Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Community Guidelines and Message Board Forum Help > Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Ask Your Message Board Questions Here

Old June 25th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
Glad you all seem happy!

Laura
Thank you Laura it's terrific.

Old June 25th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Glad you all seem happy!

Laura
I like it thnx.

Old June 25th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

So glad this is active now.
Carnival Splendor - 10/16/11 - Mexican Riviera - 2nd Times A Charm

Old June 25th, 2011, 09:12 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Glad you all seem happy!

Laura
Wow. This app works great on my iPad and iPhone. It takes a little noodling around to figure out the the best way to get around but I think I like this app for the forums better than doing the forums with my web browser on my computer.

Old June 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Awesome! Love it on my iPhone!

Grandeur of the Seas - June 2005
Liberty of the Seas - December 2008 -
PHOTO ALBUM
Explorer of the Seas - June 2010 - VIDEO SLIDESHOW CRUISE COMPASSES
Serenade of the Seas - December 2010 - PHOTO REVIEW VIDEO SLIDESHOW CRUISE COMPASSES
Celebrity Solstice - December 2011 - PHOTO REVIEW INFO PACKET CELEBRITY TODAYS PHOTO ALBUM
Radiance of the Seas - June 2013 -
PHOTO ALBUM ALASKA CRUISE BLOG - SUMMER SOLSTICE IN THE LAST FRONTIER CRUISE COMPASSES
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, Legendary Rhythm and Blues Cruise - January 2014 - PHOTO ALBUM

Old June 25th, 2011, 11:34 AM
10,000+ Club

The only thing I don't think we can do is post without our signatures. Is this true? Has anyone found a way to turn of signatures from tapatalk?

I did recently cut my signature way down so at least it might not annoy anyone with it's length. I decided I could remember all my past cruises with a print out of past cruises from the RCI website rather than see them here.

Posted from a real PC, not tapatalk. (obviously since my signature isn't showing)

Gina

Old June 26th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles4515 View Post
Wow. This app works great on my iPad and iPhone. It takes a little noodling around to figure out the the best way to get around but I think I like this app for the forums better than doing the forums with my web browser on my computer.
Can you explain the concept a little for me? How can it be any easier than just having a "favorite" button for this thread? (I have an Ipad.)

Thanks.

Kathy

Nordic Empress (1) – Majesty of the Seas (1) – Carnival Fantasy (5) – Carnival Sensation (1) –
The Norway (1) – Norwegian Seaward (1) – Carnival ?? (1) –
Dawn Princess (1) – Norwegian Star (1) – Norwegian Majesty (1) – Explorer of the Seas (3) – Norwegian Jewel (2) –
Serenade of the Seas (3) – Celebrity Xpedition (1) – Oasis of the Seas (1) – Allure of the Seas (1) – Freedom of the Seas (1) –
Carnival Pride (1)

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:46 AM
10,000+ Club

On your iPad using safari is easy. On an iPhone it is not easy unless a web site has a mobile enabled site.

The app eliminates all information from the cc web sit other than the forum. Tapatalk is strictly for forum communication on the fly. Everything is neatly laid out. All topics are listed in a row so no sliding the screen side to side is required. It's not likely you'll touch the wrong part if the screen and have to go back and try again.

Everything loads much more quickly since only forums are loading. There are various ways to navigate, too making it way to find what you are looking for. If you only want to pull up threads you have participated in, you can daily do that. If you only want to pull up subscribed threads, you can do that, too.

It's a clutter free quick way to respond.

I'm using it right now since I'm away from home. I can actually see the writing on the screen of my iPhone since everything isn't so tiny like it is on the website.

People can use many forums all from one app now without having to wait for individual websites to load or trying to navigate through multiple screens with hard to find navigational points.

Cruised on -
Royal Caribbean International: Navigator, Serenade, Majesty, Enchantment, Radiance, Monarch, Freedom, Mariner, Adventure, Jewel, Brilliance, Rhapsody, Oasis, Vision.
Carnival: Fascination, Fantasy, Spirit
Celebrity: Infinity

My Fantasy cruise photos

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:51 AM
10,000+ Club

Making it "easy" to find... Not way to find. That is a correction to my last post. There will still be more typos from an iPhone. An app won't change that. And sometimes that's the fault of the phone since it tends to think wit knows what we want to say and changes our spelling. Or just a wrong letter is tapped because the keyboard is so cramped.

Cruised on -
Royal Caribbean International: Navigator, Serenade, Majesty, Enchantment, Radiance, Monarch, Freedom, Mariner, Adventure, Jewel, Brilliance, Rhapsody, Oasis, Vision.

My Fantasy cruise photos

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:54 AM
10,000+ Club

Forget daily....it's "do only".

What the app needs is an edit post button. .

Oh cool. It has an edit feature. I just found it. Tap your post and options will come up. I just added this last line. You just need to play with it and you'll find all sorts of fast and easy ways to do things.

Very cool!!!!

Cruised on -

My Fantasy cruise photos

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Downloaded it and seems to work fine, thanks!
7/2011 RCI Serenade S Caribbean
5/2010 RCI Enchantment E Caribbean
1/2009 RCI Grandeur Bermuda
1/2009 RCI Independence E Caribbean
1/2007 RCI Explorer W Caribbean

Old June 26th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Can't wait to try this forum on tapatalk. I've been using it for other foruns I'm joined in
Costa Deliziosa - Costa - Sept 2012

Old June 26th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Alas, CC doesn't work on my tapatalk. It appears with the message 'failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists'. I hope that this is only temporary, I've only recently discovered CC and would love to be able to use it in conjunction with the app.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow...

Old June 26th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjjtobe* View Post
'failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists'.
I've seen that message and it worked fine a few hours later.

Song of Norway-Nov 1991 * Majesty Of The Seas-Sept 1994 * Diamond Princess-April 2004 *
Mariner Of The Seas-April 2006 *
Carnival Valor-March 2007 * Explorer Of The Seas-April 2008
Explorer Of The Seas-July 2009 * Oasis of the Seas-July 2010 * Carnival Glory -July 2011 *
Enchantment Of The Seas-Oct 2011 * Enchantment Of The Seas-Oct 2011 * Allure of the Seas-April 2012 *
Brilliance of the Seas-Nov 2012 * Celebrity Equinox-July 2013 * Celebrity Summit-July 2014 *
Quantum of the Seas-Nov 2014 *
Quantum of the Seas-Dec 2014 * Liberty of the Seas-July 2015

Old June 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjjtobe* View Post
Alas, CC doesn't work on my tapatalk. It appears with the message 'failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists'. I hope that this is only temporary, I've only recently discovered CC and would love to be able to use it in conjunction with the app.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow...
I just got that message while attempting to connect to another cruise forum. It must be a temporary issue. Try later.

Cruised on -

My Fantasy cruise photos

Old June 26th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabean View Post
I just got that message while attempting to connect to another cruise forum. It must be a temporary issue. Try later.
I'm sitting on my porch using it now. Love it.

Old June 26th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Just downloaded it through the Amazon app store. It's $2.99 well spent! LOVE it. Thanks for doing this, mods!

Katherine

Star Princess SFO to Alaska June 2014

Old June 27th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabean View Post
On your iPad using safari is easy. On an iPhone it is not easy unless a web site has a mobile enabled site.

The app eliminates all information from the cc web sit other than the forum. Tapatalk is strictly for forum communication on the fly. Everything is neatly laid out. All topics are listed in a row so no sliding the screen side to side is required. It's not likely you'll touch the wrong part if the screen and have to go back and try again.

Everything loads much more quickly since only forums are loading. There are various ways to navigate, too making it way to find what you are looking for. If you only want to pull up threads you have participated in, you can daily do that. If you only want to pull up subscribed threads, you can do that, too.

It's a clutter free quick way to respond.

I'm using it right now since I'm away from home. I can actually see the writing on the screen of my iPhone since everything isn't so tiny like it is on the website.

People can use many forums all from one app now without having to wait for individual websites to load or trying to navigate through multiple screens with hard to find navigational points.
Thanks for that information. Doesn't seem necessary at all for my Ipad. That's the only "toy" I have (and I LOVE it).

Kathy

Nordic Empress (1) – Majesty of the Seas (1) – Carnival Fantasy (5) – Carnival Sensation (1) –
The Norway (1) – Norwegian Seaward (1) – Carnival ?? (1) –
Dawn Princess (1) – Norwegian Star (1) – Norwegian Majesty (1) – Explorer of the Seas (3) – Norwegian Jewel (2) –
Serenade of the Seas (3) – Celebrity Xpedition (1) – Oasis of the Seas (1) – Allure of the Seas (1) – Freedom of the Seas (1) –
Carnival Pride (1)

Old June 27th, 2011, 08:45 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesweet View Post
Thanks for that information. Doesn't seem necessary at all for my Ipad. That's the only "toy" I have (and I LOVE it).

Kathy
That's what I think, too. Free apps on ipads are fun especially when there is no web equivalent. Even the free facebook app doesn't seem as good as the real thing on an ipad.

The advantage to having tapatalk on the ipad would be for forum only access with no ads. You can go directly to the threads you post in when you want to do a quick catchup. But you might miss some things you'll see at the real webpage when you have more time to browse.

Gina

Old June 27th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Anyone know if I can make a list of subscribed threads on CC on Tapatalk? Or do I need to go through the clicking to find the RCCL forum for example each time? I'd like to set up either favorite forums (RCCL, princess, West Coast desinations, etc) and my subscribed threads that I reply to.

Thanks for any help! Katherine

Star Princess SFO to Alaska June 2014