July 12th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm cruising with my sister, who is disabled and walks with two canes. How much walking is there on Claudia's tour, and how fast do people walk?
Thank you
Sue

Old August 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

SanDiegoSue, my sister also walks with two canes. Severe rheumatoid arthritis. She walks verrrrrry slowly. I believe your sis, if she's like my sister, would slow down the group which would be an imposition on them. I, too, have rheumatoid arthritis altho more ambulatory--I took the horse and buggy tour and found it to be very enjoyable. Something to consider.

Old October 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Claudia

We used Claudia for our tour 3 weeks ago. We were on the NCL Star.
There were 20 in our group ,cost was $45.pp. Had a wonderfully informative & enjoyable tour. Claudia is very warm, outgoing & down to earth. If you have her booked, you are in for a treat.

Old December 25th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just returned from a cruise that included a tour with Claudia and have to echo what everyone else is saying. She was fantastic and so full of knowledge. Willing to accommodate all our requests along the way and gave us a DVD of the tour at the end. (not our tour but a pre-produced one) a nice touch.

As to the amount of walking: the second stop is 45 minutes of walking around the old city at a pretty decent pace. The stop at Mount Popa is up hill and includes some steep stairs to get up to the monastery. We stopped at the Emerald Museum and that is upstairs as well: 2 flights. Her tour might not be suitable for someone who is mobility impaired.

Old February 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just did a tour with Claudia on Febraury 20th off the Celebrity Equinox. Our group of 9 thought she was wonderful and would urge anyone interested in doing a private tour of Cartagena to book with Claudia.

Old March 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

My husband and I took a tour with Claudia last week...enjoyed it very much.