Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Looking for a (GOOD) transfer company in Barcelona

We are spending 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona and our return flight home is at 7:30 am...which means we'll need to leave our hotel around 5:00. I thought it might be easier to arrange for a shuttle / transfer company to pick us up rather than trying to find a taxi at that hour. I am looking for recommendations on GOOD companies in Barca that I can price. I've read some poor reviews on Sun Transfers on another forum so want to check out others. A couple of places that I checked were crazy expensive tho (60 - 80 euro for 3 people). Seems high to me....

Some names I've run across are:
Barcelona Airport Transfers
Auto Villars
TaxiVanBCN.com
Barcelona Shuttle

Does anybody have any experience with any of these companies? Do you think one-way transfers are more expensive than booking a RT?! Since this is for our return flight home I don't want to mess around with a company I can't trust. TIA.

Last edited by DVC Annie; May 23rd, 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Annie View Post
We are spending 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona and our return flight home is at 7:30 am...which means we'll need to leave our hotel around 5:00. I thought it might be easier to arrange for a shuttle / transfer company to pick us up rather than trying to find a taxi at that hour. I am looking for recommendations on GOOD companies in Barca that I can price. I've read some poor reviews on Sun Transfers on another forum so want to check out others. A couple of places that I checked were crazy expensive tho (60 - 80 euro for 3 people). Seems high to me....

Some names I've run across are:
Barcelona Airport Transfers
Auto Villars
TaxiVanBCN.com
Barcelona Shuttle

Does anybody have any experience with any of these companies? Do you think one-way transfers are more expensive than booking a RT?! Since this is for our return flight home I don't want to mess around with a company I can't trust. TIA.
Hiya,

Just a thought, you could always arrange with your hotel the evening before to prebook a taxi for you.

We have been to Barcelona a few times and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a taxi whatever time we asked the hotel to get us one (we have stayed at various hotels).

I would definately say that would be the more economical way of doing things. I don't have any recommendations for shuttle services i'm afraid as we always do taxis or the train to the airport.

Hope someone else can help you with the shuttle information

Sam

Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I don't know where you are staying but taxis are plentiful in Barcelona!! The last time I had an early flight I walked out of my hotel to the corner where there was a taxi stand, and just got into the first taxi in the line!
IF there is no taxi stand nearby your hotel will certainly be able to call a taxi for you.
+Venice,Florence,Rome,Barcelona,Paris,Naples, Prague on land

Old May 28th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

We used Zip Transfers last night from airport to our hotel. Booked within 9hr of arriving. Just as a side note (not sure if they subcontracted) but the taxi had the meter 'running' and the total was 24Euro to our hotel (Holiday Inn Express). I had pre paid at 39Euro.

No complaint from me in the difference, i had worked all night and did not fancy waiting at a taxi rank. But you might find just asking the reception for a taxi will be an even cheaper option.

Old June 5th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

We used Autos Vilar in May and they were excellent. info at autosvilar dot com. Juan Collado is great to deal with and very prompt with his reply. We are using them again in Nov. and he has even offered to pick us up some wine because the shops will be closed on Sunday, the day we board the ship.

Old February 20th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Does Auto Villars offer transfers from hotels to the cruise ship terminal as well as airport transfers? We are a family of 4-5 who will have 4-5 large suitacses, 2 suit bags, 3 carryons and some backpacks/briefcase/totebag.
We figure a transfer may be less expensive than 2 taxis. We are looking for a tranfer from the airport to our hotel, a transfer to the cruise ship terminal 2 days later and then a transfer from the cruise ship terminal back to the airport on the day of debarkation for an 11:40 am flight home.
Thanks!
Mary Anne

Carnival Carnivale - May 1980 (Bermuda), Celebrity Galaxy - August 2003 (E. Caribbean), Voyager of the Seas - July 2004 (W. Caribbean), Grandeur of the Seas - August 2006 (W. Caribbean), Explorer of the Seas - August 2007(Bermuda & E. Caribbean), Freedom of the Seas - August 2009 (W. Caribbean), Grandeur of the Seas - October 2009 (Bermuda), Radiance of the Seas - September 2010 (14 night Ultimate Alaska), Adventure of the Seas - January 2011 (Southern Caribbean), Serenade of the Seas - October 2011 (B2B - Southern Caribbean), Serenade of the Seas - May 2012 (12 night Mediteranean & Greek Isles), Enchantment of the Seas - September 2012 (Bermuda), Grandeur of the Seas - August & September 2013 (B2B -Bermuda and Canada & New England), Radiance of the Seas - June 2014 (Alaska), Navigator of the Seas - August 2014 (Honduras, Belize, Cozumel),

Old February 21st, 2012, 06:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHA View Post
Does Auto Villars offer transfers from hotels to the cruise ship terminal as well as airport transfers? We are a family of 4-5 who will have 4-5 large suitacses, 2 suit bags, 3 carryons and some backpacks/briefcase/totebag.
We figure a transfer may be less expensive than 2 taxis. We are looking for a tranfer from the airport to our hotel, a transfer to the cruise ship terminal 2 days later and then a transfer from the cruise ship terminal back to the airport on the day of debarkation for an 11:40 am flight home.
Thanks!
Mary Anne
Yes, they do. Just contact them (our group worked with Juan) and set up the days and times. Our experience was very good, and the price was fair. We had several folks staying at different hotels, and they worked out all of the logistics of getting everyone picked up on embarkation day in BCN.

Past Cruises:
Serenade of the Seas - Bahamas - April 2014
Liberty of the Seas - TA - October 2011
Monarch of the Seas - Baja - June 2008
Voyager of the Seas - W. Caribbean - March 2008
Vision of the Seas - Alaska - August 2006
Monarch of the Seas - Baja - August 2003
Viking Serenade - Baja - October 2001

Old February 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoemc View Post
Yes, they do. Just contact them (our group worked with Juan) and set up the days and times. Our experience was very good, and the price was fair. We had several folks staying at different hotels, and they worked out all of the logistics of getting everyone picked up on embarkation day in BCN.
Thanks for the information! I will contact them!
Mary Anne

Carnival Carnivale - May 1980 (Bermuda), Celebrity Galaxy - August 2003 (E. Caribbean), Voyager of the Seas - July 2004 (W. Caribbean), Grandeur of the Seas - August 2006 (W. Caribbean), Explorer of the Seas - August 2007(Bermuda & E. Caribbean), Freedom of the Seas - August 2009 (W. Caribbean), Grandeur of the Seas - October 2009 (Bermuda), Radiance of the Seas - September 2010 (14 night Ultimate Alaska), Adventure of the Seas - January 2011 (Southern Caribbean), Serenade of the Seas - October 2011 (B2B - Southern Caribbean), Serenade of the Seas - May 2012 (12 night Mediteranean & Greek Isles), Enchantment of the Seas - September 2012 (Bermuda), Grandeur of the Seas - August & September 2013 (B2B -Bermuda and Canada & New England), Radiance of the Seas - June 2014 (Alaska), Navigator of the Seas - August 2014 (Honduras, Belize, Cozumel),