Emerald, Crown, Ruby,CB room R515

ddins

Does anybody know the difference about rooms R507,508,514,515 compared to other interior rooms? They look wider and shallower, so I'll appreciate all input on these rooms.

Just a word of caution about the Riviera deck, DH and I were in one of the PH suites on the Crown a few years ago and there was quite a lot of noise starting at 5:30ish am with the staff moving the deck chairs around every morning. I know I am a light sleeper, but DH is NOT and it woke him up every morning as well. (It wasn't a deal breaker, we still loved our suite.)

Those 4 cabins you mentioned appear to be right under the Calypso pool. Perhaps someone who might have stayed in one of those 4 cabins (R507,R508,R514,R515) could give you a better gauge on the noise level, if any at all. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you a thing about the size, but per the deck plan they look sideways.

We stayed in one of those. The cabin is somewhat larger than the usual inside and the configuration is different. The bed and desk are beside the door. Unlike normal insides, there is light coming through a vent in the door so if you like it really dark for sleeping, these cabins may not be right for you. I'm glad we gave it a try, but I would not go out of my way to book this type of stateroom again. I missed the dressing area/closet being separated from the sleeping area.

We peeked into one of those cabins on our last day on the Emerald - the door was open, it appeared vacant, and the cabin steward told us to go ahead and check it out! It appeared somewhat roomier than the standard inside cabin, so we have reserved a similar cabin on the Star for 2012. The bed is at a "sideways" angle compared to the normal inside configuration - in other words, when you walk in the door to the cabin you're not looking lengthwise towards the head of the bed, the bed was a quarter-turn to the right or left, depending.

We always book these cabins. We love them. Only once did we hear the water from the pool above us and that was when we had really rough seas. My other half is a lager man and we enjoy having a wider cabin. And I don't go near the edge of the boat, so a balcony is not for us. (LOL) Sometimes you do hear the chairs being moved about, but we like the location. You walk to the aft of the ship to the stairs to go to the Horizon court our to the bow one set of elevators to get to the lobby area. We think it is one of the best kept secrets of Princess.

We always book these cabins. We love them. Only once did we hear the water from the pool above us and that was when we had really rough seas. My other half is a lager man and we enjoy having a wider cabin. And I don't go near the edge of the boat, so a balcony is not for us. (LOL) Sometimes you do hear the chairs being moved about, but we like the location. You walk to the aft of the ship to the stairs to go to the Horizon court our to the bow one set of elevators to get to the lobby area. We think it is one of the best kept secrets of Princess.

Not anymore thanks to you!!

• 2 weeks later...

It was $180 to upgrade to this room after consideration I decided not to upgrade as we are happy with our room C511 for now. Thanks for the advice it is always appreciated!!!

Archived