Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Holland America Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Holland America Line
Read thousands of Holland America Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Holland America Cruise Deals

How to Organize a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Meet & Greet) on Board Your Holland America Cruise

NEW! Find Your HOLLAND AMERICA Roll Call

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Jade13 Jade13 is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,364
Default Wine/Alcohol List/Pricing

Does anyone have the latest alcohol/wine list including the pricing? We will be on Maasdam.

As far as Pino Grigio do they only have Ruffino, which is what is available on-line pre-cruise and what year?

Also, is the corkage fee still $18.00 if you bring your own wine on board and into the dining room? Are they still able to save the wine for you to use over various nights, even if it is one you brought onboard?

Also do only Deluxe ("S") Suites (not BC etc) receive a bottle of wine, and what brand has it been.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Krazy Kruizers's Avatar
Krazy Kruizers Krazy Kruizers is offline
50,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 82,604
Default

The Corkage few is still $18 per bottle to be opened in the dining room and all lounges/bars.

Yes -- they will still tag and store a bottle for you for the next evening in the dining room.

Only the Deluxe Suites get a free bottle of champagne compliments of the Hotel Manager and the Captain. All we have been getting is Pol Clemente Brut.

I only have a current Alcohol list.

__________________
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Far, far too many cruises to list.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Krazy Kruizers's Avatar
Krazy Kruizers Krazy Kruizers is offline
50,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 82,604
Default

You can buy alocohol for room consumption.

Price list that you can either order from Ship Services (1-800-541-1576) or from room service when you get on the ship or from HAL online under indulgences.

Note: 15% gratuity included:


Alcohol and Spirits -- the Alcohol bottles are 1 liter size.


VODKA: CHOPIN $70.15

VODKA: STOLICHNAYA $29.90
VODKA: ABSOLUT - CITRON $32.20
VODKA: SMIRNOFF $27.60
VODKA: SKYY $28.75
VODKA: ABSOLUT $32.20
VODKA: GREY GOOSE $69.00
VODKA: FINLANDIA $29.90
VODKA: BELVEDERE $70.15
VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING $35.65


Kahlua $36.80
Vodka & Tonic Package $34.50
One bottle of Smirnoff or Stolichnaya, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

Bourbon & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Jim Beam, 3 Cans of Coke

Rum & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Bacardi, 3 cans of Coke

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM no price found


SHERRY: TIO PEPE $57.50

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD $34.50

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS $93.15

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP $97.75

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO $225.40

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON $42.55

Cutty Sark $32.20

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB $32.20

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O. $29.90

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL $42.55

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7 $29.90

Scotch & Soda Package $36.80
One bottle of Cutty Sark, 3 Cans of Soda Water

Gin & Tonic Package $36.80

One bottle Beefeaters Gin, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

6-pack Bud Light domestic beer no price found


6-pack Miller Lite domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Amstel Light imported beer $23.00

6-pack Corona imported beer $23.00

6-pack Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Heineken imported beers $23.00

Sherry Harvey's Med - $57.50
6pack (Domestic) Budweiser, Bud Light - $21.85
3 X soft drinks (any soda) - $4.89
All minibar Liquor Items, each - $5.69

Missed Whiskey/Scotch:
Jim Beam - $34.50
J&B Rare, Johnnie Walker Red - $36.80
Ballentine's - $40.25
Dewars - $48.30
Jack Daniels - $55.20
Chivas Regal (12yrs) - $66.70
Johnnie Walker Black - $77.05
GIN:
Beefeater - $32.20
Tanqueray - $41.40
Bombay Sapphire - $42.55
LIQUEURS:
Kahlua, Southern Comfort - $36.80
Bailey's Irish Cream - $46.00
Sambuca (Opal Nera Black) - $47.15
Tia Maria - $49.45
Amaretto - $51.75
Cointreau - $55.20
Drambuie - $58.65
Grand Marnier - $74.75
RUM:
Myers - $32.20
Bacardi Gold - $34.50
Bacardi White - $35.65
__________________
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Far, far too many cruises to list.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Jade13 Jade13 is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Kruizers View Post
The Corkage few is still $18 per bottle to be opened in the dining room and all lounges/bars.

Yes -- they will still tag and store a bottle for you for the next evening in the dining room.

Thank you for all the info!

They do not charge you a second corkage fee if they bring the wine back the next night, or do they?

Does anyone know what the Bon Voyage White wine is for $21.85? Noting that the corkage fee would be $18.00 for a wine that I brought myself, if drinkable, this white wine could be brought to the dining room and is only approx $5.50 per glass (assumming 4 glasses per bottle).

How much is the house wine per glass?

Last edited by Jade13; July 6th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Howub's Avatar
Howub Howub is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 84
Default My Wine

If I bring my own wine to the dining room, I know they will charge me $18.00 corkage fee. But will they hold the bottle & bring it back to me another night even if I didn't buy it from them?
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:16 AM
taxmantoo's Avatar
taxmantoo taxmantoo is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Welland, Canada
Posts: 2,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howub View Post
If I bring my own wine to the dining room, I know they will charge me $18.00 corkage fee. But will they hold the bottle & bring it back to me another night even if I didn't buy it from them?
Yes Or you can bring it with you and finish it off in a lounge or in your room. Once you've paid the corkage fee, it is the same as if you had bought the bottle from them.
__________________
Louis

September 2014 - Princess Sapphire - 17-day Grand Asia


Last edited by taxmantoo; July 7th, 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old July 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM
joseph41 joseph41 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 38
Default

On a recent cruise to Alaska, we stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Seattle. There was a QFC grocery store one block away where I bought a couple of bottles of wine and carried them on the ship for drinking in our cabin. Some of the items in the cabin refrigerator had to be removed to make room for the bottles.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
'51 Pinot '51 Pinot is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 7
Default

We always travel with our wine and just returned from a week on the Zaandam last week Anchorage to Vancouver. Surprised to find that we did not have a refrigerator in our cabin. However, our steward left us plenty of ice each day so that we could chill a bottle if we were having white that evening.
How do people have some left over to save? A novel idea that doesn't seem to work for us. Ha!
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM
arewethereyet arewethereyet is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,026
Default

The concept of having wine left over eludes me...

My favorite quote from The Count of Monte Cristo:

"It is no use," said the old man, "there is no wine."
"What, no wine?" said Dantes, turning pale
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Krazy Kruizers's Avatar
Krazy Kruizers Krazy Kruizers is offline
50,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 82,604
Default

We are not big wine drinks as some others are.

Thus if we do get a bottle of wine at dinner -- we only consume 1/2 bottle the first night and finish the the rest the following evening.
__________________
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Far, far too many cruises to list.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Loucat's Avatar
Loucat Loucat is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,019
Default

Does anyone know what wines are available and their prices?
__________________
Loucat

Caribbean Princess 2/12
HAL Eurodam 1/12
Liberty OTS 5/11
NCL Sky 7/10; 5/13 Dawn 12/12; 12/13
Independence OTS 1/09
Celebrity Solstice 12/09
Radiance OTS 12/06; 2/07; 10/10
Jewel OTS 11/07; 4/09; 10/12
Empress OTS 3/05; 10/06;
Grandeur OTS 6/07
Enchantment OTS 11/05; 6/06; 11/09
Navigator OTS 6/05; 3/07
Explorer OTS Western 6/04; 1/05
Majesty OTS 11/04; 9/07; 12/08; 6/11
Azamara Quest 2/08
Adventure OTS 5/08
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:31 PM
LostwithoutPockets's Avatar
LostwithoutPockets LostwithoutPockets is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sparta, NJ, USA
Posts: 63
Default Another reason DBA is awesome!

I think this is what you are looking for
The list is from last year, but it should be pretty close to actual prices now!

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/20...n-veendam.html

If you click on the pictures, they will get bigger and legible! The wines are listed in the last three pictures.
__________________
Christine

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:53 PM
andrek andrek is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 239
Default

Christine, thanks so much for posting the wine prices. I am amazed at the prices vs the quality. The only good buy IMO was the Silver Oak Cab and that was $98. Also, I did not see many of my favorite wines so that may mean they are more pricey and not on the MDR list. I think I will take advantage of the BYOW and pay the corkage fee, if we drink it in the MDR. Other cruisers have recommended Total Wine in Ft Lauderdale near the port. That is so convenient for our cruise. On the other hand the Vodka prices seem tolerable and since we can't bring it on, we may buy some on the ship.
Andrea
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Jade13 Jade13 is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewethereyet View Post
The concept of having wine left over eludes me...

My favorite quote from The Count of Monte Cristo:

"It is no use," said the old man, "there is no wine."
"What, no wine?" said Dantes, turning pale
My DH does not drink, and I would not have 4 glasses at one meal.

Last edited by Jade13; July 13th, 2011 at 01:17 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Jade13 Jade13 is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '51 Pinot View Post
We always travel with our wine and just returned from a week on the Zaandam last week Anchorage to Vancouver. Surprised to find that we did not have a refrigerator in our cabin. However, our steward left us plenty of ice each day so that we could chill a bottle if we were having white that evening.
How do people have some left over to save? A novel idea that doesn't seem to work for us. Ha!
The Inside and OV on the older/smaller ships do not have a refrigerator but you can rent one for $2.00 per day, which is what we do when we stay in an OV.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old July 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
sail7seas sail7seas is offline
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 64,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade13 View Post
Thank you for all the info!

They do not charge you a second corkage fee if they bring the wine back the next night, or do they?

Does anyone know what the Bon Voyage White wine is for $21.85? Noting that the corkage fee would be $18.00 for a wine that I brought myself, if drinkable, this white wine could be brought to the dining room and is only approx $5.50 per glass (assumming 4 glasses per bottle).

How much is the house wine per glass?

Don't rely absolutely on posted wine lists. They often change and it isn't unusual for them to be out of a particular wine for an entire cruise. We have a few favorite wines and several were unavailable. One red we like, we ordered the first night and lucky we did as we got the last bottle.

I was drinking wine by the glass at the lounges but brand name and it was $9 per glass. I think the 'house' is probably about $7.
__________________
<img src=http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/5starMariner.gif border=0 alt= />

sail7seas7 At yahoo .com
Please put CruiseCritic in Subject Line
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:12 AM
ironin's Avatar
ironin ironin is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Way Out West
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade13 View Post
Does anyone have the latest alcohol/wine list including the pricing? We will be on Maasdam.

As far as Pino Grigio do they only have Ruffino, which is what is available on-line pre-cruise and what year?

Also, is the corkage fee still $18.00 if you bring your own wine on board and into the dining room? Are they still able to save the wine for you to use over various nights, even if it is one you brought onboard?

Also do only Deluxe ("S") Suites (not BC etc) receive a bottle of wine, and what brand has it been.

Thanks.
Here's a copy of the MDR wine list from the Zuiderdam in April/May. Wines by the glass begin at $5.50. All of the ships have basically the same wine list at any given time but not everything is always in stock. (Depends on when provisioning occurs, of course.)

Here's a copy of the Bar Menu from the same cruise. Wines-by-the-glass are listed on page 5. They begin @ $5.50 and go up to $8 (add 15% to that).

In addition to the champagne, suites usually receive a complimentary bottle of wine. It is HAL Executive Chef Rudi Sodamin's "private label." Have no idea who actually makes it. It is drinkable. Imagine the bon voyage wines are the probably the same thing.

Hope those help.
__________________
"Life is not how it is supposed to be. It is what it is.

How you deal with that challenge defines your character in the eyes of others."
-A ship's passenger


Email: rogersrw(at)gmail(dot)com


Last edited by ironin; July 13th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:33 AM
RuthC's Avatar
RuthC RuthC is offline
30,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Warwick, R.I. , USA
Posts: 30,981
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade13 View Post
The Inside and OV on the older/smaller ships do not have a refrigerator ....
Except for the Prinsendam, which is the epitome of "older/smaller ships". All cabins on the Prinsendam have a fridge.
__________________
Try www.halfacts.com for info on HAL

If the answer isn't "chocolate", you're asking the wrong question.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:41 AM
LostwithoutPockets's Avatar
LostwithoutPockets LostwithoutPockets is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sparta, NJ, USA
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironin View Post
Here's a copy of the MDR wine list from the Zuiderdam in April/May. Wines by the glass begin at $5.50. All of the ships have basically the same wine list at any given time but not everything is always in stock. (Depends on when provisioning occurs, of course.)

Here's a copy of the Bar Menu from the same cruise. Wines-by-the-glass are listed on page 5. They begin @ $5.50 and go up to $8 (add 15% to that).

In addition to the champagne, suites usually receive a complimentary bottle of wine. It is HAL Executive Chef Rudi Sodamin's "private label." Have no idea who actually makes it. It is drinkable. Imagine the bon voyage wines are the probably the same thing.

Hope those help.
Thanks, ironin! I see the prices have gone up a bit since DBA posted them.
__________________
Christine

Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old July 13th, 2011, 12:38 PM
sail7seas sail7seas is offline
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 64,783
Default

Wine list is 'suggestion'. It is never quite current and never fully available.

We've gotten to the point we ask for the wines we know we like and either they have them or not. If not, we order something else or sometimes take the suggestion of the wine steward. That greatly depends upon how knowledgeable he seems to be. We try to get a feel for whether we will like his recommendation. A little chat usually gives us a clue. Some of them are very, very good and there is always the Sommelier with whom you can consult.



__________________
<img src=http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/5starMariner.gif border=0 alt= />

sail7seas7 At yahoo .com
Please put CruiseCritic in Subject Line

Last edited by sail7seas; July 13th, 2011 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.