Recommend a cabin - deck 5/6 outside (sleeps 2)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Island cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:18 AM.
North East of England
44 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Due to go on Island escape on 16 April (getting on in Gran Canaria after 1 week in hotel).

Decided I want to book our cabin (usually do but husband said not to bother when booking holiday). Seems false economy as friends came back from Thompson destiny on Monday and has a lot of trouble with vibration in the cabin which was at the back of the ship and they couldn't be moved.

I prefer midship as I can feel seasick in choppy waters. Does the category deck 5/6 outside (sleeps 2) mean I can be allocated either Coral or Diamond. If so any recommendations?

Cheers
Suffolk
4,227 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by highlandlassie
I was on deck 6 cabin 6052, which I prebooked. I didn't hear anything

Not far from me last year was very quiet? plus I didn't see you
North East of England
44 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by highlandlassie
I was on deck 6 cabin 6052, which I prebooked. I didn't hear anything
6052 or there abouts would have been perfect

but...... looks like I don't have any choice. Really annoyed hubby wouldn't let me pre book cabin when we booked the hol in August.

My friend phoned today and apparently in our class of cabin there are only 3 cabins which haven't been pre booked so we will definitely be in 6000, 6002 or 6004 which are right at the front of diamond deck.
Really fed up as I should have stuck to my guns - I am always seasick once on a cruise when the sea is rough, husband never is, and that was when we were midship - now worried about motion at the front

Any ideas/feedback on these