Miracle Premium Balcony Cabin Dilemma

anybeachmichigan

Don't know what to do....

We currently have booked cabin 6279 which I believed to be a 9B, we did the Early Saver and up till today showed all sold out. Today I see Carnival is showing cabin 8232 as a premium balcony room, I thought these rooms were extended balcony rooms 8K? I wanted that room to begin with because of the supersize balcony, but wasn’t available at the time of booking. My 6279 room appears to be a bigger room plus bigger balcony, 8232 regular size balcony room but supersize balcony, correct? I’m trying to decide what to do now, it’s showing only $100 more to go 8232 but is it worth it? Maybe room 6279 is the best of both worlds: bigger room bigger balcony???? I was kind of starting to like the idea of the bigger room also.

Don't know what to do....

We currently have booked cabin 6279 which I believed to be a 9B, we did the Early Saver and up till today showed all sold out. Today I see Carnival is showing cabin 8232 as a premium balcony room, I thought these rooms were extended balcony rooms 8K? I wanted that room to begin with because of the supersize balcony, but wasn’t available at the time of booking. My 6279 room appears to be a bigger room plus bigger balcony, 8232 regular size balcony room but supersize balcony, correct? I’m trying to decide what to do now, it’s showing only $100 more to go 8232 but is it worth it? Maybe room 6279 is the best of both worlds: bigger room bigger balcony???? I was kind of starting to like the idea of the bigger room also.

When we booked Miracle in 2009, our PVP advised us to NOT book deck 8 because the pool deck and food venues would be above us. I see that 8232 is directly below the salad bar and Lido Cafe. I don't know how much noise there would be from people, chairs and tables from above.

If it was me, I'd stay put. My opinion only.

BTW, Miracle is our favorite ship so far. It's beautiful and so well laid-out.

Just returned from the Miracle, we had room 6232. Balcony was awesome!! 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs plus table. Nice place to relax and read in the afternoon. Room was a little small. There were 3 of us, last time we cruised we had an aft wrap which is a triangle. Bathroom isn't in the hallway.

It seemed that everytime someone wanted to get something out of the closets someone had to get in or out of the bathroom. Liked the layout of the aft wrap better. both balconies were great!!

I was on level 8 on the Legend (miracle's sister ship) and would NOT book that floor again. It was not horrible, but during the day we were right under the ping pong table so we heard lots of boom sounds. In fact we are planning on book on her again soon and will be going with a lower balcony cabin. Stay put!

Your balcony should be twice the size of the regular balconies, while 8232 is 3 times the size. Unless you're throwing a party out there, you don't have to have that huge balcony (and I'm one of the ones who LOVES the supersize!). Your balcony should be the size of the Ocean Suite balconies and our suite balcony was fine. We even had 2 lounges on it, along with the 2 chairs (but that was a little tight). I would stay with the bigger room and not pay $100 more for the smaller cabin and huge balcony.

Interesting that it has now changed categories...when I booked 8232 a few months ago for the Miracle in May, it was still 8K. And it is under the rear part of the dining area on Lido, so not worried about too much noise since the chairs are on a carpeted area;)

Linda, we were in 8232 last May and are booked for her on the 5/6/11 cruise too. I guess we've been doing a B2B 2 years in a row together!! :eek: Small world!!! And yes, we got the extended balcony right before they "upgraded" it and charged more. Have always had aft wraps, but last year decided to save some $ and we picked the extended balcony. OP, have a great cruise whatever cabin you decide to stay in! :D

Archived