Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Let me tell you a story:

A couple of months ago, I was the Captain on a flight to Tel Aviv. In Business was a man who's wife didn't wear her seatbelt before departure. The Purser approached them and asked the lady to fasten her seatbelt.

This is what happened:

Purser: Madam, can you please fasten your seatbelt for take-off?
no reaction
Purser: Madam, please fasten your seatbelt. Attacher votre ceinture s'il vous plait, Maak uw stoelriem vast aub.

no reaction

Purser now signs to the belt and gestures and says: Fasten your belt for your safety madam!

no reaction.

Husband: My wife does not speak to servants. and you do not tell her what to do.

Purser came to me, I went to the passengers involved and removed them from my aircraft for obstructing orders by the crew. They might have not wanted to talk with the "servant", but sure as hell neither would they be guest anymore onboard my aircraft. They accused me of the usual Antisemitic nonsence, but alas, out they went and I'm sure they won't be so rude ever again to the crew. People forget that crew onboard ship and aircraft have the safety as priority number one at all times. Onboard a cruiseship, the cleaner might well be the one saving your life incase of evacuation. Think about that.

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool The staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despegue View Post
Let me tell you a story:

A couple of months ago, I was the Captain on a flight to Tel Aviv. In Business was a man who's wife didn't wear her seatbelt before departure. The Purser approached them and asked the lady to fasten her seatbelt.

This is what happened:

no reaction
Purser: Madam, please fasten your seatbelt. Attacher votre ceinture s'il vous plait, Maak uw stoelriem vast aub.

no reaction

Purser now signs to the belt and gestures and says: Fasten your belt for your safety madam!

no reaction.

Husband: My wife does not speak to servants. and you do not tell her what to do.

Purser came to me, I went to the passengers involved and removed them from my aircraft for obstructing orders by the crew. They might have not wanted to talk with the "servant", but sure as hell neither would they be guest anymore onboard my aircraft. They accused me of the usual Antisemitic nonsence, but alas, out they went and I'm sure they won't be so rude ever again to the crew. People forget that crew onboard ship and aircraft have the safety as priority number one at all times. Onboard a cruiseship, the cleaner might well be the one saving your life incase of evacuation. Think about that.
BRAVO !!!
My DH is a pvt pilot. It is always fascinating to me the number of people who treat FAs as servants. The very first Stewardesses in the US were REQUIRED to be nurses-in case of emergency/air sickness etc. Everyone out there the flight crew is there for your safety. If anything happened becuase you didn't stow a bag properly or refused to fasten your seatbelt you would be the first to sue. Let's start to take some personal responsibility for our own actions.
Happy Holidays
Carole

Old December 24th, 2010, 12:55 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despegue View Post
Let me tell you a story:

This is what happened:

no reaction

no reaction

no reaction.

No truer words said. Thank you for sharing the incident with us. Respect those responsible for your well being.

Old December 24th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have 2 cruises coming up and have yet to be asked to dine at the "hired help" 's table. I look forward to the day when that happens.

Old December 26th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Bravo,, I love it..you were absolutely right..the husband was a jerk as well as he could of advised his wife to buckle up..but chose not to

Old December 26th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingisforme View Post
Bravo,, I love it..you were absolutely right..the husband was a jerk as well as he could of advised his wife to buckle up..but chose not to
I guess we can figure out who rules the roost in that family!

Old December 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Have been on the Century three times and each time have been invited to the Captain's table.
Was on the Constellation on 4th December 2010. Several times at lunch there were officers and other staff in the queue for food and sat at tables near us.
Spoke to the Head chef in the MDR one evening.
We have not been in a suite or Aqua stateroom so do not have any special entitlement