Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Martin Family Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyg131 View Post
Hi everyone, we're back. Will try to reach you by phone Peggy. Penny
Greetings- have been anxiously awaiting you return. We're in R.I. This weekend. Will catch you on Tuesday. Maggie is officially 3 years old.

http://maturecruisers.wordpress.com

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Peg View Post
Greetings- have been anxiously awaiting you return. We're in R.I. This weekend. Will catch you on Tuesday. Maggie is officially 3 years old.
We are back on the road for a week. Be home on the 10th. Talk to you then.

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Peggy, So happy you and John are switching to Christmas. Hope Ron will decide to also.

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello Peg and Penny!

I am afraid I cannot switch. I talked B-I-L and S-I-L into joining us on the Freedom Cruise. I really gave them a hard sell. They have already contracted with folks to run their business and their farm while they are away. After the trouble they have been through to get that arranged I would feel guilty about even asking them to change now. This is the first real vacation they have been on for years. So I don't want to rock the boat now.

I hope both of you and yours have a wonderful Cruise! Enjoy yourselves! I know there will be other cruises we can sail together.

Peg you know I love the Legend and can't wait to be aboard her again. But I guess I need to wait a while yet before I can book her.

Penny I hope you had a great time on your cruise!

I hope you guys keep posting here to keep in touch.

Old May 4th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

This board will always be here for the "Martin Family" and no matter what ship we may be on, we are together in spirit.

I can fully understand not being able to change your plans, Ron, most especially when others have gone to such trouble to make their arrangements. We will use this spot for some of our more private ramblings about upcoming cruises.

I have no fear that we will be cruising with each other again. Once we begin serious sales of the
book "Creativity Unleashed on Carnival," author Ron Jones, Edited by Peggy Martin -- a compilation of poetry and musings while aboard a Carnival cruise ship.

Love y'all, Cuz

Old May 5th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Ron,
Certainly understand why you can't change but I'm sure we will cross paths some day. In the mean time we have this board to exchange ideas and thoughts.

Penny

Old May 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Ron,
I got exhausted just reading the schedule that woman on your blog has for you in January. Good luck keeping up with her.... Penny

Old May 7th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

I came very close to posting and asking if there was a pre-cruise boot camp I had to attend in order to cruise with her roll call group.

Old May 10th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

I'm getting excited about our cruise next week on the Legend. Bill is doing 2 tours, Carolyn is doing a Hot Rock Massage. I'm doing nothing except enjoying the good food and sunshine.

Penny

Old May 10th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyg131 View Post
I'm getting excited about our cruise next week on the Legend. Bill is doing 2 tours, Carolyn is doing a Hot Rock Massage. I'm doing nothing except enjoying the good food and sunshine.

Penny
Now that's the same itinerary as we went on, right? With the exception that you will be going into Belize? What excursions is Bill going on?

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Peg View Post
Now that's the same itinerary as we went on, right? With the exception that you will be going into Belize? What excursions is Bill going on?
Sargeant Cay's snorkle adventure in Belize and Barrier Reef Snorkle in Grand Caymen

Old May 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

We certainly are on our way to creating a family exchange of knowledge. Penny is next up on the Legend (5/22) with some snorkeling thrown in by Bill. Then we have Peg n John on the Legend (12/18) headed towards Key West, Turks, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman. Followed by Ron n Jean's crowd on the Freedom (1/12) to Panama, Costa Rica and Cozumel.

Envy you, Ron, on your white water rafting, but I think John is settling in on the stingray in Cayman and tubing in ??? (is it Ocho Rios? I forgot).

Keep us filled in on all your plans.

Oh, wait a minute....I forgot the Malt Shop cruise for Penny!!! Got your poodle skirt ready?

Old May 17th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Does a poodle skirt mean i can wrap my toy poodle around my waist? He would love to go.
Ron, how's it going over on the Freedom board? We are worried about your sanity with that drill sargent making everyones decision. Pen

Old May 17th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have not been posting on the roll call site. The last time I checked, it was a third of the way down on page two. So far I have not been able to "connect" with the "drill sergeant" and her side kick! So I have been just checking the site every so often just to see if anything is happening.

I will be visiting my friends Lou and Dorcie in Tampa in July. (Penny they were with us on the Legend this January past.) I still have hopes of convincing them to join us on the Freedom.

Peg and John I don't know if the white water rafting will happen. I seem to be the only one in my group that wants to do it. But there is still plenty of time to make our choices.

Both of you cruise before I do. So, I want to see lots of updates! Have great times my friends!

Old May 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Loading the car for tomorrow. All ready to go. Legend here we come.....

Old May 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

I hope you and yours have a wonderful time Penny!

Old May 21st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Ron, Full report when we get home.....
Penny

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hello to all!

Penny I am waiting for for your views of the refurbished Legend. I hope you and yours had a great cruise aboard her.

Peg are you and John doing a countdown calendar for you next cruise? You two cannot be replaced. But, I am trying to recruit additional friends to sail on Freedom with us! I'll keep you informed on how that is going.

I hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend and appreciates the reason for it.

Old May 30th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadron View Post
Hello to all!

Penny I am waiting for for your views of the refurbished Legend. I hope you and yours had a great cruise aboard her.

Peg are you and John doing a countdown calendar for you next cruise? You two cannot be replaced. But, I am trying to recruit additional friends to sail on Freedom with us! I'll keep you informed on how that is going.

I hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend and appreciates the reason for it.
Well, Ron, I think it's admirable of you to be trying to recruit new folks to Freedom - but now, you know deep in your heart that everyone wants a Christmas at sea on the Legend!!!!

The ship that I have on my signature line should have a countdown calendar on it (is that what you're talking about??). I love decorating the bottom of the signature.

Happy Memorial Day to all and very, very special thank you to Ron, Lou, the Chief, and all service men and women on this Memorial Day. My mom and dad are buried in Arlington and it always brings a smile to my face when I think of their site being decorated with the American flag. God bless them all.

Old May 31st, 2011, 09:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello my dear Peg!

Thank you for the kind words about us vets. I want to add Dorcie's name to that. She did her 20+ and is a Gulf War Vet. I too would like to express my thanks and respects to those that sacrificed much more than I.

I think I am making progress in my recruitment of fellow cruisers for the Freedom. I think I have a couple from my work looking into it and a couple I play Scrabble with on-line are seriously considering it. So I am encouraged we will have a good group despite the Drill Sergeant! lol

Peg you know the Legend has a special place in my heart. But, it will be a while before I can sail her again. Just treat her right when you are aboard.

Penny how did you and yours enjoy your cruise? Inquiring minds want to know!