Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Belize
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
aholt25 aholt25 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 82
Default Can you suggest the best zipline?

Hi -

My husband and I are two twenty somethings going on a cruise for a week getaway from reality in May on the Carnival Legend. We're leaving the 3 year old with the grandparents, and having fun for once!

So, we're going to zipline in Belize. What's the best place to use? We're ready for some excitement, and an all around good time. Any advice would help.

Thanks!

-Ashley
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
crewsweeper's Avatar
crewsweeper crewsweeper is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tallahassee , FL
Posts: 9,330
Default

If you're on the Legend, you will also be going to Roatan. Roatan has several great zip lines that are easy to get to. There's one directly across from Mahogany Bay port complex called Clip N Zip. Anothe ris South Shore Canopy, with long scenic vistas. Pirates of the Caribbean has some very high zip lines.

In Belize, I suggest cavetubing or a snorkeling excursion that takes you to the reefs. There's also a Captain your own river boat excursion that can be enjoyable. (BTW, shore snorkeling in Roatan is get too, but not at MBCC, you'll need an excursion or head to West Bay/West End).
__________________
Carnival Inspiration, January 2006
Carnival Sensation, February 2007
Carnival Legend, May 2009
Carnival Dream, January 2010
Carnival Dream, May 2010
Carnival Dream, June 2011
Carnival Liberty April 2012
Carnival Breeze, November 2012
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:49 PM
aholt25 aholt25 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsweeper View Post
If you're on the Legend, you will also be going to Roatan. Roatan has several great zip lines that are easy to get to. There's one directly across from Mahogany Bay port complex called Clip N Zip. Anothe ris South Shore Canopy, with long scenic vistas. Pirates of the Caribbean has some very high zip lines.

In Belize, I suggest cavetubing or a snorkeling excursion that takes you to the reefs. There's also a Captain your own river boat excursion that can be enjoyable. (BTW, shore snorkeling in Roatan is get too, but not at MBCC, you'll need an excursion or head to West Bay/West End).
We initially wanted to zipline in Roatan, but then we decided to do an Island Tour with Victor Bodden. If I zipped there, I'd want to do Pirates of the Caribbean. But, I've heard that the snorkeling in Roatan is some of the absolute best, so we were going to tour with snorkeling. But, you think snorkeling is better in Belize?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:42 PM
nomoredyess nomoredyess is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bowie, Md
Posts: 434
Default

Cavetubing.bz

Just used them last week and they are AWESOME!!! Did zipline and cavetube, then had a Belize lunch (rice, beans and chicken) and back to the port.
__________________
John and Lacie
2.14.06- Carnival Triumph/East Caribbean/7days
6.15.08- Carnival Freedom/Europe/12 days
2.27.11- Carnival Legend/West Caribbean/7 days

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
aholt25 aholt25 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredyess View Post
Cavetubing.bz

Just used them last week and they are AWESOME!!! Did zipline and cavetube, then had a Belize lunch (rice, beans and chicken) and back to the port.
Did you make it back to the ship in plenty of time? How was the tubing? I'm weird about non-salt water. Any creepy thing in the water?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old March 9th, 2011, 10:39 AM
nomoredyess nomoredyess is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bowie, Md
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholt25 View Post
Did you make it back to the ship in plenty of time? How was the tubing? I'm weird about non-salt water. Any creepy thing in the water?

Thanks!
Yes, about an hour before the last tender....You can skip the lunch if you want to be back sooner

Nothing creepy...I saw one fish the whole time

Tubing was really relaxing, and good scenery....There is a little hike to get to the site, thats with every company though, no way to avoid it (about 30-45 min, not anything extremem though)
__________________
John and Lacie
2.14.06- Carnival Triumph/East Caribbean/7days
6.15.08- Carnival Freedom/Europe/12 days
2.27.11- Carnival Legend/West Caribbean/7 days


Last edited by nomoredyess; March 9th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old March 11th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Whumcruise Whumcruise is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 105
Default

IF you ever make it to Costa Rica, that is the place for Zip Lining
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
jdg22 jdg22 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 10
Default

I did a cave-tubing and Zip line combo in Belize with Major Tom. It was the best excursion I ever went on as it was reasonably priced and was a full day of action. The tour guides are GREAT!
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:41 PM
pitterpattershoppe pitterpattershoppe is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 132
Default

LOL! I was going to tell you to zipline with Victor Bodden...awesome!

Have you snorkeled before? If so, I actually found snorkeling in Belize a let-down. I knew beforehand, though. The little bit we did as part of Captain Marvin's Stringray City tour in Grand Cayman was better, IMO.

I think there is a lot of variety in fish, coral, etc. in Belize, just not whole big schools of them. At least, not at Goff's Caye anyway. It's not like Hawaii, if you've ever snorkeled there.

-pitterpattershoppe


Quote:
Originally Posted by aholt25 View Post
We initially wanted to zipline in Roatan, but then we decided to do an Island Tour with Victor Bodden. If I zipped there, I'd want to do Pirates of the Caribbean. But, I've heard that the snorkeling in Roatan is some of the absolute best, so we were going to tour with snorkeling. But, you think snorkeling is better in Belize?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
marbear5 marbear5 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 231
Default Where is best zipline?

My family will be on the Allure at Christmas and would like to do a zipline.
Where would you suggest to be best in soutern carribean?
thanks
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old September 25th, 2011, 12:55 AM
digjigc digjigc is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 39
Default

We did the zip line (or canopy??) and cave tubing tour and had a great time...booked with shore excursioneer company.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.