FREE WIFI in Funchal

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Other Mediterranean Ports
Dubrovnik, Gibraltar, Istanbul, Kotor, Kusadasi, La Goulette (Tunis), Lisbon, Madeira (Funchal), Malta, Odessa, Sevastopol, Varna, Zadar
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:06 PM.
San Diego, California
127 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Does anyone know the closest WIFI to the port. I have found that McDonalds at the shopping center is supposed to have Wifi but can't find out if the McD's on Ave do Mar 2 has it. We would be happy to buy some food or drink in order to get on line and check mail after a TA.
Thanks,
Lora
Funchal/Madeira Portugal
933 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Hello Lora,

To my knowledge, the free WIFI area closest to the port is Placa Central. If you can locate the Avenida do Mar McD's, then you'll easily reach Placa Central, as all you'll have to do is walk up the nearest road. However, after searching the internet, I learnt that there's also free WIFI at the Marina. The Marina is located at the Avenida do Mar waterfront, so even closer to the port.

Enjoy your visit to the Island.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Madeira - it will stay in your heart forever!
Funchal/Madeira Portugal
933 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
You're welcome!

Bye.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Madeira - it will stay in your heart forever!