Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


 

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 26th, 2010, 02:53 PM
missbogota's Avatar
missbogota missbogota is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 565
Question RCL Slot Tournament Winners?

Has anyone won and played in the Annual Slot Tournament for winners from all of the ships? I won with a $25 entry fee and there were 88 contestants. The tournament will be Dec. 5, 2011 on the Liberty.

Was interested to know if you enjoyed it and what the payouts were...Thanks for any info you may provide!
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old December 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Mikew0805's Avatar
Mikew0805 Mikew0805 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pueblo West, CO
Posts: 1,573
Default

I just got off Jewel of the Seas, and unfortunately we did not get the 63 required entrants to be part of the cruise giveaway.

The cash prizes they gave instead were along the lines of $450 / $275 / $150
__________________
Completed Cruises
NCL Southward ~ 12/16/1991 4 Day Baja Mexico
NCL Norway ~ 08/22/1992 7 Day Eastern Caribbean
CCL Imagination ~ 11/29/1999 5 Day Western Caribbean
CCL Triumph ~ 07/29/2000 7 Day Western Caribbean
CCL Holiday ~ 10/02/2000 4 Day Baja Mexico
CCL Imagination ~ 04/26/2001 4 Day Western Caribbean
CCL Imagination ~ 04/30/2001 5 Day Western Caribbean
CCL Elation ~ 09/02/2001 7 Day Mexican Riviera
RCI Splendour of the Seas ~ 12/09/2006 5 Day Western Caribbean
RCI Serenade of the Seas ~ 10/05/2007 15 Day Hawaii
CCL Conquest ~ 09/28/2008 7 Day Western Caribbean
RCI Voyager of the Seas ~ 03/08/2009 7 Day Western Caribbean
RCI Jewel of the Seas ~ 12/13/2010 11 Day Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, Grand Cayman
NCL Jewel ~ 05/01/2011 9 Day Eastern Caribbean
NCL Star ~ 04/15/2012 12 Day Eastern/Southern Caribbean Repositioning
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old December 26th, 2010, 04:08 PM
phoenix1181's Avatar
phoenix1181 phoenix1181 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,472
Default

I played in this years tournament on the Navigator. It really wasn't that big a deal. Not much different than playing in the one that got me there. I'm pretty sure the first prize was $5000 & they paid the top 5. (It wasn't that long ago but since I didn't make the finals, I wasn't paying too much attention) When all was said & done, everyone got something with the lowest amount being $200.

It was a good cruise but not really free. You'll still pay taxes & port fees........ I added to that by upgrading to a balcony from an ocean view on deck 2. Since it was a 5 day cruise at the time we generally take a 2 week Caribbean vacation, we did a b2b2b. We had a good trip but for the cost, I won't bother in the future. I'd rather choose my own cruise date & destination.
__________________


I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old December 26th, 2010, 04:48 PM
missbogota's Avatar
missbogota missbogota is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix1181 View Post
I played in this years tournament on the Navigator. It really wasn't that big a deal. Not much different than playing in the one that got me there. I'm pretty sure the first prize was $5000 & they paid the top 5. (It wasn't that long ago but since I didn't make the finals, I wasn't paying too much attention) When all was said & done, everyone got something with the lowest amount being $200.

It was a good cruise but not really free. You'll still pay taxes & port fees........ I added to that by upgrading to a balcony from an ocean view on deck 2. Since it was a 5 day cruise at the time we generally take a 2 week Caribbean vacation, we did a b2b2b. We had a good trip but for the cost, I won't bother in the future. I'd rather choose my own cruise date & destination.
Thanks Phoenix for the info! The winning letter I got says "Royal Slot Tour" Championship tournament ...Estimated prize pool is $50,000. Guess that is really far off from a 1st place prize of $5,000!

How many contestants (estimate)? Any private parties? Did they pay your gratuities? Trying to decide if it is really worth it... Don't mind paying taxes & fees, but it sounds like they are making a big deal out of nothing.

Thanks again!!!
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old December 26th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Daghis's Avatar
Daghis Daghis is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: McMurray, PA
Posts: 4,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikew0805 View Post
I just got off Jewel of the Seas, and unfortunately we did not get the 63 required entrants to be part of the cruise giveaway.

The cash prizes they gave instead were along the lines of $450 / $275 / $150
When I was on the Oasis of the Seas in August, we just barely got the required number of players to qualify for the entry to the free cruise and tournament. I got second place which was a $90 prize. I think third place got something like $25-30.
__________________
Marc


Previous Cruises (links below to go live threads I started for those cruises)

Celebrity Century, 10/98; Viking Serenade, 1/00; Grand Princess, 8/01; Carnival Elation, 7/02; Carnival Elation, 7/03; Liberty of the Seas, 8/07; Adventure of the Seas, 8/08; Oasis of the Seas, 8/10; Majesty of the Seas, 1/11; Allure of the Seas, 8/11; Freedom of the Seas, 3/12; Majesty of the Seas, 7/12; Freedom of the Seas, 10/12; Monarch of the Seas, 10/12; Independence of the Seas, 3/13; Allure of the Seas, 8/13; Independence of the Seas, 3/14
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old December 27th, 2010, 08:42 AM
phoenix1181's Avatar
phoenix1181 phoenix1181 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbogota View Post
Thanks Phoenix for the info! The winning letter I got says "Royal Slot Tour" Championship tournament ...Estimated prize pool is $50,000. Guess that is really far off from a 1st place prize of $5,000!

How many contestants (estimate)? Any private parties? Did they pay your gratuities? Trying to decide if it is really worth it... Don't mind paying taxes & fees, but it sounds like they are making a big deal out of nothing.

Thanks again!!!
This year's tournament letter quoted an estimated $25,000 which is why I decided to go. (I thought the top prize was 25k!) I believe the "estimated" figure was the total of all prizes awarded, not the first place prize.

There were 72 or 73 of us. There was a get together the first night of the cruise with drinks where we chose our seat & round. Everything after that was in the casino where they served wine that anyone could have. I'm not a wine drinker so I got nothing out of that.

They don't pay gratuities. All you get is the base cruise fare for you & a guest in the lowest category oceanview stateroom. It's handled through RCCL Group.
__________________


I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old December 27th, 2010, 09:30 PM
missbogota's Avatar
missbogota missbogota is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 565
Default

Thank you Phoenix for the info...I really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
atcac atcac is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: al
Posts: 1
Default I also won aand will be on theLiberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbogota View Post
Has anyone won and played in the Annual Slot Tournament for winners from all of the ships? I won with a $25 entry fee and there were 88 contestants. The tournament will be Dec. 5, 2011 on the Liberty.

Was interested to know if you enjoyed it and what the payouts were...Thanks for any info you may provide!
When I called and left a message, they call back the next day and the total cost with out any upgrades was $535.46 for the taxs etc. I think the $50K is the total payout.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old January 11th, 2011, 08:50 AM
granger granger is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: orth Carolina
Posts: 211
Default

I booked my place on the Liberty for Dec and upgraded to a Junior Suite and they do pay your gratuities. The total payout for this tournament is $50,000.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:32 AM
missbogota's Avatar
missbogota missbogota is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by granger View Post
I booked my place on the Liberty for Dec and upgraded to a Junior Suite and they do pay your gratuities. The total payout for this tournament is $50,000.
Do you mind saying how much that cost? Thanks...
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:06 AM
granger granger is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: orth Carolina
Posts: 211
Default

Our final payment was $1,275 and change.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:06 AM
missbogota's Avatar
missbogota missbogota is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 565
Default

Thanks Granger!
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
SueTony SueTony is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5
Default Royal Caribbean Royal Slots Tournament

I recently won a slots tournament and now qualify for the "Royal Slot Tournament" in December,2013 on the Liberty. In the Casino they took my personal information and gave me a form letter which states there is an estimated prize pool of $100,000.
Has anybody had experiences with this tournament recently and would you be able to tell me about the number of participants and actually monies won.
Is it worth the cost of paying for flights, etc. for a free 5 night cruise?
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:58 AM
debitoo's Avatar
debitoo debitoo is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTony View Post
I recently won a slots tournament and now qualify for the "Royal Slot Tournament" in December,2013 on the Liberty. In the Casino they took my personal information and gave me a form letter which states there is an estimated prize pool of $100,000.
Has anybody had experiences with this tournament recently and would you be able to tell me about the number of participants and actually monies won.
Is it worth the cost of paying for flights, etc. for a free 5 night cruise?
WOW, free cruise? That's a no-brainer...IMHO
__________________
Debi

Next up:





Jewel of the Seas CA Coastal October 3, 2015 - Home





**Past Cruises**
Oct 1988 RCI - Song of Norway - S Caribbean
Dec 2012 RCI - Adventure - S Caribbean Trip Report with Pics!
June 2013 RCI - Rhapsody - Alaska
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.