Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Belize

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Can you suggest the best zipline?

Hi -

My husband and I are two twenty somethings going on a cruise for a week getaway from reality in May on the Carnival Legend. We're leaving the 3 year old with the grandparents, and having fun for once!

So, we're going to zipline in Belize. What's the best place to use? We're ready for some excitement, and an all around good time. Any advice would help.

Thanks!

-Ashley

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
5,000+ Club

If you're on the Legend, you will also be going to Roatan. Roatan has several great zip lines that are easy to get to. There's one directly across from Mahogany Bay port complex called Clip N Zip. Anothe ris South Shore Canopy, with long scenic vistas. Pirates of the Caribbean has some very high zip lines.

In Belize, I suggest cavetubing or a snorkeling excursion that takes you to the reefs. There's also a Captain your own river boat excursion that can be enjoyable. (BTW, shore snorkeling in Roatan is get too, but not at MBCC, you'll need an excursion or head to West Bay/West End).
Carnival Dream, January 2010
Carnival Dream, May 2010
Carnival Dream, June 2011
Carnival Liberty April 2012
Carnival Breeze, November 2012

Old March 8th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsweeper View Post
If you're on the Legend, you will also be going to Roatan. Roatan has several great zip lines that are easy to get to. There's one directly across from Mahogany Bay port complex called Clip N Zip. Anothe ris South Shore Canopy, with long scenic vistas. Pirates of the Caribbean has some very high zip lines.

In Belize, I suggest cavetubing or a snorkeling excursion that takes you to the reefs. There's also a Captain your own river boat excursion that can be enjoyable. (BTW, shore snorkeling in Roatan is get too, but not at MBCC, you'll need an excursion or head to West Bay/West End).
We initially wanted to zipline in Roatan, but then we decided to do an Island Tour with Victor Bodden. If I zipped there, I'd want to do Pirates of the Caribbean. But, I've heard that the snorkeling in Roatan is some of the absolute best, so we were going to tour with snorkeling. But, you think snorkeling is better in Belize?

Thanks!

Old March 8th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cavetubing.bz

Just used them last week and they are AWESOME!!! Did zipline and cavetube, then had a Belize lunch (rice, beans and chicken) and back to the port.
2.27.11- Carnival Legend/West Caribbean/7 days

Old March 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredyess View Post
Cavetubing.bz

Just used them last week and they are AWESOME!!! Did zipline and cavetube, then had a Belize lunch (rice, beans and chicken) and back to the port.
Did you make it back to the ship in plenty of time? How was the tubing? I'm weird about non-salt water. Any creepy thing in the water?

Thanks!

Old March 9th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholt25 View Post
Did you make it back to the ship in plenty of time? How was the tubing? I'm weird about non-salt water. Any creepy thing in the water?

Thanks!
Yes, about an hour before the last tender....You can skip the lunch if you want to be back sooner

Nothing creepy...I saw one fish the whole time

Tubing was really relaxing, and good scenery....There is a little hike to get to the site, thats with every company though, no way to avoid it (about 30-45 min, not anything extremem though)
2.27.11- Carnival Legend/West Caribbean/7 days

Last edited by nomoredyess; March 9th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Old March 11th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

IF you ever make it to Costa Rica, that is the place for Zip Lining

Old March 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

I did a cave-tubing and Zip line combo in Belize with Major Tom. It was the best excursion I ever went on as it was reasonably priced and was a full day of action. The tour guides are GREAT!

Old March 16th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

LOL! I was going to tell you to zipline with Victor Bodden...awesome!

Have you snorkeled before? If so, I actually found snorkeling in Belize a let-down. I knew beforehand, though. The little bit we did as part of Captain Marvin's Stringray City tour in Grand Cayman was better, IMO.

I think there is a lot of variety in fish, coral, etc. in Belize, just not whole big schools of them. At least, not at Goff's Caye anyway. It's not like Hawaii, if you've ever snorkeled there.

-pitterpattershoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholt25 View Post
We initially wanted to zipline in Roatan, but then we decided to do an Island Tour with Victor Bodden. If I zipped there, I'd want to do Pirates of the Caribbean. But, I've heard that the snorkeling in Roatan is some of the absolute best, so we were going to tour with snorkeling. But, you think snorkeling is better in Belize?

Thanks!

Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Where is best zipline?

My family will be on the Allure at Christmas and would like to do a zipline.
Where would you suggest to be best in soutern carribean?
thanks

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

We did the zip line (or canopy??) and cave tubing tour and had a great time...booked with shore excursioneer company.