Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old January 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default internet how much?

We are leaving on the legend on 23rd.What is the cost of the internet on Carnival and are there any special rates?Once when we sailed NCL they had specials on Wed night.

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:59 PM
10,000+ Club

The internet access can be costly and slow, not much faster than dial up on most ships:

Pricing
Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All internet access charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” Account.

Activation fee - a one-time $3.95 charge applies to each user on their first login only.

Time Plans – offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation and do not have to be used in a single session. No refund will be awarded for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.

Longer Cruises (6 days and longer)
• 250 minutes for $100.00
• 100 minutes for $55.00
• Pay As You Go: $0.75/minute

Shorter Cruises (5 days and shorter)
• 60 minutes for $24.00
• 30 minutes for $16.50
• Pay As You Go: $0.75/minute

Last edited by *Mach*; January 21st, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

Old January 21st, 2011, 05:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Go ashore

Many Bars, Coffee Shops, and Cybers offer WiFi at the various Destinations. I think it is better to plan on communicating there rather than on the ship. I always hear bad things. Bottom line it does not work very well at sea.

Old January 21st, 2011, 07:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

it's INCREDIBLY SLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! even in the cyber cafe. Wait for a cafe onland.
Carnival Destiny -- 09/15/11-09/19/11 -- Key West & Cozumel -- 4
Carnival Miracle -- 12/05/10-12/13/10 -- Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba & Curacao -- 8
Carnival Legend -- 12/13/09-12/20/09 -- Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize & Roatan -- 7
Carnival Imagination -- 12/15/08-12/19/08 -- Key West & Cozumel -- 4
Carnival Fascination -- 11/27/06-12/01/06 -- Key West & Cozumel -- 4

Old January 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
5,000+ Club

I think they may have deals if you go and purchase one as soon as you get on the ship. And some sort of sign-up for "free" minutes drawing?

I agree - I would wait for a cyber-cafe. Your waiters and your stewards would probably know the cheapest places to go off ship.