wine on RCCL

wagsalot

It's been a few years since I've been on RCCL. Can anyone give me some insight on the wine policies? Can I NOT bring wine with me onboard? And how about the wine packages they sell onboard? Is there a selection to choose from - or is it just one kind? Any help would be appreciated.

I'll be sailing on Grandeur out of Baltimore 5/27.

You can pack one wine in each bag and no one will care. The wine package for dinner is available at the Windjammer entrance when you come on board the first day. They can assist you as to your dinner wine needs. Get out there, have a great cruise!!!

Yes you can bring wine on board. They will charge you a $10 corkage fee to consume in your room. Wine package is a waste. Just order as you want in the dining room. You will save no money with the wine package.

However, you will probably be able to get some on board without them noticing it, so go for it.

We just got back from Rhapsody last week. We took on 2 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. I bubble wrapped them and put them in a checked luggage. Our cabin steward took bottles to dining room for us so they were there during dinner. We were never charged a corking fee although I was prepared to pay for it. I also took wine that was not on their list. You can see the wines on their list on the RCCL website. My DH is not big wine drinker so wine package would have been a waste for us.

Hope this helps!

If you do an advanced search back a few days (maybe as long as a week, but I think it wasn't that far back), there have been a couple of threads addressing the wine packages. At least one of them had a complete listing of the various packages. Also, try the RCI site. I know they have wine lists, they may also list wine packages.

beachchick

Sadly, they don't detail the package options on their site but when I called RCI, I was told that they had quite a number of packages. You can get a package with soething like 3, 5, 7, 9 or 12 bottles. You can also choose one of three levels (gold, platinum or diamons?) of packages, which more or less determines the selection you will be offered. The 7 day cost at the lower end of the wine selection was somrthing like $156.

Doesn't surprise me--the search function on this board is notoriously poor. That's why I always try to use the advanced search and be really specific and only go back a short time. Sometimes it works; sometimes it's the pits. You could scroll back, but would be several pages. I'm just sure it was within the last week that there was a wine thread that listed the 7-day wine packages. Sorry the search didn't help.

beachchick

Archived