Valor cabin 9200

kaj1436

These converted rooms will be approximately 230 sq.ft, and they have floor-to-ceiling windows. All Conquest and Destiny/Triumph class ships used to have floor-to-ceiling window rooms on spa deck, but all except for Liberty had them converted to balconies. Many people were upset about this, because those floor-to-ceiling windows were so nice and unique, while there are tons of other balconies on all ships everywhere. I guess this is their answer to the criticism of the removal of the floor-to-ceiling windows on spa deck--to convert these rooms into floor-to-ceiling window rooms. Obviously, both sets of rooms are higher categories than they used to be (plus 5 extra rooms including the new Captains Suites), so Carnival makes plenty more money. Hopefully, they'll stop with this (lido deck only) on these ships. I'd hate for them to get greedy and remove the "secret" deck on all the decks.

That is correct. I was told that it was 320sq ft. Just wondering what other's opinion on them were? Are they nice? Worth the extra cost as opposed to a regular oceanview? Has anyone actually sailed in the newely converted ones and can report back as to how they are?

That is correct. I was told that it was 320sq ft. Just wondering what other's opinion on them were? Are they nice? Worth the extra cost as opposed to a regular oceanview? Has anyone actually sailed in the newely converted ones and can report back as to how they are?

nobody has sailed in them yet. they are debuting on the valor out of drydock.

john heald is supposed to be announcing details tomorrow, but the square footage you've been quoted and i noted hasn't even been publicly announced as far as i can tell....

here's a comparison of the liberty - the only ship with the also added captain's suites, and the valor deck plans out of dry dock:

22fcbf6d.jpg

typically it was 3 4J cabins + open deck space on conquest class ships. (plus the 2 captains suites on liberty only).

now, they've managed to fit 6 cabins in between... ;)

i think they're coming to liberty next - though they're definitely not there right now, it's something they could do while the ship is not in drydock / IS in service...

as far as desirability - i think they'll be a really nice CABIN - with the large windows, looking out forward to where the ship is going...

the size of the windows (apparently) will be a huge bonus vs. a standard oceanview... i always thought the family oceanview staterooms were a great value & unique cabin. nice to have 'em back.

what it'll make the front of the ship look like - to be determined. :)

now, what would be really cool - if you could open the window(s) a bit :D

Edited by falkcor

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl//the_fleet/valor/valor.htm

Yes, according to this website, 9200 & 9201 will be 320 sq.ft, and the other 4 will be 230 sq.ft. I had only looked at the descriptions of the other 4, but now I see those 2 listed at 320. Those 2 will certainly be the most popular 2, unless there's something bad about them we don't know yet.

• 4 weeks later...

We have just sailed in 9200 on the 2/27 sailing. We are told we have the honor of being the first passengers in this cabin. In fact - they we still putting the final furnishings together as we arrived at the room.

This room is AWESOME. Better than most balcony cabins in my opinion, and we have almost always sailed balcony (just one time inside). I loved the huge windows looking forwards...and the space...lots of it. On the last sea day, I spent almost the whole day sat in front of the (almost) floor to ceiling windows reading and watching the ocean.

One criticism - there are two double closets so plenty of hanging space, but not enough shelf or drawer space. They need to convert half of one of the closets to shelving.

Hope to post pictures later if I figure it out.

Thanks for replying...picutures would be great!!

Did feel much movement or swaying of the ship? I have never saliled that high up and that far forward before so just wondering about that.

Was it a regular or split bathroom?

I'm booked there in September, someone please post some pictures and keep this tread going! I hear these rooms are great. When I called Carnival, she said they are bigger than all balcony rooms and some suites. They are only $8.20 more! Book it! They are selling out quick!

Those are great pictures. Yes, it looks very nice. What's that black square above the windows? A tv? I didn't realize how big the couch is. I could be me spending alot more time in the room now! How do they turn that into a double bed?

I would love to see more of the vanity and closet area as well. Anyone else have any?

It's a flat panel TV. These were taken by a Carnival rep, not someone who actually stayed in the room. I'm still hoping the person who stayed in the room sends more pics too. I'm assuming the vanity is in the left corner that we can't see.

Front-facing windows are fantastic. I've stayed in the Captains Suites on the Liberty. The forward view is incredible at sail away (much appreciated as it poured when I left Miami last time).

ok - so hopefully this will work. The images lost some quality in the upload - but you get the idea - an absolutely fantastic cabin - oh how I miss those windows.:o Note: the picture on the wall (shown in the thumbnails a few posts above) is missing in my pictures. As I said earlier - they were still adding the finishing touches when we arrived at the cabin.

Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

Valor_Feb11_004.jpg

Valor_Feb11_006.jpg

Valor_Feb11_010.jpg

Thanks for replying...picutures would be great!!

Did feel much movement or swaying of the ship? I have never saliled that high up and that far forward before so just wondering about that.

Was it a regular or split bathroom?

There was definitely movement but it was gentle. I love to feel as though I am at sea, and there was a gentle rocking motion when lying in bed.

The blinds for the windows are electrically operated using a switch near the bathroom door. You are required to close them at night when there is light in the room to avoid glare for those on the bridge. One night we opened them after going to bed - lights out - just sat in bed looking at the sea and stars.

The bathroom is regular. They could have used some of the extra space to make the bathroom slightly bigger - but I'm not complaining.

One other note - the additional section looks great from the outside. Fits in nicely with the profile of the ship - maybe even enhances it. Job well done. I'm told they plan to roll this out to other ships, but don't know which will be next.

ok - so hopefully this will work. The images lost some quality in the upload - but you get the idea - an absolutely fantastic cabin - oh how I miss those windows.:o Note: the picture on the wall (shown in the thumbnails a few posts above) is missing in my pictures. As I said earlier - they were still adding the finishing touches when we arrived at the cabin.

Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

wow, thanks for the fantastic photos...

i thought this was an awesome room judging from the deck plans - and your photos of it are awesome +1.

i think the blue carpet, in the otherwise normal pattern (red primary, carnival standard) is great, and as are the other color choices. kudos carnival.

and i'll be the first to compare the slanted in windows of this (and assuming, similar cabins) to that of 'star trek' fame - in the likes of 10 forward on TNG, etc. very very cool.

looks like lots of space and love the couch.

thank you for posting.

i hope these cabins become 'the norm'. would you happen to have any photos of the enterior of the ship (from the front) - to show how these affect the overall forward look? haven't seen those anywhere yet.

again, awesome post - thanks for your contribution - being one of the first to inhabit these new cabins :D

Front-facing windows are fantastic. I've stayed in the Captains Suites on the Liberty. The forward view is incredible at sail away (much appreciated as it poured when I left Miami last time).

entirely agreed - love the front facing windows...

did you notice, it seems they made the new captain's suites on valor... even better?

here's a comparison of the liberty - the only ship with the also added captain's suites, and the valor deck plans out of dry dock:

22fcbf6d.jpg

welcome back to cc, btw :)

Thank you so much for posting these pics. Once we heard about these rooms, it definitely got us thinking. We're hoping that they do this with the Freedom also, as we're trying to decide between Freedom & Liberty. If they do this with Freedom, we may get one of these rooms. We've been talking about it.

By the way, did you have more than 2 in your room? If so, how did the double convertible sofa work? Is it one of those fold out sofas or was it more like Carnival's single sofas, where the seat is made into a bed (but instead big enough for two in these rooms)?

entirely agreed - love the front facing windows...

did you notice, it seems they made the new captain's suites on valor... even better?

welcome back to cc, btw :)

Thank you.

Those deck plans for the Liberty are misleading. The room and deck plan is more like the Valor, ie. larger than shown.

i hope these cabins become 'the norm'. would you happen to have any photos of the enterior of the ship (from the front) - to show how these affect the overall forward look? haven't seen those anywhere yet.

OK - exterior. Not the best pic - but hopefully you can compare the new look Valor with the old look of the Triumph docked behind her.

Valor_Feb11_038-1.jpg

Thank you so much for posting these pics. Once we heard about these rooms, it definitely got us thinking. We're hoping that they do this with the Freedom also, as we're trying to decide between Freedom & Liberty. If they do this with Freedom, we may get one of these rooms. We've been talking about it.

By the way, did you have more than 2 in your room? If so, how did the double convertible sofa work? Is it one of those fold out sofas or was it more like Carnival's single sofas, where the seat is made into a bed (but instead big enough for two in these rooms)?

Sorry - there was just the two of us. I meant to check the sofabed before we left but I forgot - I knew someone would ask. :o