Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > BUCKEYE CRUZERS!!!! Where are ya, Ohio!?!?!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM
10,000+ Club

A half Billion what the hell would I do with that much money, seriously every friend I have ever had could retire, It would nt take tenth of that for my entire family to live on . But I figure I have a snowballs chance in winning.

CountdownClockCodes.com

CountdownClockCodes.com

Crazy Caribbean Cruiser AOS 2013

Last edited by frito58; March 29th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Old March 29th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Weather last couple of days have been beautiful here in Virginia Beach, Mon and Tues were cold. At least I will come home with a tan.

I told Randy to get my lottery ticket at home and buy me a ticket for Tuesday, I talked to him last night and told him to get me one for Friday, he already figured I wanted one so he bought it for me. Guess if I win I have to split with him.

Old March 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

This half a BILLION lottery drawing tomorrow night is a hoot.

The odds are so remote to having your numbers drawn. But it's still fun to play and dream. And I have my ONE ticket. "You can't win if you don't play."

I saw on the news that people somewhere were lined up around the block to buy tickets. I'd pass on that. Around here, every gas station or convenience store sells them. No waiting.

Sics; Sorry to hear about Bob's aunt's death.

You mentioned a "family feud" from 30 years ago. Those things are really screwy. Nobody ever remembers much of what exactly started it. But they'll be damned if they'll end it. It would be a loss of face. Such nonsense.

Off to Meals on Wheels in the morning. Because of lent, another meatless Friday meal. What's the deal here? Gotta keep the Catholics happy? What about the ham dinner I delivered on Wednesday. Ya think the Jews appreciated that one?

Dave
I'm an equal opportunity annoyer.

Last edited by Fatherdav; March 29th, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

Old March 29th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

glad you are having a good time Deb, the weather here is still very nice.
Sorry to hear about Bob's aunt Sics.
If I won that lottery I know there is one thing I wouldn't ever do, mow the lawn again.
Hope you get over your cold soon Dave.
Quote:
With all of the talk about dancing, I was wondering what the median age is of Mike's dancing friends
A few in the 70s, most in the 80s and a few in the 90s, there may be a couple in their 60's.. The music is mostly 40's and some 30's/early 50's. One of the nursing homes have a dj and he will also play music from the 60's and 70's. It is mostly ball room type dancing. I'm suprised that the senior citizen programs in your area don't have dances. Have you checked the senior citizen's programs and or nursing homes in your area??? There are at least 4 within an hours drive from us. We are going again tomorrow.
TGIF

Old March 30th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Mike: You don't have to mow the lawn now. PAY someone to do it. You don't smoke, drink or spend money on other crazy things. I bet it would be less than $18 bucks a cut to do your lawn. Even ART doesn't cut his own lawn anymore..."Thanks to me" finding someone to do it when he had his first DISK surgery. After that he wanted to go back to cutting and I said he was out of his mind for the cheap price I pay each week to get it cut. HE AGREED and hasn't looked back since!! The guy edges every other week too. Takes away the clippings too.

DAVE: I have to agree with you on what you said: If you don't buy a ticket you don't have a CHANCE to win. I'm buying 5 easy picks and 5 that I picked the numbers.

Nite.

Old March 30th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mje View Post
glad you are having a good time Deb, the weather here is still very nice.
Sorry to hear about Bob's aunt Sics.
If I won that lottery I know there is one thing I wouldn't ever do, mow the lawn again.
Hope you get over your cold soon Dave.

A few in the 70s, most in the 80s and a few in the 90s, there may be a couple in their 60's.. The music is mostly 40's and some 30's/early 50's. One of the nursing homes have a dj and he will also play music from the 60's and 70's. It is mostly ball room type dancing. I'm suprised that the senior citizen programs in your area don't have dances. Have you checked the senior citizen's programs and or nursing homes in your area??? There are at least 4 within an hours drive from us. We are going again tomorrow.
TGIF
Mike: I'm not sure if I want to start going to those dances now, but I will check it out. There is a senior center in almost every suburb here in Cleveland.

I was hoping to move this spring, but that will have to be put on hold for another year. With the family going through two siblings' medical issues this year, I hate to ask my little brother (54) to help me move again. If I won the lottery, I could pay someone to move me and pack my stuff also.

NCL SS Norway - Oct 1983; NCL MS Starward - Sept 1984; BSL Bermuda Star - Oct 1985; NCL MS Seaward - Oct 1989; RCI Monarch of the Seas - Oct 1997; CCL Inspiration - Easter 2003

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Mike: You don't have to mow the lawn now. PAY someone to do it. You don't smoke, drink or spend money on other crazy things. I bet it would be less than $18 bucks a cut to do your lawn.
K2, try $30.00. Kids were cutting the lawns for $20.00 over ten years ago. That is the standard rate here. It takes me 40 minutes to cut the grass, thats $45.00 an hour, over $90,000 a year salary. It would cost me over $900.00 to get it cut for one year, two years time would just about equal a cruise. Besides, I walk 3 miles a day, when I cut the grass I figure thats two miles.
Linda, I bet someone has dances there. It's great exercise and a nice social gathering.

Old March 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

In case any one is interested,two of the decorah eaglets have hatched.

Old March 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Are you giving us the "bird", Mike?

Old March 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Mike: They had then on CNN last nights news. One egg still needs to hatch. Love watching the Eagle site on www.Ustream.com

Sun is trying to come out after our Thunder storm we just had for all of 5 mins. I might have over done it when I was doing a WINNING LOTTO TICKET DANCE earlier!! Ha Ha

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM
10,000+ Club

Well good luck I hope one of you win at least your money back

CountdownClockCodes.com

CountdownClockCodes.com

Crazy Caribbean Cruiser AOS 2013

Old March 31st, 2012, 12:38 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Just had to let you all know I didn't WIN the MEGA LOTTO!!

Had 2 numbers that matched on 10 tickets!! I helped make "Somebody" a winner by donating my 10 bucks!!

Nite all.....have a fun weekend.

Still a tad too cold here tonight at 34 degrees!!

Old March 31st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

I noticed no one on our thread won the lottery, guess that means I'll have to cancel my world cruise.

Old March 31st, 2012, 11:27 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

No world cruise? I guess I'll have to start unpacking.

I won $6 with my one ticket. That's not enough?

And you know that all across the country someone is yelling at their spouse..."YOU SPENT $200 ON LOTTERY TICKETS YESTERDAY??????

Dave

Old March 31st, 2012, 11:47 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Until further notice "ALL DREAMS of World Cruises and living in Hawaii are cancelled"!

Oh well, I'm pretty happy living the way I have been all these years. BUT.....I could learn to change that!! Ha ha

Have a good weekend. It's freezing here in MICH!!

Old March 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

My hopes of striking it rich dashed again! Darn! I had to cancel all those deposits I'd put down on suites on ResidenSea for all of us...
Explorer of the Seas - 2003; Voyager of the Seas - 2004; Adventure of the Seas - 2006; Majesty of the Seas - 2006; Enchantment of the Seas - 2007; Explorer of the Seas 2008; Majesty of the Seas - 2008; Grandeur of the Seas - 2008; Grandeur of the Seas - 2009; Freedom of the Seas - 2010; Majesty of the Seas B2B - 2010; Celebrity Century 2011; Jewel of the Seas 2011; Serenade of the Seas - 2012; Jewel of the Seas - 2012; Brilliance of the Seas - 2013; Celebrity Century B2B2B - 2014; Explorer of the Seas - 2014

Last edited by sicsinohio; March 31st, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Old March 31st, 2012, 10:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

I made it through the day today. First the memorial service (full room), then the cemetery and after that a lunch at the American Legion Hall. It was a long week, but we had a good visit with Sue's children and grandchildren. My sister's oldest son, now retired from the Navy, lives in Mansfield. His daughter came up from Virginia Beach to be with her dad. She is also almost 8 months pregnant and was very close to my sister. I am just sad that Sue wasn't able to hold the new baby. I know that she will be watching over us, but she was so excited to become a great grandmother. She loved being a grandma (kids called her Granny). It took me a while to get used to that because it always reminded me of the Beverly Hillbillies (Granny Clampett). Her ex-husband's grandmother was called Granny Powell and I guess that is where they got it from. Granny Powell loved my sister and bought her a Jenny Lind cradle when her daughter, Jenny, was born.
I want to thank all of you who have helped me along the way to this sad day. Sue is now with our parents and I am sure Granny Powell also welcomed the younger "Granny Powell" to heaven.

NCL SS Norway - Oct 1983; NCL MS Starward - Sept 1984; BSL Bermuda Star - Oct 1985; NCL MS Seaward - Oct 1989; RCI Monarch of the Seas - Oct 1997; CCL Inspiration - Easter 2003

Old March 31st, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Linda so nice of you to let us know how today went.

I guess we did not win the lottery I don't even know if I had a winner of a few bucks. If I did I will never see it Randy will cash in the few bucks. Oh well.

KK I did not have your address on the other computer not sure why you should be there. But looks like this group made sure you got the message

Thanks All.

Now it is back to reality home in time to watch Ohio State game

Old April 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

well at least OSU made it to the final four. It was a good game none the less.
7/19/03 CARNIVAL GLORY EXOTIC W. CAR.
11/18/04 CARNIVAL FANTASY
9/4/05 RCCL ENCHANTMENT CANADA/NEW ENGLAND
8/26/06 RCCL SS
2/12/07 CARNIVAL ELATION,
8/26/2007 CARNIVAL LIBERTY
5/5/2008 rccl ss
6/19/ 2008 rccl enchantment key west/cozumel
8/25/2008 rccl ss,
11/30/2008 Carnival Freedom
key west,grand cayman, ocho rios
5/11/09 RCCL Monarch, Bahamas
9/25/2009 RCCL Monarch, Bahamas
12/13/2009 holland zuiderdam panama canal
2/20/2010 RCCL Grandeur
8/28/2010 RCCL Grandeur
12/12/10 Ruby Princess
05/23/2011 Carnival Fasination Key west/Bahamas
9/19/11 RCCL Monarch, Bahamas
12/12/11 Carnival Miracle to Aruba
4/28/12 Carnival Ecstacy
9/16/ 12 Carnival Freedom
11/24/12 Holland Eurodam
12/8/ 12 RCCL Jewel of the Sea
7/19/13 Birthday cruise on Enchantment!
11/10 13 HAL EURODAM B2B
March 3rd. 2014 First time cruising Celebrity Constellation
5/5/2014 RCCL Enchantment Jay's birthday cruise
9/1/2014. Bermuda 10 day cruise on VOS
12/11/14 Liberty of the Seas

Old April 1st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Good morning and welcome to April, everybody.

If "April showers bring May flowers", we may be running on the wrong calendar. They're already here.

Did my first complete lawn mow yesterday. My next door neighbor waited till 7:45 PM to start his mowing.

Here's one for your sweet tooth, Mike. I can't remember the last time I ate some Hostess Twinkies. But when we were grocery shopping yesterday we passed the display for Twinkies. Kathi said, "If only they made them in lemon". But to her surprise, there they were. Lemon Cream Twinkies. So she snatched up a box of 10.

I don't know how long it will take her to eat them, but I think they have a shelf-life of about 35 years.

Dave