Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Cozumel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Mini Submarine underwater scooter

Has anyone done this tour as seen on Cozumel Water Sports? Looks like a lot of fun! Anyone has a review? I know it was offered by Carnival but I cannot find is anymore...thanks!

Old February 4th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Was that the one they called James Bond mini subarine??

Old February 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

We did this 2 years ago. It was awesome! Booked with Cozumel tours. Noticed they were offering it again recently. We saved quite a bit. Shared the tour with some others that booked with ship. Difference....we had to walk a few blocks to the tour operator, they got picked up off the pier. It was worth the walk for us!

Paradise 9/1999
Glory 8/9/2003
Miracle 10/2006
Enchantment of the Seas 7/2009
Disney Wonder 7/2009
Carnival Dream 7/2010
Carnival Ecstasy 4/2011
Oasis of the Seas 10/2011
Carnival Liberty 9/2012

Old February 14th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cozumel tours does not seem to offer this tour anymore, I did not see it on their site and when calling them, the agent did not even know about this tour??

Old March 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Where do you actually do the tour? Is it right by the pier? Do you go to a specific beach with a good reef? Did you see a lot of fish?

Any info would be appreciated. I plan to book this tour just have to check the time change first before picking a time.
Thanks
Deb
Voyager of the Seas 12/2003
Celebrity Galaxy 10/2000
Carnival Fascination 11/1997

Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

I did this tour through Carnival on my honeymoon last year. It was a joke. We took a short (scary) taxi ride from the pier to a hotel. We weren't even on a "beach" per se, just a dock where we climbed down a ladder into the water. There were no fish/sealife to observe, the guide was diving beside us and had a water bottle full of bread that he would squeeze and a school of fish would follow it around. The fish were not even bright and colorful, you could barely see them. I've been snorkeling in the Keys countless times and everywhere I went the sealife was brighter, more colorful and more abundant, so I'm not sure if it is just a Mexico vs. Florida difference or what. Also, they left us in the scooters waiting so long, swaying back and forth under water (meanwhile your head is in this dome with thick glass that makes everything slightly distorted) and I wound up getting really sick and throwing up before the guy could get me out of my scooter. My husband and I didn't fully recover from it for a few days afterwards, and being on a cruise ship already feeling seasick is not great! Hope this helps, maybe our experience was out of the ordinary from others, but I would never do this again in a million years!

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas - June 2003
Carnival Destiny - May 2009
Carnival Legend - May 2010 *Honeymoon*
Carnival Freedom - June 2011
Carnival Glory - May 2012
Carnival Freedom - April 2013

Old May 4th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

They are now seem to run the tour from a southside resort as of posts on the Carnival board....guess the location was changed and close to the reefs?