Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Azamara Club Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Azamara Club Cruises
Find Your Azamara Club Cruises Roll Call

Old February 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post New Ships for Azamara Club Cruises?

New Ships for Azamara Club Cruises?

Continue reading for more details

More...

Old February 4th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

More choices for great cruises! I'm all for that.

Old February 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

My wife and I are planning our first cruise with Azamara sometime in 2012 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It will be our first real vacation since "the time before children". Needless to say we are soo looking forward to this trip.

I realize that this may be a bit premature as talk of expansion may be more rumor than reality. It would be wonderful if Azamara expanded their fleet and itineraies. Hopefully this would open up more b2b sailing options.

I was also thinking that possibly Cbo Bill Leiber might be able to suggest a contest to name the new addition(s) to the fleet. Cruise Critics members could submit their suggestions and a random drawing(s) could be pulled from the pool of winning suggestions (because great minds think alike I'm sure more than one of us will submit the same ship names). This way the whole Azamara family gets a chance to name one of their new children. lol Prizes could range from an obc to a free cruise. Seems like a great way for Azamara to say thank you to their customers. Heck what do I know? Seems like a great PR move to me. I'm not sure about the legalities on contest rules? Any thoughts?

Regards,
Steve

Sry went a bit long. My first post ever, a bit nervous. lol

Last edited by stevejco; February 16th, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Old February 16th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejco View Post
My wife and I are planning our first cruise with Azamara sometime in 2012 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It will be our first real vacation since "the time before children". Needless to say we are soo looking forward to this trip.

I realize that this may be a bit premature as talk of expansion may be more rumor than reality. It would be wonderful if Azamara expanded their fleet and itineraies. Hopefully this would open up more b2b sailing options.

I was also thinking that possibly Cbo Bill Leiber might be able to suggest a contest to name the new addition(s) to the fleet. Cruise Critics members could submit their suggestions and a random drawing(s) could be pulled from the pool of winning suggestions (because great minds think alike I'm sure more than one of us will submit the same ship names). This way the whole Azamara family gets a chance to name one of their new children. lol Prizes could range from an obc to a free cruise. Seems like a great way for Azamara to say thank you to their customers. Heck what do I know? Seems like a great PR move to me. I'm not sure about the legalities on contest rules? Any thoughts?

Regards,
Steve

Sry went a bit long. My first post ever, a bit nervous. lol
Hi Steve !

Welcome to Cruise Critic, and to the Azamara Forum. Great first post !

While I have no idea on what Royal Caribbean / Azamara's timetable is for new ships, the idea of a naming contest is a good one. It's been done by several lines in the past.

I truly hope that when the eagerly awaited day of Azamara's newbuild announcement comes to reality... the Cruise Critic community will play a role in the ship(s) future... whether it be involving the Ship's name, or possibly items such as - what we'd like to see on the new ships, Cabin design, or Specialty Dining venues. The ideas are endless !

After all, aren't New Cruise Ships the result of great ideas, passion and inspiration ? That's what I see, every time I see a Cruise Ship !

Please Follow me on Twitter

Old February 17th, 2011, 02:51 AM
5,000+ Club

The only problem with a competition is, for legal reasons, they are never open to "the whole Azamara family". There always has to be geographic restrictions and, therefore, will increase the feeling that the cruise line is favouring one market over the others.

Sue

2014 [November] Eclipse - Broadway and Beaches Transatlantic
2015 [April] Millennium - Transpacific Shanghai to Vancouver
2016 [January] - Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean
Past
2013 [November] Constellation - Westbound Transatlantic, [December] Constellation - Western Caribbean B2B
2012 [December] Eclipse - Southern Caribbean
2011 [February] Quest - Southeast Asia, [December] Infinity - Canal & South America
2010 [November] Constellation - Transatlantic
2009 [April] Azamara Quest - Singapore to Athens, [November] Infinity - Panama Canal
2008 [August] Norwegian Sun - Alaska
2007 [November] Millennium - Transatlantic
2006 [June] Constellation - Baltic

Last edited by Project_gal; February 17th, 2011 at 02:52 AM.