transport Orlando to port canaveral??

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Florida Departures

Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:57 PM.
roseville, michigan
51 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
We paid $83.74 for three of us from Orlando to Port Canaveral cruise
in a private towncar and $132.50 for six of us from Port Canaveral
cruise to Orlando in a stretch limousine. Free stop at Walmart to pick
up some last minute items.
Contact Michael at 321-505-0009 Executive vip limo
northern UT
8,691 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
we used BEACHLINE TRANSPORTATION in Dec...ok, once the driver finally told us WHERE to meet him...he kept telling us wrong areas and seemed confused and didnt know anything about the discount we were suppose to get by mentioning CC--lots of wasted time.
we are looking into Cocoa Beach hotels that offer Fly, Snooze and Cruise pkgs for our Dec cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~HAPPY SAILS TO YOU~~

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE BREATHS WE TAKE~~BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

NCL STAR~(MR)_12-05/2-07/12-08/2-11
NCL STAR~(PC)_12-09
NCL JEWEL~(W.Carib)_1-10)
NCL SUN~(E/W.Carib)_12-10*/12-11*
NCL SPIRIT~(CN/NE)_ 9/08
RCL LegendoftheSeas-(HI)_11/04
CCL Victory-(W.Carib)_ 1/04
X Mercury-(AK)_7/02
USNS BARRETT-(Guam, HI, CA)_7/64
North of Boston, MA
654 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by MoYerclan
We fly in a day early, rent a car for a day and drop it off near the port. The rental car agencies all seem to have a van to deliver you (and pick you up again) to the ship. Its a bargain and very convenient, I think it runs about $50. Florida is a good place to rent cars as they don't seem to penalize you for one-way rentals.
I've been checking quotes online and it seems like they're charging up to $40 for a one-way fee when returning to MCO... I think this was with Dollar Rent A Car... anyone else finding that??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Melissa
"I know I don't get there often enough, but God knows I surely try. It's a magic kind of medicine that no doctor could prescribe." ~Jimmy Buffett

NCL Majesty (Bermuda), 1999 -
CCL Inspiration (W. Caribbean) - 2001 - CCL Dream (E. Caribbean) - 8/27/2011 -
NCL Sky (Bahamas) - 1/30/2012
- CCL Breeze (E. Caribbean) - 1/19/2013

Unofficial Official Late Night Deck Cleaning Inspector

5,323 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by melli_fera
I've been checking quotes online and it seems like they're charging up to $40 for a one-way fee when returning to MCO... I think this was with Dollar Rent A Car... anyone else finding that??

Dollar is the only one I have ever heard of charging the fee. Check with Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Enterprise. They are all here and will shuttle you to/from the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Equinox 11/13
Grandeur of the Seas 3/12
Adventure of the Seas Europe 5/11
Carinval Glory 10/09
Cruised the Nile River 12/08
Celebrity Infinity 4/08
Costa Fortuna 12/07
Sovereign of the Seas 9/07
Carnival Destiny 5/07
Carnival Miracle 12/06
Carnival Sensation 8/05
Carnival Fantasy 5/05
Carnival Imagination 10/03
Carnival Elation 8/01
Ontario, Canada
1,042 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
We rented a van from MCO to Port (did a couple days at Disney in between). We used Dollar and they charged $17 for the one way rental but it was still cheaper to go through them than the other companies. For the return to the airport though the car rental route didn't work out to be cheaper so we went with a shuttle through cruisexpress. They were fabulous and the best price we found at $20pp. I highly recommend cruisexpress. The owner's name is Wanda and she was great to deal with. She replies to all emails promptly.
illinois
24 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
That is where I got lots of information about transportation
and hotels. The new I work in Port Canaveral section of the
cruise critic. Great info about everything around Port
Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.
18 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by ROBINBIRDIE66
Hi,
I'm taking a trip in May on Freedom. We are flying into Orlando airport and are wondering what is the best way to get to Port Canaveral. Anyone have any recommendations on taxi companies, car services, etc? Or should I just book the shuttle through RCI (even though it seemed pricey)?
Thanks,
Robin
Hi Robin,

We used Executive VIP Limosine services before and after our Freedom cruise a few weeks ago. Michael (owner) gave a great rate and was very prompt with a phone call the day before pick-up. Marlene (driver) picked us up from our hotel in the Orlando International Airport area and even took us on a side trip to Dunkin Donuts on our way to Port Canaveral. This company is highly recommended! (viplimo@screenstar.com is Michael's email address) Make sure you mention the Cruise Critic boards.

And to touch on rental cars.... We much prefer that someone else pick us up and drop us off rather than having to deal with the hassle of a rental car. Why worry about gas, tolls, directions, etc, etc...? It is vacation, you know! Let someone else drive. . .

Hope you find what you're looking for. Enjoy your time on Freedom!

Audrey♥
Oshawa,Ontario,Canada
1,621 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
We're using this company , highly recommended and reliable.

TraveLynx Inc
321-631-7796
800-226-5969 - Toll free
321-631-6734 - Fax
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

10-22-2011 Norwegian Sun
07-22-2013 Norwegian Spirit
08-03-2013 Norwegian Jade
09-21-2015 Norwegian Sun
09-28-2015 Norwegian Sun
19 Posts
Joined May 2011
I can recommend Star Trans-VIP. We used them more then once and are very happy with their service. I've learned about this company here on cruisecritic.com
Prices are great. We paid $140 from Disney to the port and $115 from the port to the airport (for a family of 7 with 13 huge bags).
I also heard they offer "luggage hold" service (not sure how it is actually called). The idea is ... they will hold your luggage while you are shopping or visiting an attraction. We were planning to use this service while shopping in Florida mall (had 5 hours before the flight) , but had to rush to the ER right after the cruise (one of our family members got very sick).
Site - http://www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com
We also used Mears just a couple of times. It was OK ... not very personalized and a bit expensive.
Canton, Michigan
230 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
We just booked a cruise on the Freedom in April 2012. We have booked a room at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral for the night before our cruise. They have a shuttle that will pick you up at Orlando airport. I was told it would be $70 for 4 of us. Has anyone used this service? Just wondering how prompt they are at picking you up.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
RCCL: Adventure(x3), Allure(x3), Anthem(x1), Brilliance(x2), Explorer(x4), Freedom(x1), Harmony(x1), Independence(x2), Legend(x1), Liberty(x3), Mariner(x1), Navigator(x1), Oasis(x1), Radiance(x1), Rhapsody(x2), Serenade(x1), Quantum(x1)
New York City
1,241 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by proudaunt
If we do a one way rental, how do we get from the cruise to the car rental place when we get back? Do they have shuttles readily available?
yes most of the agencies have locations right near the port offering free shuttle service to and from the port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Boo