Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends Who Sailed Caribbean Princess on May 13 2006!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
20,000+ Club

Gail what is happening with your grand daughter???

Old July 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
20,000+ Club

Joanne,
I will be in Springfield, Virginia on July 9th and leaving on the 12th, are you any where near there?
Rev

Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmith View Post
Joanne,
I will be in Springfield, Virginia on July 9th and leaving on the 12th, are you any where near there?
Rev

Rev - I am about 15 miles south of Springfield. What brings you to the area? Maybe we can do lunch?

Old July 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipoid View Post
Linda, in the weekly email update I get for our thread, the post that Laura S. did in our old thread said:

Things to remember:
- Your post counts will remain the same.
- This original thread is closed, but currently live and accessible on this forum.

So, while we can't add new posts to that old thread, we can still access it. Did you have the old thread bookmarked? If not, I can send you the link, I think. You should still be able to go to it and copy/paste the pictures you want. I would do it relatively soon, though, just in case they decide to take the old thread off the site.

Joanne, prayers for your cousin and for all of her/your family.

Rev, prayers for Sarah and the baby.

Gail, I hope that your granddaughter is healing.

Merry, I'm knitting another baby blanket for a shower that will be in a couple of weeks.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! *HUGS* to all.

Elisa
Hi Elisa,
I don't have our old discussions bookmarked so can you send me the link? I am just getting back online since we have been on vacation in the Adirondacks until this morning. Then we had to rush off to a wedding. It is good to be able to relax right now even though I have not yet finished unpacking. My puppy is home from the kennel snuggling right next to me. I know I am glad to have him home. Thanks for your help.
Legend of the Seas July 2003
Imagination January 2005
Caribbean Princess May 2006
Emerald Princess March 2010
Celebrity Eclipse January 2011
Celebrity Equinox January 2012
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Celebrity Silhouette August 2014
Go Syracuse!!

Old July 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
5,000+ Club

Old July 4th, 2011, 08:06 AM
5,000+ Club

Oh my - I haven't posted in so long. First, thank you for all the well wishes for Paige. She's finally back to normal and feels just fine. She was able to go to the pool this weekend for the first time - she had to wait for the scab to heal from the pic line in her arm. She did that for one week after she got home and my DD and SIL got instructions from the nurse how to do the meds in the IV and all went well.

Linda - I told my DD she could never be a nurse because she first freaked out with having to do the meds in the pic line. Paige is now on oral meds which she hates. Glad that's all behind us.

Old July 4th, 2011, 08:19 AM
5,000+ Club

Rev - Your travels alone amaze me - what an adventurous woman you are. My question - when you got off the train and then took a car - it was rented right? Why didn't the rented car have GPS? I thought most of them had that now. And....you should have GPS in your car too. With all the new houses you bought I hope you bought yourself a new car. I remember you were driving something old when John was alive.

I just realized how we all talk with each other. I seem to be acting more like a sister would rather than a friend. I hope that's okay with you. I sound like I'm telling you what to do and that's how I am with my sister.

I hope you get to spend more time in DC some time. We loved it so much that we'd like to visit again and loved Virginia too.

Sorry to hear about Sarah and the baby. Where is Pat while her house is getting done? I assume she's in your house with all the dogs.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Old July 4th, 2011, 08:26 AM
5,000+ Club

Joanne - I hope you're enjoying your time at the beach. Family time is the best. We've never done a whole trip just at the beach - I bet that would be fun. How's the cruise planning coming alone?

Elisa - I love mini vacations too. Our friends want us to come up to Door County again this summer for a long weekend as we do every summer, but I can't seem to fit it in to our busy summer. Tom likes driving and it takes us about five hours - so it is a nice trip. Do you have someone come in to feet the kitties while you're gone?

Old July 4th, 2011, 08:35 AM
5,000+ Club

Merry - With your busy schedule - I don't think you will miss your school job. Love the little doll you made - you are so talented. Loved the vacation pictures too - saw some on facebook. So many cute pix with your grands too.

Joanne - I forgot to ask about your cousin. Is she still fighting the disease?

Linda - You've been so busy too. Don't know what pix you wanted from previous posts, but I can repost any I have from our cruise together.

Have a great day everyone.

Old July 4th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
Oh my - I haven't posted in so long. First, thank you for all the well wishes for Paige. She's finally back to normal and feels just fine. She was able to go to the pool this weekend for the first time - she had to wait for the scab to heal from the pic line in her arm. She did that for one week after she got home and my DD and SIL got instructions from the nurse how to do the meds in the IV and all went well.

Linda - I told my DD she could never be a nurse because she first freaked out with having to do the meds in the pic line. Paige is now on oral meds which she hates. Glad that's all behind us.
I am so glad to hear of Paige's recovery Gail. Tell your daughter I almost didn't become a nurse because I wanted to hurl at the sight of blood. I have gotten over it!!!
Imagination January 2005
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Go Syracuse!!

Old July 4th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
Merry - With your busy schedule - I don't think you will miss your school job. Love the little doll you made - you are so talented. Loved the vacation pictures too - saw some on facebook. So many cute pix with your grands too.

Joanne - I forgot to ask about your cousin. Is she still fighting the disease?

Linda - You've been so busy too. Don't know what pix you wanted from previous posts, but I can repost any I have from our cruise together.

Have a great day everyone.
Hi Gail,
I just wanted some of the ones that had been posted from our cruise. I am sorry I didn't save them at the time they were posted but I didn't think I couldn't go back and get to them. Thanks in advance for any pictures anyone posts.
Linda
Imagination January 2005
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Go Syracuse!!

Old July 4th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We are looking at a cruise on Celebrity Equinox for 11 days in the Western Caribbean. They go to Costa Rica, Columbia, Panama, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Honduras. We have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman but the other stops will be new. We love Celebrity and Princess so it was just a matter of finding one at the right time, This one leaves on January 2nd.
Imagination January 2005
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Go Syracuse!!

Old July 5th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hi Girls!

Hi Girls...oh dear...I missed wishing you all a Happy 4th! Slept in late after a late night before...lol! We had our grill-out Sunday night...yummy...Rick grilled steak and chicken, fresh corn that I froze last year, baked potatoes, organic salad, fresh fruit, homemade black raspberry pie with vanilla ice cream...yummy!

...so thankful that Paige is ok...that must have been scary for all of you!

...Rick loved the picture of your Sand Creature on the Beach...he would love to know how to do those...could you give any tips? He's tried different sand castles, but yours is a work of art! Thanks!

...I'm so sorry to hear about Sarah's baby...but I'm glad you're enjoying your Cruise...you sure do get around!

Elisa...you will really enjoy that Radiating Star Blanket....I had a little problem with mine...as I was knitting...my cable came loose and all my stitches when flying...oh dear...what a mess...2 of my knitting friends helped me get it back together...lol!

I crocheted a couple of cute little things...a geisha girl for my friend Dinah, who is half Japanese, and a little cafe con leche cup!

and

Rick and I went swimming at The Beach Waterpark this afternoon...so refreshing...it's been so hot and humid here!

While on vacation, we went into a toy store and found 2 GREAT games...just thought I'd pass the info along!
Our favorite is "Spot It", which there are 4 different games to play!
The next one is called Trigger and would be a great game to play with a group...I'll try and post a link on the next post!

Linda...glad you're back home and able to have a little rest!

I'm up way too late...have to work at Church the next 2 days!
Gotta Scoot,
Merry

Old July 5th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Happy Late 4th of July!

http://www.blueorangegames.com/spotit/
http://www.blueorangegames.com/spotit-tg.php

Slap yourself silly in this ridiculously fun party game.

Players answer "true" or "false" to statements as quickly as possible by slapping the target.
Right Hand = "TRUE", Left Hand = "FALSE".
Sound easy? Here are some sample statements : groundhogs have teeth, you are wearing a ring on your left hand, there are 6 Olympic rings, cows drink milk...
Do you have the fastest hand?
You won't believe how many laughs are packed into such a tiny tin!

Anyways, hope you enjoy the games...they are so fun!

Love to all,
Merry

Old July 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM
10,000+ Club

Hi Gail,

Glad your GD is on the mend.

My cousin is still holding on. When I called this week, she could not talk because she felt like vomiting. She is unable to eat and is only taking liquids. She sleeps off and on throughout the day. She said it feels like she has an inner tube around her - the cancer has filled her stomach area. Prayers for peace for her please.

Old July 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM
10,000+ Club

Merry - My SIL is the master sand design person. I will send you tips from him hopefully within the next day or two.

Old July 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Hi all,
We booked our next cruise yesterday leaving on January 2nd. Then Ed found out last night that New York State is laying him off as of July 22nd. I am glad we booked so now we are committed to go. This will be the third time that this has happened to him. I don't know what to say.... I am so sad
Imagination January 2005
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Go Syracuse!!

Old July 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
20,000+ Club

Good morning friends,
Still cruising.
To answer your question, Gail. I took the auto train, therefore I had my own vehicle. I needed this so I could transfer my scooter to the cruise. Therefore no GPS.

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about Ed's recent lay off, but glad you guys are going on a trip.

Joanne, it sounds like your dear cousin is nearing the end of this journey of her life. I will be praying for her peace and comfort, and the same for her family. I will also pray for a miricle because with God anything is possible.

Merry, God bless you, I am always tickled by your love of water and beaches.

Sarah is still very sad, the baby was burried this Wednesday, so now it is complete. But the empty feeling and the pain will last a lot longer. I made arrangements for Sarah to have some time off to heal, so I am giving her the salary that she would have earned were she working. She will probably return to work in a month, but she can take as long as she likes, it all depends on how she feels.

Joanne, I don't know if I said this already, but I will be in Springfield, Virginia on July 9th, 10th and 11th leaving on the 12th. Is that any were near you?????

Have a great day ladies,
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one" John Lennon (Imagine)
"We are here, we are here for all of us, that's why we're here" Alicia Keys

Old July 7th, 2011, 10:16 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasto5 View Post
Hi all,
We booked our next cruise yesterday leaving on January 2nd. Then Ed found out last night that New York State is laying him off as of July 22nd. I am glad we booked so now we are committed to go. This will be the third time that this has happened to him. I don't know what to say.... I am so sad
Well, that's good that you have the cruise to look forward to. Is this a permanent layoff or could they call Ed back? At least we don't have to worry about that anymore since we're retired. Tom also was laid off many years ago and it was scary - but it was much easier to get new jobs back then. We have four future cruise credits with Princess on the books - but haven't booked anything past the Disney cruise.

Old July 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmith View Post
Good morning friends,

Joanne, I don't know if I said this already, but I will be in Springfield, Virginia on July 9th, 10th and 11th leaving on the 12th. Is that any were near you?????

Have a great day ladies,
Rev
Rev - I responded earlier. I am 15 miles south of Springfield. Do you want to meet up for lunch?