Seattle cruise transportation via shuttle express

Dan G

I just got done reading the shuttle express website and am confused. Perhaps I am just misisng the obvious, but I could not find a price for booking from the pier to the airport. The $9 seems to be between the piers and the hotels. I then went and tried to book on their website for my cruise date hoping to see the price then, but I got the message to call for a reservation.

Do you have an idea of what the price is for two from the pier to Sea-Tac?

I find it interesting that if you have a reservation they say you must check in ONE HOUR before your reservation time. hmmmmmm.....seems like with a reservation you wouldn't have to check in so far ahead.

I just got done reading the shuttle express website and am confused. Perhaps I am just misisng the obvious, but I could not find a price for booking from the pier to the airport. The $9 seems to be between the piers and the hotels. I then went and tried to book on their website for my cruise date hoping to see the price then, but I got the message to call for a reservation.

Do you have an idea of what the price is for two from the pier to Sea-Tac?

I find it interesting that if you have a reservation they say you must check in ONE HOUR before your reservation time. hmmmmmm.....seems like with a reservation you wouldn't have to check in so far ahead.

website shows for 2 is $38 one way. They normally have larger buses at the port and as they fill they leave for the airport. Since an exclusive towncar would only be about $55 maybe thats a better way to go unless your not in a big hurry on departure day.

Shuttles in Seattle don't seem as simple as SuperShuttle in, say LAX/San Pedro or San Francisco? But, it doesn't look like SuperShuttle operates in Seattle.

I checked out this same website and got a $32 total ($27 + $5 port service fee). This was for May, pier 66 and 3 bags -- not sure what the $38 fee represented.

I, too, would be concerned about the 1 hour 'check in' if you were on the ship, at the pier, waiting to get off. Not sure how that works? And, also not too keen on a 'bus' (as opposed to a van) waiting to fill up before you take off for the airport. That's why some don't like the cruise line transfers.

Are there other options for shared vans? And, does anyone know what the taxi fare is -- one way pier 66 to airport? Roughly, if it isn't a set fare.

Shuttles in Seattle don't seem as simple as SuperShuttle in, say LAX/San Pedro or San Francisco? But, it doesn't look like SuperShuttle operates in Seattle.

I checked out this same website and got a $32 total ($27 + $5 port service fee). This was for May, pier 66 and 3 bags -- not sure what the $38 fee represented.

I, too, would be concerned about the 1 hour 'check in' if you were on the ship, at the pier, waiting to get off. Not sure how that works? And, also not too keen on a 'bus' (as opposed to a van) waiting to fill up before you take off for the airport. That's why some don't like the cruise line transfers.

Are there other options for shared vans? And, does anyone know what the taxi fare is -- one way pier 66 to airport? Roughly, if it isn't a set fare.

fro

from the downtown hotel zone, which techinically pier 66 is (not 91) there is a flat rate taxi fare of $32. From 91 it would be closer to $50. Shuttle express runs 20-24 pax mini buses in addition to vans. There isn't much competition in Seattle so they are the only shared van service. Seattle express offers flat rate but its about $16 pp so you might as well just cab it.

Archived