Island Marketing Ltd.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:35 PM.
SE TX
1,587 Posts
Joined May 2008
Found Island Marketing Ltd. (aka Hawaii Cruise Excursions) website thru Google.

Would like to know if any CC members have used them for tours in Honolulu (Oahu) or Hilo (Hawaii).

Any feed back would be appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

183 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Seeing that no one has replied I'll chime in! I've done a lot of searching planning and booking for our last two Hawaii cruises and in the middle of planning for Hawaii.

I have never heard of the company your asking about but upon checking it out I'm really surprised as it's quiet a big company with excursions in just about all the Carib islands.
So checking on tripadvisor which is CC's sister company there are a lot of mixed reviews on excursions in the different islands but cant find any on Hawaii, here is the link if you want to have a look

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=..._2F__ForumHome
Gulf Coast USA
883 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
I have never used Island Marketing for Hawaii, but did use them when in Cozumel. They seemed very professional to me in the Carb region. I don't see any folks mentioning that company for Hawaii, though. This Dec will be my first time in HI.

You can do an advanced search on this company if you log in. The advance search is up at the top of the page and three links in on the right.

Sorry I cannot be much more help than that. I have learned much by using the advance search. Hope this helps.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CCL The Holiday 12/2007; RCI Sovereign 10/03/2008; RCI Serenade 10/2009; CCL Fantansy 12/2009
SE TX
1,587 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by bigtoeswim'n
I have never used Island Marketing for Hawaii, but did use them when in Cozumel. They seemed very professional to me in the Carb region. I don't see any folks mentioning that company for Hawaii, though. This Dec will be my first time in HI.

You can do an advanced search on this company if you log in. The advance search is up at the top of the page and three links in on the right.

Sorry I cannot be much more help than that. I have learned much by using the advance search. Hope this helps.
Thanks ....any help is HELPFUL!!!

I thought it was really weird that I can't find them mentioned anywhere. But they have really nice websites and excursions advertised.

I always feel better about a tour company if I can get feedback from someone who has used them.

Will do the advanced search....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

SE TX
1,587 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Love Overboard
Seeing that no one has replied I'll chime in! I've done a lot of searching planning and booking for our last two Hawaii cruises and in the middle of planning for Hawaii.

I have never heard of the company your asking about but upon checking it out I'm really surprised as it's quiet a big company with excursions in just about all the Carib islands.
So checking on tripadvisor which is CC's sister company there are a lot of mixed reviews on excursions in the different islands but cant find any on Hawaii, here is the link if you want to have a look

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=..._2F__ForumHome
Thanks ...getting ready to check tripadvisor.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

180 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
I've also used them in Cozumel and had no complaints. Good luck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Enchantment of the Seas November 18, 2016
Adventure of the Seas - April 9, 2016
Explorer of the Seas - May 26, 2011
Grandeur of the Seas - May 22, 2010
Majesty of the Seas - November 13, 2009
Navigator of the Seas - February 14, 2009
Grandeur of the Seas - February 20, 2006
Majesty of the Seas - July 7, 2003
SE TX
1,587 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by dyjack
I've also used them in Cozumel and had no complaints. Good luck!
Thanks...appreciate the response!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sunny AZ
23,443 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
I always check with the BBB when I am not sure of a company, also. In those cases I will try them if they have an A+ rating only. Like you, I prefer to go with companies with a good reputation on both CC & TA.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ginny

Brilliance of the Seas ~ September 1, 2018 ~ Trans-Atlantic Amsterdam to Tampa!
Brilliance of the Seas ~ September 17, 2018 ~ Caribbean Bound!

My Bucket List Cruises:
British Isles - Ireland Booked September 2018!
Italy & Greek Islands
Baltic
European River Cruise
Northeast/Canada Fall Colors
Alaska Cruisetour
Australia/Tahiti
Hawaii - again!

Happy Memories...
Big Red Boat 06/93 (Bahamas)~ Explorer of the Seas 06/05 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 04/06 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Monarch of the Seas 12/06 (Baja Mexico) ~ Monarch of the Seas 04/07 (Baja Mexico) ~ Golden Princess 01/08 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Explorer of the Seas 04/08 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Caribbean Princess 05/09 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Radiance of the Seas 09/09 (Cabo San Lucas) ~ Mariner of the Seas 05/10 (Mexican Riviera) ~ Carnival Spirit 07/10 (Alaska) ~ NCL Pride of America 05/11 (Hawaii)~ Allure of the Seas 04/13 (Eastern Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas B2B 05/14 (Southern Caribbean) ~ Oasis of the Seas 05/15 (Western Caribbean) ~ Jewel of the Seas 10/15 (Panama Canal) ~ Harmony of the Seas 10/16 (Transatlantic)

Oasis of the Seas 2015 Pictorial Review
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean B2B 2014 Pictorial Review

Allure of the Seas 2013 Pictorial Review!

Are you an Arizona Cruiser? Come join the fun! "Never Ending Circle of Friends"
Southern California, between Disneyland and Knott'
1,220 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Island Marketing, Ltd. is a consolidator. They don't do any of the tours they sell themselves. Local firms that actually do the tour contract with Island Marketing to sell tours. This is not saying there is anything wrong with their tours, just to let you know. In some cases you will be able to find the tours from the actual provider elsewhere on the internet. Others you won't. I have used them in the Carribean and been very happy with the tour.
Enjoy,
Ron
Arkansas
5 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
I hope they are ok. I reserved the Big Island Volcano and water falls Helicopter tour with them (hawaii cruise Excursions). Already paid the deposit, but now I am getting a bit nervous. The excursion is booked for next week. I will report back with a thumbs up, thumbs down or a big "Sucker" on my forehead :-)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Arkansas
5 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
This company is just a travel agent for excursions. I have a booked flight on Paradise Helicopter tours and actually got it for about $20 cheaper. The company seems to be pretty legit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tucson
28 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Just booked with Island Marketing for the Volocano Tour and a tour on Kauai. Anxious to know if you enjoy your tour. I just ready a bad review for them for a tour on Oahu after I placed my deposit.
phoenix
262 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by mauigirl2226
Just booked with Island Marketing for the Volocano Tour and a tour on Kauai. Anxious to know if you enjoy your tour. I just ready a bad review for them for a tour on Oahu after I placed my deposit.
FYI -- we have booked with them in the past -- BE AWARE that you lose 100% of your deposit if you cancel -- regardless of how far in advance!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Star Princess Alaska Sept 2, 2012
Crown Princess Caribbean Feb 9, 2013

Completed:
On Princess = 9 cruises
On Holland = 6 cruises
On Carnival = 2 cruises
Tucson
28 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
I was worried after reading the negative review. However, I went back to my confirmation and they listed the tour operators. I looked up the tour operators and got excited all over again!!! The reviews for the individual tour operators were good. Looks like it's what I intended to book. I'll give an update when I come back. No one has posted whether or not they liked the tours in hawaii provided by Island Marketing.
Florida
164 Posts
Joined May 2000
I received a very nice email from the Tour Manager of Island Marketing after my email to them re the terrible experience in Honolulu.

They have terminated their affiliation with this company, which is Royal Hawaiian and is essentially a transport company, not a tour company.

They also are refunding my money.

I think they will stand behind any tours they sell and aim to uphold the good reputation they have forged in the Caribbean.

I think the problem may have been this one company, confined to the Honolulu area.

I would not hesitate to book another location with them after reading the email they sent me.
Tucson
28 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Thanks for the update! I'm glad they responded in a positive manner! I can't wait to see Hawaii!!!

Other that your bad experience in Honolulu, did you enjoy your cruise and the ports of Hawaii?
Florida
164 Posts
Joined May 2000
We loved Hawaii. It is even more beautiful than the photos I have seen for so long!

The ship was something else. But--I realize it is a matter of taste. We, at least I found the enrichment programs--the Hawaiian lessons in hula, ukelele and crafts very, very enjoyable as well as the lectures on the Hawaiian language, history, geography and geology.

Favorite island--tossup between Maui and Hawaii "Big Island". The guides we had had a lot to do with it. We did a luau in Maui, (as well as a West Valley tour) which happened to be my birthday and made it very special.

As I had stated, I think most people better off on Oahu taking the bus, the trolley or, or car rental because Oahu is much less mountainous, at least in the coastal area than the other islands. Now we know!
Phoenix, Arizona
6,284 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by cruisin'tex
Found Island Marketing Ltd. (aka Hawaii Cruise Excursions) website thru Google.

Would like to know if any CC members have used them for tours in Honolulu (Oahu) or Hilo (Hawaii).

Any feed back would be appreciated.

There was a thread on here called Buyer Beware about this company and someone who had a bad experience with them. Looks like the thread has been removed......................

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...php?p=31201411
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Unofficial Team Captain,
2017 CRUISE CHEERLEADING SQUAD
and member
of the.......

189 days at sea so far:
Mexican Riviera, Carnival Jubilee, 1992

Southern Caribbean, Carnival Fascination, 1997

Mexican Riviera, Carnival Elation, 1999

Alaska & Denali, Dawn Princess, 2002

Ensenada & Catalina, Carnival Paradise, 2005

Western Caribbean, Carnival Conquest, 2007
Grand Mediterranean Inaugural, Carnival Dream, 2009
Grand Mediterranean 2nd sail, Carnival Magic, 2011
Hawaii, Sapphire Princess, 2012
Grand Mediterranean Inaugural , Carnival Breeze, 2012
Alaska, Diamond Princess, 2012
Transatlantic, Carnival Sunshine, 2013
Panama Canal, Carnival Legend, 2014
Eastern Caribbean, Carnival Breeze, 2014
Ensenada, Baja California, Carnival Imagination, 2015

Alaska, Carnival Legend, 2015
Ensenada, Baja California, Carnival Imagination, 2016
Last Mediterranean, Carnival Vista, 2016
Transatlantic, Carnival Vista, 2016

Ensenada, Carnival Imagination, 2017
Alaska Back 2 Back, 2017

Tucson
28 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
I couldn't find the "buyer beware" post again either. but felt better after Brandy responded and I had further researched the tour operators.

Are negative posts routinely removed?