Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > BUCKEYE CRUZERS!!!! Where are ya, Ohio!?!?!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Belated Birthday wishes Bob.

Mike: WOW...do you think you all had enough desserts over there? I know your answer already: NEVER ENOUGH!! Ha Ha.

Art and I have dentist cleaning appt tomorrow. You know you're retired when you make your dental appts on the same day to save on gas!! It about a 40 min drive from our house.

Have a good week everyone.

Old July 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Mike I sent you some pictures of the gourd plant.
Can't seem to post them on here. Must be too big of a file.

Old July 24th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Deb: Need a little slower explaination on this group house that Carol is moving into.

Did the people who are running this house just buy the house? Or have they had it up and running for a long time

The agency is renting the home from a private owner. Many of the group homes are owned by the County Board of DD. Carol past home was owned by the group home agency who provided services. The loophole was they had a foundation and had the home in that name so they could keep all the money

Is the Pig Pen next door vacant? Or does somebody live in it?
Someone lives in the home. The lady told me she is redoing the landscaping. I wonder what her version of redoing it is. They had it torn out professionaly but I have a sneaky suspision that it will not be relandscaped professionally..... UGH

Does somebody make the meals for the 3 ladies that will be living there? How long have the other ladies lived in this house

The home is just being established the Provider of Services is brand new. Carol is the only resident who has lived in another home. The other 2 ladies are coming from homes where they lived with their parents. Same as Carol did when she moved out 26 years ago. The staff will prepare the meals. The ladies will be able to tell them what they would like and rotate meals so each lady has a say in dinner. That was how Carol old home was run before it started down hill 15 years or so ago.

Okay, that's enough question for this time around!!

I am ready for round 2 of questions. Carol moves in tomo and not sure which one is the happiest. I love my sister but we have a tolerance of each other and she likes her freedom to do as she pleases.

We took majority of the boxes of crap she had here. I pitched a box of clothes and have a box to go back to the old home. I condensed down and got rid of 5 boxes they sent home. Her clothes are minimum and I found some clothes that she had not worn in years and some nice clothes that were at my house and she wore home and I never got them back. Once she gets settled I will send her up some more new clothes and replace my stash here.

Old July 24th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sics when Carol or the other ladies are home the staff will be staffed. If there is a snow day, service day, or holiday staff is there. 24/7

Old July 25th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Never feel left out, Mits.

"You all must know each other really well." Enough to know that none of them are in my will.

All you can do is hang in there long enough to figure out these fun goof-balls. And if you can put all of the pieces of the puzzle together, you are better than I.

When anyone mentions Mike; The first thing I think of is the candy, "Mike & Ike". Then it dawns on me that he is our Civil War veteran who's left leg is made out of chocolate.

Am I good at putting together puzzles, or what?

Dave

Old July 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Don't feel bad Mits, Dave never knows whats going on. He still can't remember what side of the 100 years war he fought on and he is the one that started it.
That's one of the reasons I use tiny pics K2. takes a little longer but I can get them in.

Old July 25th, 2011, 12:30 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mje View Post
Don't feel bad Mits, Dave never knows whats going on. He still can't remember what side of the 100 years war he fought on and he is the one that started it.
That's one of the reasons I use tiny pics K2. takes a little longer but I can get them in.
LOL, sounds like Dave is the one that gets picked on. hehe. I'll have to remember that (just kidding Dave).

Well, I guess it's time for me to head to school and do my time for the day. See everyone around 9pm tonight.

Old July 25th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smar, I don't know if this is what you are looking for but there are cruise reviews on the top of this page.

K2, I did this with tiny pic, it was too large for manage attachments.

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

A picture of Fay's hibiscus???? The flowers are 8 to 10 inches wide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_0418- 2.jpg (25.3 KB, 6 views)

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Darn Mike I thought I was # 1 in your will.

Welcome Mits where do you live and where do you go to school. Yes we are a close knit group but we have been yacking to each other for several years. Trust me newbies are always welcome.

We have supported each other through all kinds of lifechaning events. We have become grandparents, lost loved ones, and supported others when they were facing major illness. I could not have asked for a better bunch of friends a few years ago when I had a seriosu health issue. You will never find a better support group then us.

We may not be normal but we are always there for each other.

By the way MG where are you. Did you take off to Columbus with Jeff???

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Mike: Nice Hibiscus flower. Those always remind me of our Honeymoon in Nassau. They were all over the place and they would put some on the pillows every evening.
Did I tell you guys that the hotel we stayed at on our honeymoon was torn down and rebuilt 2 times already. Too funny. Gotta get back there soon.

Nice here today. Big white puffy clouds and sun and a breeze. Perfect.

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by c&d View Post

Welcome Mits where do you live and where do you go to school. Yes we are a close knit group but we have been yacking to each other for several years. Trust me newbies are always welcome.

We have supported each other through all kinds of lifechaning events. We have become grandparents, lost loved ones, and supported others when they were facing major illness. I could not have asked for a better bunch of friends a few years ago when I had a seriosu health issue. You will never find a better support group then us.

We may not be normal but we are always there for each other.
I live in Grove City (Columbus) at the heart of it all.

Here is my run down (to get to know ME a little better):

Married with 4 children, ages 24 (with a granddaughter), 22 (with a grandson), 16 and 3 year old.

I go to school full time. It took me 43 years to decide "what I want to be when I grow up". LOL Been in school now almost 2 years. Pursing a nursing degree.

I work at the local hospital in the Emergency Room (because I'm morbid and like that kind of stuff-which is a good thing since I'm going to be a nurse.) I worked there for 14 years before quitting, then went to work for a non-profit agency running a program for the elderly. 3 days before Christmas last year, they decided not to renew the grant money funded for that program and I lost my job (and my heart). So, I went back to work at the hospital that I had been at since I was 18.

We love to cruise and are trying to do 1 per year (which is challenging with only 3 breaks a year from school), we are pretty much limited to when we can go.

That's pretty much the low down on me. Now everyone knows me. hehe

I love group that are tight like this. I became really tight with my cruise buddies on my 9/11 roll call last year for the Epic. A few select have become VERY close friends. We talk on a daily basis on facebook, confide in each other, send cards and gifts, and we are planning a reunion cruise. They are a great bunch of people!

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Mits we have a few other posters from down your way.

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Mits, thanks for the bio...my husband has family in the Columbus area..Galloway, Circleville & Pickerington...his mom lived in Dublin until a year ago when she moved to Arkanasas to get away from the weather...

A year ago last April several of us met up on a cruise out of Miami..it was great to finally meet some of the folks we had been chatting with...

Just a word of warning...kathiekata or K2 as we call her...is our resident speed reader...she tends to mix things up occasionally...husbands...kids...pets...but we love her...

Sics, a belated Happy Birthday to Bob...sounds like he had a pretty nice one!

mike, nice looking flowers..I only have one hibiscus left and it hasn't done to well this year...hoping cause it's new & just needs time to get established..I had one that had the double flowers..and it was just beautiful..managed to keep it for about 10 years..till it finally froze back one to many times...

Karen

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Loved your posy picture, Mike.

And you're right, I forget a lot. Was I a Yankee or Rebel? All I remember is that you and I had a lovely time with those luscious Southern Belles.

Enjoyed the info about you that you shared with us "Mits". (Would I be right in guessing that your name is Mitsy?

As "c&d", (Deb), mentioned many of us have gabbed on here for years.

A heads-up on her; She's the crazy aunt we all have that you only visit during daylight hours.

A honeymoon in Nassau for you K2. How cool. I just want to know what you two did while you were there that caused them to rebuild the place?

And in case you thought she was a spring chicken, I think they've also rebuilt Rome since that time period.

Dave

Meatloaf for the Tuesday night clan dinner, Jo. The food, not the singer.

Old July 25th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

KC, (Karen), you were posting when I was writing.

A heads up on her; She's the crazy cat-lady. (No doubt will be on the news some day. )

Dave

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:32 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc320 View Post
Mits, thanks for the bio...my husband has family in the Columbus area..Galloway, Circleville & Pickerington...his mom lived in Dublin until a year ago when she moved to Arkanasas to get away from the weather...

A year ago last April several of us met up on a cruise out of Miami..it was great to finally meet some of the folks we had been chatting with...
We actually just moved from Galloway in December to Grove City.

That would be neat to be friends on here for so long and then go on a cruise in the future.

What cruise lines do you all normally sail with?

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:34 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherdav View Post

Enjoyed the info about you that you shared with us "Mits". (Would I be right in guessing that your name is Mitsy?
Nope, not at all. hehe My name is Kim. I have went by Mitsugirly or Mitsubishigirl for many years (we collect them-24 to date-eclipse, talon, laser). So I've always went by that screen name. hehe

Kim