Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old April 27th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Friends of Bill W / AA meetings on Allure of the Seas?

Hi!

Does the Allure of the Seas offer Friends of Bill W meetings? If so, will they be printed on the daily activities sheet? Are they consistently scheduled?

Thanks the info! Keeping up with our AA meetings, even at sea, is an important and vital part of our every day life...

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I haven't been on the Allure, but all the other RCL or Celebrity ships I have been on have them daily in the late afternoon, around 4 or so. Can't remember if they are in the daily or posted by the service desk, but there will be notification of some sort.

I have always gotten great assistance from my waiter and maitre 'd to make sure my meals are prepared without alcohol (yeah, I know it cooks out chemically, but it is there psychologically ). They bring me the menu the night before while we are dining, and I select my choices for the next night.

Keep coming back!

OOOEEE Bob and Phyl

Old April 27th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default From another Friend of Bill

In the Allure Cruise Compass on Day 1 under "Daytime Activities" it says:

"Friends of Bill W. and other gatherings. Please refer to the Community Bulletin Board in front of the Guest Services Desk. Deck 5."

When we were on Oasis last year we were exploring the ship on the first day. We went up to see the chapel and noticed some written materials on a table there. I went to investigate, and it was a notebook that said "Friends of Bill W." with a whole meeting format. I was very impressed with RCCL for this. I know from past sailings on various RCCL ships that they are big supporters of our meetings. I don't know if that means the meetings are in the chapel, and anyway, that was Oasis, not Allure, but the notices for the meetings were indeed posted on the Community Services Bulletin Board.

Have a great cruise!

Old April 27th, 2011, 04:38 PM
10,000+ Club

Do check to board near the Front Desk. They are listed in the Compass too. As above you can have your meals made without any alcohol in them. Dessert may not be as accommodating. There is always jello (and room for it). You can put up your question there too.

Eclipse Jan 26 -23 Feb 2013
Allure B2B 12 & 19 Feb 2012
Allure 5 Dec 2010 http://travel.webshots.com/album/579321903lVFsSR
Norwegian Epic 21 & 28 Aug 2110
Oasis of the Seas 1 & 5 Dec 2009 (Inagural)
Constallation 2-13 Feb 2009
Radiance 26 Sep - 11 Oct 08
Voyager B2B 20 & 27 Jan 2008
Freedom of the Seas 15-22 Oct 06
Summit Hawaii 15-29 Jan 06 Hawaii pics http://community.webshots.com/user/C...n=publicAlbums .
Maasdam Southern Carb 6-17 Feb 05
Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02