My wine in Dining Room?

SidneyF

You can also drink the wine in your room. Our steward brought us wine glasses and even bar snacks (nuts & such) and a cork screw. And I beleive the steward might arrange to have it taken to the dining room for you so it will be chilled for dinner (if necessary)- they have on other lines.

On a more recent celebrity cruise, we even took our champagne to the pool area one afternoon - very nice.

We brought our own wine to the dining room on two occasions on the Caribbean Princess to share w/our tablemates and were not charged corkage fees for either bottle - even stored one of the unfinished bottles for the next evening!

Enjoy!

Just sailed the 1/29 Diamond. Except in Sabatini's, we were charged $10 corkage fees for each bottle we brought, opened in the dining room. On two ocassions, my husband opened the bottle in our cabin (to share w/family) and carried the open bottle to dinner. In those instances, we were not charged $10.

On all of our cruises we bring wine & drink it in our cabin we usually book balconies. On principle I refuse to pay the corkage fee. I would rather put the 10.00 towards a bottle off of their wine list. We also have found we have bought wine in different ports & they never have taken it from us when we boarded. That's another possibility if you want to try different wines from different countries. DH & I have found to work out quite well for us. All cruise lines are charging corkage fees. Some cruises have recently upped the corkage fees.

We had traditiomal dining on the Sapphire and our wait staff did not charge us for opening the 2 to 3 bottles our table had each night. It sounds like it varies. Since we were not charged a corkage fee, our wait staff made out in the end on tips for saving us so much money.

We took our own wine last July on Royal Princess. Enough for every second night or so and we bought theirs in between. I don't mind paying the corkage. We got better wine for a lower price.

I arranged with our ever-obliging cabin steward that any bottle left on our dressing table was intended for dinner that night. It disappeared and then magically re-appeared without fail at dinner. Any unfinished bottle would be kept for you till tomorrow. Now that I think of it, there may not have been any unfinished bottles....

I am afraid there would not be any unfinished bottles in our case.

Though we love wine, we are far from snobs. On our trip out of Vancouver last year, we bought a few boxes of a regional Chardonnay. Loved it. Packed was VERY esay. Storage in the little fridge went fine. We would always have a glass before dinner in the room, then head to dinner with a full glass.

We did not mind ordering from the ship, but sometimes it took too long to get the waiter to take our money/and get a drink.

Princess web site says there is a $10 corkage fee for bringing your own wine to the Dining Room. Can any one confirm this is still in effect? Hate to bring some and have it locked up until end of the cruise.

I am on Island now and have brought 5 bottles of wine to the dining room and have been charged 1 corkage fee.

Johnmik, did you have any problem carrying it on? We're on the Island in 5 weeks!!!

We have a wheeled carryon that we bring empty to the embarkation city and then buy our liquor and load it up.This time we brought 10 bottles of wine and 3 bottles of scotch.The bag has never been looked at by security in our 4 Island cruises.Hope this helps.

Archived