Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old January 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default When is final payment due...exactly?

I did a search on Celebrity site and this one as "final payment". Find everything, but, what I wanted to know. How far out if final payment due? Leave April 18 on a 15 day cruise, outside cabin, if that makes a difference.
Thanks

Old January 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymancouple View Post
I did a search on Celebrity site and this one as "final payment". Find everything, but, what I wanted to know. How far out if final payment due? Leave April 18 on a 15 day cruise, outside cabin, if that makes a difference.
Thanks
The final payment date should be shown right on your invoice, and you should also be able to see it on your account online. It is generally 75 days out, but there are some exceptions.

If you booked through a travel agent, some of them set their own final payment date that is often earlier than the cruise line's final payment date.

Old January 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Have you tried calling Celebrity? That would be the first thing that I would do. I would think that they should know when final payment is due on their cruises.

DON

Last edited by donaldsc; January 1st, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Old January 1st, 2011, 07:36 PM
5,000+ Club

I'm guessing it's the Millenium on April 18. Final payment is due February 2, 2011

Old January 1st, 2011, 08:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by patseacruiser View Post
I'm guessing it's the Millenium on April 18. Final payment is due February 2, 2011

Yep, that's the one, and yes, I called Celebrity, closed, and looked at my invoice from my TA and it says final due 1/2/11. Got to thinking about that and went ?????. So, I have emailed my TA.

Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Old January 1st, 2011, 08:04 PM
10,000+ Club

Usually TA's set final payment date earlier than the cruise line's official date so there is some wiggle room if the transaction does not go through. A month does seem to be a longer piece of wiggle room than is usual though, about two weeks early is fairly common.

Completed Cruises:
RCI Allure of the Seas - September 2, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean (Aft Boardwalk Balcony; 24 Restaurants in 7 Days)!
Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2012 - Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise with Temecula, San Diego, and Vancouver Land Add On (Sky Suite GTY)
Celebrity Millennium - February 20, 2012 - Western Caribbean (Adult Spring Break: SoBe, Millie & The Penthouse)
Celebrity Silhouette - September 27, 2011 - Holy Land (Concierge Class)
Celebrity Equinox - October 31, 2010 - Mediterranean & Westbound Transatlantic with the Hobgoblins (First Suite)
Celebrity Equinox - December 4, 2009 - Southern Caribbean (Aqua Class "Hump" Stateroom)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - January 9, 2009 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Panamaniacs!
Celebrity Century - April 28, 2008 - Transatlantic: Miami to Amsterdam Honeymoon Cruise with the Centurions!
HAL Noordam - May 13, 2007 - Alaska Inside Passage
RCI Adventure of the Seas - November 26, 2006 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI Grandeur of the Seas - February 11, 2006 - Western Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2005 - Western Caribbean

Old January 1st, 2011, 08:05 PM
5,000+ Club

Wiggle room must have been 2/1/11 and numbers transposed???

Old January 1st, 2011, 09:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Usually final payment is due 75 days out for cruises 6+ days and 60 days out for 5 days or less. For holiday sailings, deposit could be due 90 days in advance regardless of the cruise duration.

In any case, your confirmation from Celebrity or your TA can confirm the exact date.

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:08 PM
10,000+ Club

My last TA charged the final payment 2 wks before Celebrity said it was due. My current TA does it a week ahead of Celebrity's time table. A month does seem like over diligent. Whatever the time table, make sure on your credit card record that the payment goes to Celebrity, not the TA.
Last year there were some troubles w/ a TA that went belly up and charged the payment to their agency. Those caught up in cruise final payment near the time they went bankrupt had issues w/ getting the money to the right place (or getting a refund).

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Just so you know, you are sailing over a holiday so final from Celebrity may be 90 days. Your TA may have added to it.

It could also be that the invoicing system the TA is using is formatted to show day/month/year instead of month/day/year.

Why not just call your TA and ask?

Oasis of the Seas 3-14 * Norwegian Breakaway 11-13 * Pride of America 12-12 * Allure of the Seas 10-12 * Amercerto 10-12 * Disney Dream 2-12 * Eurodam 11-11 * Carnival Dream 9-11 (Western Caribbean) * Eurodam 2-11 (Eastern Caribbean) * Celebrity Millennium 7-10 (Alaska SB) * Norwegian Epic 7-10 (2-day pre-inaugural) * Crown Princess 2-10 (Western Caribbean) * Oasis of the Seas 11-09 (2-day pre-inaugural) * Radiance of the Seas 11-09 (Mexican Riviera) * Celebrity Century 10-09 (Western Mediterranean) * Freedom of the Seas 9-09 (Eastern Caribbean) * Liberty of the Seas 12-08 (Western Caribbean) * Celebrity Solstice 11-08 (2 day pre-inaugural) *Jewel of the Seas (NE/Canada) 9-08 * Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 12-07 *Freedom of the Seas (Western Caribbean 13th Anniversary) 01-07 * Celebrity Infinity (Eastern Caribbean 12th Anniversary) 01-06 * Rhapsody of the Seas (Western Caribbean 11th anniversary) 01-05 * Celebrity Infinity (Inside Passage-Alaska) 09-04

Old January 1st, 2011, 10:35 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I would call your TA first thing Monday morning. I booked a March 2011 cruise thru
a TA and final payment was 12/1/10. If I had kept my booking with Celebrity, final payment would have been Jan 1, 2011. TA collects early to pay Celebrity.

Call your TA asap.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

We are going on a cruise in July and have been told by our TA that final payment is 26 January. When I queried it I was told that is the date Celebrity gave them

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pean View Post
We are going on a cruise in July and have been told by our TA that final payment is 26 January. When I queried it I was told that is the date Celebrity gave them
Wow - that's odd. We're cruising in July as well (7/22), but our final payment isn't due until May ...

Old January 2nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by keels81 View Post
Wow - that's odd. We're cruising in July as well (7/22), but our final payment isn't due until May ...
That is what annoys me. Not sure if that comes from not being a big country but I suppose at least we seem to get the same as everyone else with the price drops

Last edited by Pean; January 2nd, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

In the UK final payment is due 57 days out.
If you book via a TA they usually ask for it around 90 days out.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
5,000+ Club

Well I was able to answer the question about when Celebrity required it because I went on and looked at deposit and final payment date and that is the date from the Celebrity website. What your TA asks for may be different. Maybe he/she is going on vacation at the time it's due and wants it in early. I can't say why they are asking for it early - I am just telling you what is on the Celebrity website.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
10,000+ Club

It is strictly up to the TA you use. Once you choose them for booking, it's their perogative. The date due is always printed on their final summary of costs. If you don't want the due date as printed, you should not sign and agree to the contract. Our TA had an earlier than "normal" final due date because we booked a "group rate", got a much lower cost and they need time to rebook that room if necessary.

If you want the "normal" Celebrity due date, then you need to book thru them.