Voltage converters in Barcelona

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Spain Ports
Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:43 PM.
San Diego
6,891 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Depending on what you are trying to use you may only need an adaptor with 2 round holes,not a converter. You would need this for ANY hotel.
What equipment are you trying to use??

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UP next:
Miracle-March 18--yearly honeymoon

2,266 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by riffatsea
Depending on what you are trying to use you may only need an adaptor with 2 round holes,not a converter. You would need this for ANY hotel.
What equipment are you trying to use??
I meant to ask if I would need an adaptor not a converter its just for a blow dryer. Thanks for your reply.
732 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
We have found after lugging converters around Europe for years. Unless you are traveling thru small towns and are staying in very small hotels, MOST hotels now have them available at the front desk for you to borrow. I try even to not travel with my blow dryer and will call ahead to the hotel to see if they have blow dryers in the bathrooms. Any weight I can leave at home now I do.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
08-26-2011 Celebrity Infinity
03-24-2012 Celebrity Summit
08-13-2012 Caribbean Princess
04-13-2013 Celebrity Reflection
Raleigh NC
24,460 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
We carry our own but as Caripoo states we have also found most hotels have ones you can borrow. We are just afraid to rely on the hotels for that.

Kirk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kirk

Future Cruises
HAL Amsterdam 1-4-2017 - The World Cruise
HAL Prinsendam 7-15-2017 - Four months on the Elegant Explorer
Hurtengruten Fram 12-15-2017 - Christmas and New Years with the penguins
HAL Amsterdam 1-4-2018 - FLL to Sydney Segment
Azamara Journey 3-7-2018 - An Azamara World Cruise
Crystal Serenity 2-20-2019 - Perth to Cape Town
New Brunswick
38,688 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I would check with the hotel to see if they have blow dryers. Most of the calibre of Colon do. Should be listed in their amenities. However, we normally bring an adapter with us if we are staying more than one day. (to charge cameras, etc.)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jacqui emailme
Click here for our Rotterdam Roll Call's spreadsheet for the March 30th, 2017 Passage to Spain & Western Europe
Click here for Prinsendam Roll Call's spread sheet for May 5, 2018 - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer

9,169 Posts
Joined May 2009
I think the days of needing to bring your own blow dryer when you travel are pretty much over....

(We do bring electrical adapters to charge camera and phone batteries. And most of those, these days, are dual voltage, so only an adapter, not a converter, is needed.)
Exactly where I want to be
6,027 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
If you must drag your own hairdryer along, go out and buy a new, lightweight, dual-voltage hairdryer. You can still use it at home as a primary dryer, but pack it for trips and only have to take the little adapter plug instead of adding the weight of a converter.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Every trip is different, and I am different on every trip."
My opinion is my own and not reflective of any company I may work for who may or may not have a presence on this website.
Avatar photo: taken by me from my hot air balloon on the Masai Mara