Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Private Islands

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Private Islands Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.

Old June 7th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default NEW! Cabana Program on Coco Cay

We just returned from a wonderful weekend getaway for our anniversary on the Majesty. Imagine our surprise when we got to Coco Cay, the Island Oasis area was a buzz with officers, and a large sign was posted saying "Cabana Concierge". We wandered over there early as we had a 9AM appt for massages. We enquired about what was going on over here, and the Guest Services Mgr explained they were launching a new cabana program this weekend.
Offered first to suite guests by email from the GSM, then available to D+ and so on. One of the officers said he could have sold 100 cabanas if he had them. They are going to be building more of them on another side of the island.

The cabanas are in 2 sizes, made of bamboo, and have beautiful big loungers with thick cushions. You can get one for 2 or a family size. The Caba-nettes are those large blue clamshell like shades. They only had about 6 cabanas and 6 caba-nettes.
When we arrived, there were only 2 caba-nettes available so we grabbed one. It was just perfect. It's in a private area by the Oasis. Included were 2 bottles of water, a fresh fruit platter, towels, and a special lunch cooked right there. It included the basics from the regular buffet lunch, but the extra was the cooked to order steak, chicken or shrimp brochettes, bruschetta.
I included a pic of the new brochure for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cococay.jpg (27.2 KB, 1995 views)

Old June 7th, 2011, 06:51 AM
5,000+ Club

Thanks for the news.

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We'll be all over that!

Completed Cruises: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - December 1990: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - March 1993: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - August 1994: Sovereign of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - November 1996: Legend of the Seas – Panama Canal – April 1999: NCL Majesty - Bermuda - July 2000: Explorer of the Seas – Eastern Caribbean - March 2001: Navigator of the Seas – Western Caribbean - March 2007: Navigator of the Seas – Transatlantic – November 2008: Explorer of the Seas – Bermuda/Bahamas – April 2010: Navigator of the Seas B2B2B – Western Caribbean – November 2010: Explorer of the Seas – Bermuda/Caribbean - May 2011: Explorer of the Seas – Southern Caribbean - March 2012: NCL Dawn – Bermuda – May 2012: NCL Dawn – Bermuda – May 2013: NCL Dawn – Repositioning – April 2014:

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

My pic of the brochure is not great, it reads . . .

Bamboo Cabana

Included in the Bamboo Cabana package:

· Island CocoLimo at your service for transport to Coco Cay locations
· Enjoy your made to order lunch created by your private chef
· 1 bottle of chilled Korbel champagne
· 4 x 1L bottles of Spring Water
· 2 floating mats and 2 snorkelling sets
· Beach towels
· Personalized Service
· Photo opportunity with professional photographer (one 6x8 photo included in pkg)
· Priority for Island Spa Appointments with 15% discount
· Fruit plate

$100 per single cabana $150 Family Cabana

Caba-Nettes include:

· Island CocoLimo at your service for transport to Coco Cay locations
· Enjoy your made to order lunch created by your private chef
· 2 x 1L bottles of Spring Water
· 1 floating mat
· Beach towels
· Personalized Service
· Photo opportunity with professional photographer (one 6x8 photo included in pkg)
· Priority for Island Spa Appointments with 15% discount
· Fruit plate

$35 per Caba-nette

Old June 7th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 7th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Nice! My IL are in a jr suite and we are in a inside, on The monarch, I am guessing they will be long sold out before we even see on! But I will keep my eye on the tv just incase!
https://picasaweb.google.com/111475861739475174060. RCL Liberty of the Seas April 2011 Transatlantic, CCL Inspiration 3 and 4 night Baja 2012, Queen Mary Long Beach 2012. Daily Papers, Kids Clubs, Spa, Room Service, Promos, Sales, and Arrival/Departure info.

Commador 7 nights, 1984
Sunquest/Thompson Dream Cruise 7 nights, 1997
Windjammer Barefoot Poly 7 nights, 1998
DIS Wonder 4 night 2009
RCL Transatlantic Liberty of the Seas 2011 (14 n)http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1420775
CCL Mexican Baja 4 night 2012 - Inspiration http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1550583
CCL Mexican Baja 3 night 2012 - Inspiration http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1692101
RCL B2B Monarch and Brilliance 2013 -11 nights http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1772543
CCL Mexican Winter 7 Baja 2014 - Miracle
CCL Mexican Spring 7 Baja 2014 - Miracle
RCL - B2B 25 night Legend of the Seas. 10 night Caribbean followed by 15 night Panama Canal FLL to SAN.

96 nights at sea and counting..

Old June 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbur View Post
We just returned from a wonderful weekend getaway for our anniversary on the Majesty. Imagine our surprise when we got to Coco Cay, the Island Oasis area was a buzz with officers, and a large sign was posted saying "Cabana Concierge". We wandered over there early as we had a 9AM appt for massages. We enquired about what was going on over here, and the Guest Services Mgr explained they were launching a new cabana program this weekend.
Offered first to suite guests by email from the GSM, then available to D+ and so on. One of the officers said he could have sold 100 cabanas if he had them. They are going to be building more of them on another side of the island.

The cabanas are in 2 sizes, made of bamboo, and have beautiful big loungers with thick cushions. You can get one for 2 or a family size. The Caba-nettes are those large blue clamshell like shades. They only had about 6 cabanas and 6 caba-nettes.
When we arrived, there were only 2 caba-nettes available so we grabbed one. It was just perfect. It's in a private area by the Oasis. Included were 2 bottles of water, a fresh fruit platter, towels, and a special lunch cooked right there. It included the basics from the regular buffet lunch, but the extra was the cooked to order steak, chicken or shrimp brochettes, bruschetta.
I included a pic of the new brochure for it.
How/when do you rent them??

Old June 7th, 2011, 01:33 PM
5,000+ Club

I will be e-mailing the concierge on Freedom as soon as my final payment is made this week! I was wondering if RCI was going to expand its suite program to Coco Cay. We never rent a cabana at Labadee as we are fine with the natural shade, but do enjoy Barefoot beach. All the pics I have seen of Coco Cay do not show any trees near the water, so we will rent a cabana-ette.

Old June 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Glad to hear this as we like the cabanas on Labadee. Sounds like they will be renting all of them on CocoCay. Actually seems like your getting a little extra!! Fruit plate--YUM!

NCL Norway Eastern Caribbean Feb. 1995, Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct. 1999, NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct. 2000, NCL wind Alaska June 2002, Celebrity Mercury Mex. Riviera Oct.2005, NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar. 2007, NCL Sun Western Caribbean Oct.2007, NCL Star Mex. Riviera Jan. 2008, NCL Jewel Repo NY-Miami Oct.2008, RCI-FOS HSR WC.Nov.2009, RCI - FOS HSR WC.Oct. 31, 2010, Next RCI- FOS HSR WC.Oct. 30th, 2011, RCI FOS HSR WC. Oct.28th 2012, NCL Sun SC. Feb. 6th,2013, RCI FOS HSR EC Nov. 3rd, 2013

Old June 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
5,000+ Club

So where is the area exactly? It looks like it on the left as you enter Coco Cay. That area is not suitable for swimming or other water activities.

We were at Coco Cay on May 23 and we did see some cabanas and "clam shells" perched over a rocky area by the entrance.

I would love some location info.
Thanks,

M
Sailed fewer on Carnival

favorite cruise? - the most recent!

Old June 7th, 2011, 04:32 PM
20,000+ Club

No doubt that these will do very well. They are popular on Labadee.

Old June 7th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi3stooges View Post
How/when do you rent them??
Just repeating what we were told . . the program is so new they may tweak it with time but . . .They will be offered to suite guests first, and then D+ on down from what we were told. What's left will be available through Explorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisegirl1 View Post
So where is the area exactly? It looks like it on the left as you enter Coco Cay. That area is not suitable for swimming or other water activities.

We were at Coco Cay on May 23 and we did see some cabanas and "clam shells" perched over a rocky area by the entrance.

I would love some location info.
Thanks,

M
They are to the left where the Island Oasis spa is. The beach area is rocky where they are located but it is a short stroll past it to the sand beach area. We entered the water from there, no problems.

Right by the spa they have a bar set up and servers to bring you drinks, lunch etc.

Old June 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
5,000+ Club

We saw those over Memorial Weekend. Not interested. I cannot imagine sitting in one of those with no breeze, cannot see anything but straight out. I will take my wide open beach any day of the week. I love CocoCay and love laying on the beach watching the world go by. We always sit on the same part of the beach and love it.

Some people like all the privacy, we love to people watch, so could never see us doing that. Good for people that like it, but not for us.
Land Vac-March 1997-Sandals Ocho Rios, St Maarteen-Apr 2005, Antigua-Apr 2006, Punta Cana-Apr 2008, STT-Apr 2009, Punta Cana-June 2012, Playa del Carmen-Oct 2013, Punta Cana-Apr 2014, Punta Cana-May 2015

12 Additional Royal Cruises booked through Apr 2016, 1 Celebrity booked for Dec 2015, 1 Princess booked for Dec 2014 and many 3/4 night cruises to be taken in between

Diamond Plus Member

Old June 7th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by karena1 View Post
We saw those over Memorial Weekend. Not interested. I cannot imagine sitting in one of those with no breeze, cannot see anything but straight out. I will take my wide open beach any day of the week. I love CocoCay and love laying on the beach watching the world go by. We always sit on the same part of the beach and love it.

Some people like all the privacy, we love to people watch, so could never see us doing that. Good for people that like it, but not for us.
I know the picture doesn't do it justice, but it's very breezy, the cabanas are open at front and back, and they are only bamboo. It's not like a solid structure. Your view depends on which one you book. There are a couple that overlook the sandy beach area to the side of it. Most face right out to the ocean. It is private and quiet, not for everyone.

Old June 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbur View Post
Don't know when we will next be on a cruise that includes Coco Cay on our itinerary, but whenever that does happen, we will most likely be looking to book either a cabana or family cabana. If there is no breeze I would still prefer the shade that they provide because it isn't the privacy that we require but the shade that they provide as I must limit my exposure to the sun. The Korbel and fruit plate are extras that weren't provided on Labadee the last times we were there. Might be nice if these additions were added to the cabanas there as well.

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM
5,000+ Club

Is the beach area private? Thanks.
M
Sailed fewer on Carnival

favorite cruise? - the most recent!

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:57 PM
5,000+ Club

We go to Coco Cay in December when we sail on our Rock charter cruise. It will be interesting to see if they are offered on this cruise. We are sharing a RFS with friends. They sound like something DH would really like.

Past Cruises: Navigator of the Seas - 4/14, 12/09; Oasis of the Seas - 1/14: Liberty of the Seas - 12/13, 1/13, 12/11, 5/08; Carnival Triumph - 7/13: Allure of the Seas - 4/13, 4/12: Adventure of the Seas - 4/13, 2/11; Independence of the Seas - 12/12, 2/09; Majesty of the Seas - 6/12, 3/03; Serenade of the Seas - 9/11, 9/10, 2/10; Celebrity Summit -5/11; Voyager of the Seas - 10/10; Radiance of the Seas - 5/10, 5/09, 2/08; Jewel of the Seas - 9/09; Grandeur of the Seas - 6/09; Rhapsody of the Seas - 9/08, 5/07, 10/05, 2/04; Splendour of the Seas - 1/07, 1/06; Vision of the Seas, 6/06; Carnival Elation - 9/04; Celebrity Galaxy - 5/00; Monarch of the Seas - 5/98

Old June 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Oh MANNN! I loved the cabanas (for free) when I was on Coco Cay in April. Half of them were even empty! It was like no one knew about them. I'm sorry to see that I'll never get a chance to use one again, being a lowly gold member who stays in connecting balcony cabins instead of suites.

Old June 7th, 2011, 09:14 PM
5,000+ Club

Thanks for posting. My wife and I are going on Monarch July 1st, definitely going to try and get one of the Caba-nettes.

Pictorial Review Links:
Allure of the Seas,Bahamas Celebration,Brilliance of the Seas,Carnival Destiny,Carnival Ecstasy,Carnival Fascination,Carnival Imagination,Carnival Inspiration,Carnival Legend,Carnival Liberty,Carnival Sensation,Celebrity Century,Enchantment of the Seas,Freedom of the Seas,Independence of the Seas,Jewel of the Seas,Monarch of the Seas,Radiance of the Seas,MSC Poesia,Norwegian Star,Vision of the Seas

Coming Up:
Freedom of the Seas, 10/26/14 ~ Roll Call!
Legend of the Seas, 12/15/14 ~ Roll Call!
Jewel of the Seas, 5/29/15 ~ Alaska! Roll Call!
Oasis of the Seas, 10/31/15 ~ Roll Call!
Majesty of the Seas, 4/25/16 and 4/29/16 ~ The Final Cruise? ~ Roll Call!

Old June 7th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

As a stock holder, I'm glad they are expanding a successful program to Coco Cay.

I have never used them anyways, so If someone wants to fork over $100 for something that is free to everyone, more power to them!
Monarch of the Seas - Bahamas - December 2009
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - June 2010
Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Rivera - January 2011
Radiance of the Seas - Pacific Costal Repo - May 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - September 2011
Brilliance of the Seas - Southern - January 2013
Jewel of the Seas - Southern - May 2013
Liberty of the Seas - Western - January 2014

--Future Cruises
Vision of the Seas - Western - September 2014
Adventure of the Seas - Southern - April 2015

Instagram