Bringing Wine On Board

gquest

This past New Years my hubby brought on three or four bottles of fine wine. Each bottle was brought to our dining room table on different nights and we were charged $10 corking fee for each. The Maitre 'D knew they were all ours, and Carnival does allow you to bring one bottle of fine wine to be served with dinner I believe. Nobody said anything to us, other than the Maitre 'D discussing wine with my husband and his fine selections! This was on the Sensation. We are sailing on the Valor soon and will do it again!

Christine

Here are 3 bits of information which I copied from CCL's website:

(d) Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or ashore cannot be consumed aboard the vessel and will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Guests who are celebrating a special occasion are permitted to bring fine wine or champagne (no other alcohol is permitted) at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. A $10 corkage fee will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room.

One bottle of fine wine or champagne, per stateroom, may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages for consumption on board. However, fine wine or champagne may be brought on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume your wine or champagne in the dining rooms.

----------------------------------------------------------------

...so just call your cruise a SPECIAL OCCASION and you are set.

We will usually bring about 5 bottles onboard with us (not in checked luggage) - and have never had a problem. On our Legend cruise my wife had 2 in her carry-on and I had 3. After going through the x-ray they asked that I open up my bag - they saw all 3 bottles and said "OK" - not sure if they were checking to see if it was liquor - I zipped it up, and was ON MY WAY...!

Oh, and BTW - on a couple of occasions we have entered the dining room on the first night with the wine already corked and when asked, simply stated it was a bon voyage gift... thus NO CORKAGE FEE. On other occasions, when we have had them open the bottle, we have been charged the corkage fee about half the time...

Tom

We wrapped 12 bottles of wine in sheets of styrofoam then packed them in a big duffle bag with wheels. Gave it to the porter with a nice tip and it arrived at our cabin all intact. We drank the wine in our cabin and took a glass with us to dinner. We had 1 bottle left at the end of the cruise and gave it to our cabin steward. DH spent plenty of money on martinis...he's hooked on them.

Archived