Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Mexican Riviera

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexican Riviera Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Old January 25th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Massage in Cabo - Avanti Beauty School

Has anyone heard of or used the Avanti Beauty School in Cabo for a reasonable massage. There is information on the internet - see link below - just wondering if it is still actually there and if anyone is familiar with Cabo to know where it is - see the directions below?

Located behind the DHL off the Bordo road (road heading towards Todos Santos highway). Open Monday to Saturday from 8am to 8pm!

http://www.investloscabos.com/LOS_CA...e_2284605.html

Old January 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrkitty View Post
Has anyone heard of or used the Avanti Beauty School in Cabo for a reasonable massage. There is information on the internet - see link below - just wondering if it is still actually there and if anyone is familiar with Cabo to know where it is - see the directions below?

Located behind the DHL off the Bordo road (road heading towards Todos Santos highway). Open Monday to Saturday from 8am to 8pm!

http://www.investloscabos.com/LOS_CA...e_2284605.html
Sorry, I don't know about the beauty school but when we were there last March, we found massages behind Solomon's Restaurant. They were $25. Solomon's is after you walk around the Marina, it is the first restaurant on the corner. Ask the hostess at the restaurant, her name was Barbara when we were there, she made our appointments. The owners name, I believe, was Maria, very sweet gal. I had a manicure by her, very basic one. Mom said the massage was very good. The room I was in was for massage and decorated nicely and it seemed very clean.
)

08/19/2012--Carnival Conquest (7367)
03/25/2012--Carnival Splendor (7351)
05/29/2011--Carnival Splendor (2408)
01/16/2011-- Carnival Splendor (cancelled due to fire)
03/2010--Carnival Splendor (aft wrap balcony 6485)
12/2009--Golden Princess (14 day Hawaii Christmas)
06/2009--Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas (Promenade Cabin) (San Fran, Seattle, Victoria)(swine flu change of itinerary)
03/2009--Norwegian Star
06/2007--Carnival Paradise (E40)
01/2006--Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Exclamation Avanti Beauty School

I have been here twice. Once for a massage (okay, but the place behind Solomon's really was a bit better), and once for a pedicure. Today was the pedicure...NEVER again! I had a gel-based polish on my toes and let the gal know, as well as her supervisor. They thought I meant that I had acrylic toenails and attempted to PRY my toenail off while I yelled. I had said it was a polish that needed more polish remover acetone. Finally they got it, and TWO hours later I was rewarded with a mediocre pedi (I really am not horribly picky nor am I mean), I do realize they are in training and I like to support them since most are young moms. The sign said 150 pesos, the manager charged me 250 pesos...when she was asked why, she told me it was for the extra acetone!
A dollar bottle of acetone (which I used a very small amount), really?
I sat through a ridiculously slow, at times painful (be sure to ask them NOT to cut into your cuticles), and way overcharged appointment. I will not be going back, and to be honest, for 250 pesos, you can go to a much nicer location where they are fully trained at what they do.

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:15 AM
10,000+ Club

What money you would save on the procedure price you will spend in a cab to get there. There are a ton of places on the Marina and one street back, so the prices are pretty much the same, and walking distance.

421 Days on the Sea and Counting

Old March 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Avanti beauty school

Yes I agree. I drove there since I live here, and it really isn't worth letting.g someone practice on you since you can also go to Senza or any place around the marina.

Old March 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would recommend the one behind Solomans Landing (Lola's). They do a great massage, and the money saved from not taking a taxi will buy you a great dinner either at Solomans, or (our favorite) Captain Tony's (right next door).