Pride Aft Balcony Cabin - 5268

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:59 AM.
#1
MD
7 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Hello, Never cruised with Carnival before, 2 with Royal Caribbean. We got a great deal on a "guaranteed" balcony room out of Baltimore next month. Just found out it is an aft balcony, # 5268. Any tips for the Pride or this deck? I'm kind of excited about the aft balcony, this is a first.

Thanks!
#2
282 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
We went on the Pride last April (our first cruise). I've seen a lot of varied reviews on the cruise, but we had an absolute blast! There were things that we didn't like, but in no way did that ruin our overall opinion of the vacation. We had such a great time that we're booked on the Pride again for a September cruise this go around.

If there's anything I can answer for you, please ask away!

P.S. We had a standard balcony in the middle of the middle. It was the best thing for us because of the movement in the front/back of the ship. I would've gotten sick for sure.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
_________________________
Coming up:
11/8/14 on Carnival Breeze




Sailed
:
9/11/2011 on Carnival Pride
4/4/2010 on Carnival Pride

#3
13 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
We were on the Pride two summers ago, Empress Deck aft. It was terrific. We were on the very back of the ship. Our balcony was right over the wake.....really beautiful, private and peaceful.

Make sure to order room service and enjoy your morning coffee or tea on the balcony. There's nothing like it. Wish I was there now.

Have a wonderful time!
#5
MD
7 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Thanks, sounds like it worked out in our favor. Does the aft balcony really help with preventing wind? Baltimore in February = freezing, so not sure if we will actually be able to enjoy it until we hit the southern states.
#6
Odenton, MD
202 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by torrbail
Thanks, sounds like it worked out in our favor. Does the aft balcony really help with preventing wind? Baltimore in February = freezing, so not sure if we will actually be able to enjoy it until we hit the southern states.
We have an Aft Balcony on the Veranda Deck... 7349 we leave 2/27... very curious what the weather will be like and how windy the Aft cabin might be
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Celebrity Zenith Bermuda 9/2006
NCL Majesty - Bermuda 9/2008
Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean 9/2009
Carnival Pride - Bahamas 2/2011
Carnival Breeze - Europe 6/2012
Carnival Breeze - Western Caribbean 2/2014
#7
2,895 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Just had an aft balcony on the Miracle last week. You are very protected from the wind back there. We had some really windy days, and could hardly feel in on the balcony. It seemed much warmer back there than on the side balconies. You will love it.
I suppose if you are back there in the summer months when the temps and sun are very hot, it may be uncomfortable. But, in the winter months it is great.
Claudia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#8
South Jersey
388 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
We had this cabin on the Miracle out of New York in May. We loved the panoramic view. While cruising, you don't really get much wind and while in port, it was HOT! This may work in your favor cruising in Feb!
Have a great cruise!
K
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10-13-12 Carnival Miracle NYC to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
04-28-12 Carnival Miracle NYC to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
10-30-11 Carnival Legend Tampa to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman
05-14-11 Carnival Miracle NYC to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
10-31-10 Carnival Legend Tampa to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize
05-07-10 Carnival Miracle NYC to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
10-25-09 Carnival Pride Baltimore to Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport
05-08-09 Carnival Miracle NYC to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau
11-06-06 Carnival Elation Port Canaveral to Nassau, Half Moon Cay
05-04-06 Carnival Miracle Tampa to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya
05-13-05 Carnival Legend NYC to San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola
09-05-04 Carnival Victory NYC to Boston, Portland, Halifax, St. John
#9
phila, pa
51,760 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
your cabin is handy if you want to use the laundry room-- its right there.
--
You should not feel the wind BUT the air will be cold anyways- just not windy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next up-- Disney WOrld Dec 5, 2016 Carnival Vista- February 2017 Disney WOrld May 7, 2017 Disney World 8/17

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#10
Raleigh NC
2,887 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
WOW! I can't believe a Balcony GTY ended up being an aft! You guys made out like bandits!!! Have fun!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Carnival Liberty - July 2007
Carnival Glory - April/May 2008
RCI Monarch of the Seas - August 2009
Carnival Legend - October 2010
Carnival Miracle - October 2011
Carnival Ecstasy - April 2012
Carnival Legend - October 2012
#11
Maryland
132 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by torrbail
Hello, Never cruised with Carnival before, 2 with Royal Caribbean. We got a great deal on a "guaranteed" balcony room out of Baltimore next month. Just found out it is an aft balcony, # 5268. Any tips for the Pride or this deck? I'm kind of excited about the aft balcony, this is a first.

Thanks!
I don't have any tips but I just booked Aft Cabin #5270 in July. I hope it's not too hot back there but I've have heard good things about aft cabins, so here it goes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Festivale, Eastern Caribbean - 5/89
RCI Navigator of the Seas, West. Carribean - 8/06
NCL Majesty, Bermuda - 7/08
Carnival Pride, Bahamas - 7/11
Carnival Pride, CTN (Superstorm Sandy Special)- 11/12
Carnival Ecstasy, Bahamas - 2/15
Carnival Pride, Eastern Caribbean - 5/15
#12
phila, pa
51,760 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by BrianMD
I don't have any tips but I just booked Aft Cabin #5270 in July. I hope it's not too hot back there but I've have heard good things about aft cabins, so here it goes.

In July the balcony will be warm during the day- you get no ocean breezes back there. Keep the curtains closed to the cabin and keep the balcony door closed. (keeping it open causes condensation to build up in the room making it all feel wet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next up-- Disney WOrld Dec 5, 2016 Carnival Vista- February 2017 Disney WOrld May 7, 2017 Disney World 8/17

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#13
Ohio
140 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
I will let you know, we have that cabin for our cruise leaving this Sunday, the 6th. I have never stayed in an aft cabin before so I am a little anxious about it. I keep reading mixed reviews; some can sleep, some can't; too much noise. I don't care, I will be on a cruise and it will be wonderful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
05-02-2015 Westerdam
10-27-2014 Carnival Paradise
03-01-2014 Liberty of the Seas
12-18-2013 Eurodam
12-15-2012 Carnival Elation
03-03-2012 Voyager of the Seas
#14
Tornado Alley - Moore, Oklahoma
72 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
We have an 8th floor aft balcony room reserved for April 2012. The only negative comment I have heard about these rooms is if you leave towls or clothes out on the balcony they tend to sometimes get soot on them from the stack on top of the ship. When it blows (and it blows often) the black soot must travel and fall down over the balconies on the aft of the ship. But I can only imagine the view from these rooms and I am so looking forward to that in it's self and could over look a little soot.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#15
phila, pa
51,760 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
the view from inside the cabin:

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next up-- Disney WOrld Dec 5, 2016 Carnival Vista- February 2017 Disney WOrld May 7, 2017 Disney World 8/17

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#16
Birmingham, AL
433 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by shooshoo2
We have an 8th floor aft balcony room reserved for April 2012. The only negative comment I have heard about these rooms is if you leave towls or clothes out on the balcony they tend to sometimes get soot on them from the stack on top of the ship. When it blows (and it blows often) the black soot must travel and fall down over the balconies on the aft of the ship. But I can only imagine the view from these rooms and I am so looking forward to that in it's self and could over look a little soot.
We only book afts. Our first was on the Pride and we can't go back to any other balcony now. We had no soot on a 7 day Pride and on the 12 day Liberty, only 2 mornings. It usually occurs only when the ship is in port. When moving, the soot is carried above the aft and is no problem. Just look before you sit. It wipes off the furniture very easily.
Everything else about afts, at least to us, are wonderful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Emerald Seas 1977
Celebration 1997
Pride 2002
Imagination 2003
Glory 2004
Holiday 2004
Liberty (Med) 2006
Mariner of the Seas (02-07)
Grandeur of the Seas(02-08)
Fantasy(01-09)
Magic(Med)(05-01-11)
Volendam(Alaska)(06-12):
Liberty(08/15)
#17
Maryland
132 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by kewpie
I will let you know, we have that cabin for our cruise leaving this Sunday, the 6th. I have never stayed in an aft cabin before so I am a little anxious about it. I keep reading mixed reviews; some can sleep, some can't; too much noise. I don't care, I will be on a cruise and it will be wonderful.
Hey Kewpie, just following up to see how you liked your cabin and the cruise overall.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Festivale, Eastern Caribbean - 5/89
RCI Navigator of the Seas, West. Carribean - 8/06
NCL Majesty, Bermuda - 7/08
Carnival Pride, Bahamas - 7/11
Carnival Pride, CTN (Superstorm Sandy Special)- 11/12
Carnival Ecstasy, Bahamas - 2/15
Carnival Pride, Eastern Caribbean - 5/15
#18
Maryland
264 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Just got off the Carnival Spirit a couple of weeks ago and we were in 5268 and my parents in 5270. We always get balcony rooms and wanted to try AFT as we heard so much about it. I really didn't enjoy it as much as others do. I look forward to watching us pull into port and you couldn't see any of that. I will say, there wasn't much noise in the hallway as it is quite far from most things so no one wanders back there except to go to the laundry (which is right across the hall). Makes it convenient if you have to iron something! Of course, it is all personal preference, but we'll be going back to a balcony on the side of the ship!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Victory 2001
Carnival Fascination 2003
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Sensation 2004
Carnival Imagination 2005
Carnival Elation 2006
Carnival Victory 2008
Carnival Dream Transatlantic Oct 2009
Carnival Fascination, Bahamas - Keys, Oct 2010
Carnival Spirit, Hawaii to Vancouver, April 2011 - Platinum, FINALLY!!
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1413246
Carnival Pride, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport Sept 2012
Carnival Freedom, Western Carribean 11/24/13
COMING SOON: Carnival Legend, Hawaii to Vancouver (2.0), April 2017

Royal Carribean Grandeur of the Seas - Bermuda 2007
Royal Carribean Radiance of the Seas - Alaska - 06/06/14
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2007041 - Pre-Planning
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2050943 - Trip Report and Cruising


Coral Princess, Panama Canal, 2005

Viking Kara - Rhine Getaway - 04/14/15 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2202938 - Trip Report[/i]
#19
WHITTIER,CA USA
689 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
do you have pics of these cabins to share?? We have both 5270 and 5268 in September 2011!! would love to see them! Thanks


Originally posted by rjeffler
Just got off the Carnival Spirit a couple of weeks ago and we were in 5268 and my parents in 5270. We always get balcony rooms and wanted to try AFT as we heard so much about it. I really didn't enjoy it as much as others do. I look forward to watching us pull into port and you couldn't see any of that. I will say, there wasn't much noise in the hallway as it is quite far from most things so no one wanders back there except to go to the laundry (which is right across the hall). Makes it convenient if you have to iron something! Of course, it is all personal preference, but we'll be going back to a balcony on the side of the ship!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<a href="http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/chelko/?action=view&amp;current=britamcruisepic.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/chelko/britamcruisepic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
<a href="http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/chelko/?action=view&amp;current=Platinumsig.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/chelko/Platinumsig.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

<a href="http://s17.beta.photobucket.com/user/chelko/media/CarnivalPlatinumVIFPSignature.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/chelko/CarnivalPlatinumVIFPSignature.jpg" border="0" alt="Platinum photo CarnivalPlatinumVIFPSignature.jpg"/></a>
Legend July 2017
Breeze Aug 2015
Imagination July 31 2014 50th BDay Cruise CCL
Conquest April 28, 2013 NOLA!
HAL Oosterdam May 5, 2012
Spirit Apr. 28, 2012 CCL
Spirit Sept 20, 2011 OUR PLATINUM CRUISE!
Elation December 11, 2009 Brian's Birthday
Paradise Oct 30, 2009 Halloween Cruise CCL
Elation Feb 2009 Valentines Day Cruise CCL
Paradise Nov 2007 CCL
Elation July 2007 CCL
Monarch of the Seas Oct. 2005 RCCL
Pride August 2004 CCL
Ecstasy May 2002 CCL
Holiday Oct 1997 CCL
MARDI GRAS MAR 1983 CCL
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/BeS4M-3w4GVjn4C8HE5XTQ?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-_qITEtuDTdQ&feat=embedwebsite"><img src="http://lh6.ggpht.com/_KmjuXyjYBHw/SpASyWXEcuI/AAAAAAAAA2o/E6gz4PZYY3U/s144/WhaleTailClub1.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From <a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/TheOatesFamilyPics/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-_qITEtuDTdQ&feat=embedwebsite">Drop Box</a></td></tr></table>




Mmmmm WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!!
[/size]
#20
phila, pa
51,760 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by CruisnMom007
do you have pics of these cabins to share?? We have both 5270 and 5268 in September 2011!! would love to see them! Thanks

carnival cabins are all most identical.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next up-- Disney WOrld Dec 5, 2016 Carnival Vista- February 2017 Disney WOrld May 7, 2017 Disney World 8/17

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^