Celebrity's Bon Voyage Liquor Package

cechase

On our two prior cruises, one on Mercury and one on Century, we smuggled our Beefeater's Gin and Absolute Vodka onto the ship, so we could have cocktails in our suite and on our veranda. For our recent cruise on Century, we became aware of Celebrity's Bon Voyage Liquor Packages - and decided to try them.

We ordered two liquor packages, one with Beefeater's Gin and the other with Absolute Vodka - each costing $50.00 each. After boarding, and just getting ready to go to dinner, our Butler brought in our liquor packages. Each included a one liter bottle of booze [not a fifth], six sodas, and an unexpectedly very nice snack assortment with two packages, one of whole cashews, and the other of an assortment of nuts, etc.

The amount was somewhat startling, and we did not use all of the sodas, and we brought back intack one of the nut packages. [Grin] for our 10 day and 11 day cruises coming up, think that we will order four of those packages, just to make certain that we do not run dry!

We realize the booze duty free is cheap [except in the Bahamas], but for us to be able to consume it on the ship, it is really very reasonable.

as we go to the Duty Free shop with our navy blue Celebrity tote bag from the closet & purchase Grey Goose & the bottle goes into hte bag & on my shoulder it goes as we walk back to our stateroom. They we decide to get a bottle of some chic booze that my BIL emailed usto get him since a liter was under $20. So back with the bag & away we go with another. 23 bottles for under $50........... customs knows no different. Learned that Grey Goose is great in lemonade at the pool in my 20 oz cooler mug.

On our two prior cruises, one on Mercury and one on Century, we smuggled our Beefeater's Gin and Absolute Vodka onto the ship, so we could have cocktails in our suite and on our veranda. For our recent cruise on Century, we became aware of Celebrity's Bon Voyage Liquor Packages - and decided to try them.

We ordered two liquor packages, one with Beefeater's Gin and the other with Absolute Vodka - each costing $50.00 each. After boarding, and just getting ready to go to dinner, our Butler brought in our liquor packages. Each included a one liter bottle of booze [not a fifth], six sodas, and an unexpectedly very nice snack assortment with two packages, one of whole cashews, and the other of an assortment of nuts, etc.

The amount was somewhat startling, and we did not use all of the sodas, and we brought back intack one of the nut packages. [Grin] for our 10 day and 11 day cruises coming up, think that we will order four of those packages, just to make certain that we do not run dry!

We realize the booze duty free is cheap [except in the Bahamas], but for us to be able to consume it on the ship, it is really very reasonable.

MACOP-1) most times the onboard duty free shop will not allow you to carry purchased liquor back to your room, bag or no bag (I assume you purchased the liquor) 2) 23 bottles of "what" (shampoo?) for under $50? 3) one of these days customs WILL know different and 4) putting Grey Goose into lemonade is the same as using DP for mimosas.

3 not 23......

as we go to the Duty Free shop with our navy blue Celebrity tote bag from the closet & purchase Grey Goose & the bottle goes into hte bag & on my shoulder it goes as we walk back to our stateroom. They we decide to get a bottle of some chic booze that my BIL emailed usto get him since a liter was under $20. So back with the bag & away we go with another. 3 bottles for under $50........... customs knows no different. Learned that Grey Goose is great in lemonade at the pool in my 20 oz cooler mug.

It was the CD who told me how to get my booze from store to cabin & 3 times it worked.

cechase,

Where did you purchase that Bon Voyage package. Looked on the website and didn't find it. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Thanks

Dennis

Go http://www.celebrity.com/shopceleb/giftList.do?pagename=wines_and_champagnes

"Liquor Package

Perfect for entertaining or enjoying with your significant other, three different liquor packages each includes one bottle of liquor, six cans of soda and Natural Source Nuts Ivory Grab Box. Packages are for consumption in staterooms only. We offer scotch, gin, bourbon, rum, vodka, or cognac in three categories"

We ordered the Grey Goose package: 1 liter Vodka, 6 cans coke (our choice) and the bag of nuts. The Premium Liquors are $55.00 and you also get the coke and nuts.

However, I had to call them to have it delivered. It was not in our stateroom upon arrival. I know we paid a premium, but we did not have to go hunting for it, or smuggle it on to the ship, or carry it in our luggage. Our gift to ourselves.

I ordered it from our document booklet by calling the number listed.

Grace

on Connie & Infinity with no problems.

MACOP-1) most times the onboard duty free shop will not allow you to carry purchased liquor back to your room, bag or no bag (I assume you purchased the liquor) 2) 23 bottles of "what" (shampoo?) for under $50? 3) one of these days customs WILL know different and 4) putting Grey Goose into lemonade is the same as using DP for mimosas.

I carried 6 bottles of wine right on the Infinity, bought more in ports, never was there a problem. My spouse takes the little bottles of the hard stuff and puts it in his checked luggage. No problem. $50 is a bit high for a "liquor package"

cechase,

Where did you purchase that Bon Voyage package. Looked on the website and didn't find it. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis: On the Celebrity website there is a listing of the various bon voyage gifts that you can order. They also have an order form which can be printed out, filled out and faxed to Celebrity. Some people on this board have not been thrilled with the fax procedure. So I called the Celebrity number on the form and placed the order. Checked my credit card on the web several days later and saw the charge to Celebrity for $100.00 and was satisfied that the order went through.

I just did some quick math. A liter of spirits is 33.81 ounces. If you make a standard drink with two ounces of spirits, then you get 16.905 drinks per package. Let's just make it 17... $50 / 17 = $2.94 per drink, which is much less than you'd pay at the bar (and that doesn't count the tip).

And when you run out of soda for the mixer you can always go up to the cafe' and get some of that great fruit punch they have there all day.

I just did some quick math. A liter of spirits is 33.81 ounces. If you make a standard drink with two ounces of spirits, then you get 16.905 drinks per package. Let's just make it 17... $50 / 17 = $2.94 per drink, which is much less than you'd pay at the bar (and that doesn't count the tip).

And when you run out of soda for the mixer you can always go up to the cafe' and get some of that great fruit punch they have there all day.

I like your comments - but when you throw in the six cans of soda with each liquor package, and a large assortment of nuts, cashews and mix, it is really reasonable. On our Century cruise last May, we ordered 6 cans of soda, and it alone cost $13.50! Really for us, we don't have to drag the smuggled booze across the country, worrying about leakage and having concern that it will be confiscated on embarkation.

One comment was correct, we thought that the two packages would be in our suite upon arrival. That was not the case. These packages are put together in the late afternoon of your arrival and your butler or room attendant has to go get them. Sometimes being reminded of your purchase.

Hubby looked into getting this package, but thought $50 was a bit high,

so he called Celebrity, and was told he could buy the liquor in their

duty free shop and pay an extra preimum (around $10) for consumption

in stateroom only. Just hope they gave him the right info as this would be

a savings, we don't drink sodas and could pass up the snacks. Let me know

if anyone has ever bought from their duty free shop and was able to take

it back to their room. Thanks

Ann

The duty free shop is a concession and is not run by Celebrity. There seems to be no consistent practice-sometimes you can take liquor away; sometimes you can't. Sometimes you pay an extra charge (presumably the duty on the liquor); sometimes they've never heard of the practice. Safest bets are to buy the bon voyage package (yes, it is a good deal all things considered) or try to bring liquor on board (On Celebrity, at least, you are VERY likely to have no problems).P.S.-when paying thousands $$ for a cruise, why worry about $15-20? The idea is to have a good time.

We were told by Celebrity prior to a cruise on the Summit that we could buy a bottle from the liquor store to take back to our cabin. When we went to the store we were told in no uncertain terms that anything we bought would be held until the last day.

Thanks for the reply re purchasing in duty free shop. I think we will go

the route of buying the liquor package. Must we purchase prior to our

cruise, or may we purchase once on board?

Thanks again, we are sailing 4/1

Thanks for the reply re purchasing in duty free shop. I think we will go

the route of buying the liquor package. Must we purchase prior to our

cruise, or may we purchase once on board?

Thanks again, we are sailing 4/1

Please read the fine print for ordering the liquor packages on the Celebrity website. I believe that it has to be ordered at least ten days before the start of your cruise. Just to be careful, we ordered them a month ahead of time, and did it by the phone, not by fax.

OK so whilst we are on the subject, I have already ordered the liquor package for DH, but I do not drink the same as him. We plan a little drink each evening before dinner on the balcony (whispers so DH can have his cigar), will our butler (we have an SS) be able to fix me a martini or bring me a G and T and if so is this at the same price as in the bars+15% (and of course a bigger tip cruise end) or is it some other even higher price, in which case I will walk down and bring my own drink back up.

Thanks! I just called and ordered my package(s) for our Galaxy Med cruise. This will surely beat packing the booze for an overseas flight and smuggling it onboard. If it works as well as it did on Holland American, I'll do the same later for our Summit Hawaii cruise in January.

Archived