It is different than Share The Experience as the Crystal Society Member does not have to be on the cruise to receive the check.
The letter should answer most questions that people have.
The travel agents will also be receiving a Q&A in the next couple of days that should answer questions so I encourage folks to wait on that before asking questions and speculating on answers.
Note that the guests who are first time Crystal Cruisers will get a discount off their cruise, rather than a shipboard credit. The Crystal Society member will receive a check which is taxable income as noted below.
Often, many of us have recommended Crystal Cruises to Family and Friends so this is a nice opportunity should they decide to book and take a cruise with Crystal for the very first time.
John Q. Cruisealot 123 Main Street Additional Address Line Cityname, ST 12345-1234
Receive a check from Crystal Cruises for up to $6,000 when you refer new guests!*
Dear Mr. Cruisealot,
It is with great pleasure that I present to you a valuable new Crystal Society benefit—our Crystal Referral Rewards Program.
As an honored Crystal Society member, you are intimately familiar with the highly personalized service and exceptional luxury that has made Crystal Cruises the World’s Best cruise line for a record-breaking 17 years. With the addition of our new rewards program, we just may be the most rewarding cruise line, as well!
Here’s how our new Crystal Referral Rewards Program works:
• Pass the accompanying certificates along to three friends or family members who have never before sailed on Crystal and encourage them to become New-to-Crystal Guests. The New-to-Crystal Guest certificate provides savings of up to $250 per person on new bookings made after May 23, 2011.
• When your New-to-Crystal Guest(s) books their cruise, submits the completed certificate and cruises aboard an applicable 2011-2012 voyage featured in this program, we will then send you the appropriate forms to complete in order to receive your monetary reward for making a successful referral.
• Once Crystal receives your completed forms, your check(s) will be issued to you in the amount of $2,000 for each New-to-Crystal Couple or $1,000 for each New-to-Crystal Guest who completes an applicable cruise of eight days or longer. If they complete an applicable seven-day cruise, you’ll receive a check for $1,000 for each New-to-Crystal Couple or $500 for each New-to-Crystal Guest.
Overall, you could receive a check directly from Crystal for up to $6,000!*
Please see the back of this letter for the official Terms & Conditions of this program. I encourage you to pass along the accompanying certificates to friends or family members who have not yet sailed with us so they, too, can experience the Crystal difference. They’ll save on their first Crystal voyage, and you’ll be rewarded handsomely for your generous referral.
Gregg Michel President, Crystal Cruises
P.S. The best way to introduce fellow travelers to Crystal Cruises is to sail with them! Remember to take advantage of our new lower Fall Fares and Bonus Savings in early 2012. Contact your preferred travel agent today.
*Please see Terms & Conditions on back.
PO BOX 7702 I ITASCA, IL I 60143-9837
* Terms & Conditions
• Provide the accompanying referral certificates to up to three individuals and/or couples who have never sailed with Crystal Cruises.
• Once the New-to-Crystal Guest(s) has booked one of the applicable 2011-2012 voyages for this offer, they must complete the certificate and return it to Crystal Cruises either through their Travel Agent or by mailing it to: Crystal Cruises Passenger Services Dept., 2049 Century Park East, Suite 1400, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
• This referral program is available to current, active Crystal Society members as of May 23, 2011. All certificates must be redeemed before final payment of a qualifying booking. Referral Rewards will not be issued until the New-to-Crystal Guest(s) sails and Crystal Cruises receives the W9 form or non-U.S. citizenship confirmation from the Crystal Society member.
• Only new bookings made after May 23, 2011 are eligible. Cancellations and rebookings are not eligible for this offer.
• When the New-to-Crystal Guest(s) has completed an applicable voyage, you will receive an acknowledgement letter and a W9 form or non-U.S. citizenship confirmation. The W9 or non-U.S. citizenship confirmation form must be completed and returned to Crystal prior to issuing the rewards check.
• Once Crystal receives your completed W9 form or non-U.S. citizenship confirmation, you will receive a check for $500 per person/$1,000 per couple for your New-to-Crystal Guest(s) who sailed for seven days, or $1,000 per person/$2,000 per couple for your New-to-Crystal Guest(s) who sailed for eight days or more.
• Applicable cruises are: any remaining 2011 voyages after June 1, 2011, and 2012 voyages 2201–2204, 2206; and 2301–2303, 2306 and 2307.
• Each New-to-Crystal Guest (limit: two per stateroom) will receive a savings of $250 on applicable voyages that are eight days or more in length; New-to-Crystal Guest(s) will receive savings of $125 each (limit: two per stateroom) on applicable voyages that are seven days in length.
• Sole occupancy New-to-Crystal Guest(s) will receive a savings of $250 for applicable voyages that are eight days or more in length, or a savings of $125 for applicable voyages that are seven days in length.
• The certificates may not be duplicated and can only be redeemed one time. If the New-to-Crystal Guest(s) cancels his or her booking, the certificate becomes invalid and cannot be reused or reissued.
• The certificate is not combinable with any other certificate, promotion or discount, and is not redeemable for cash value.
• All savings are quoted in U.S. dollars. Referral Rewards will be released in U.S. dollars in the appropriate amount earned. Non-U.S. citizens and Non-U.S. resident aliens will be subject to a 30% Internal Revenue Service withholding tax.
• New-to-Crystal Guest Referral Rewards Program is available for a limited time only, may not be combined with other promotions, applies to the first two full-fare guests in stateroom or suite, is capacity-controlled, subject to availability, is non-transferable, and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice.