Buying liquor onboard

bickee

I have read many threads on buying a bottle of liquor from room service. My question is, is this the same price or more/less then "sending a gift" of a bottle to myself? Is either price really similar to buying from a store? Is it actual room service you call to get a bottle? Thanks in advance!

If you order it from room service once you board, the price is about $2 cheaper than if you send it to yourself as a gift. The prices were about $20 a liter for most items. Of coarse things like Jack Daniels were $35 (never did quite understand that price at all) where as things like Crown Royal are still in the $20 range.

No gratuity added when you order it from room service. (we do tip for delivery a couple of bucks though) And if you decide to purchase from one of the bars, check the price, friends did this and paid half again as much buying it across the bar.

No gratuity added when you order it from room service. (we do tip for delivery a couple of bucks though) And if you decide to purchase from one of the bars, check the price, friends did this and paid half again as much buying it across the bar.

I don't understand. Is there different prices at different bars for the same thing?

I don't understand. Is there different prices at different bars for the same thing?

Friends purchased a bottle over the bar instead of ordering it from room service, not sure where the bar was located, but they ended up paying half again as much as if they would have picking up the phone. Didn't make any sense to me, so it is just safer to check the prices for a bottle at the bar before making the purchase.

Friends purchased a bottle over the bar instead of ordering it from room service, not sure where the bar was located, but they ended up paying half again as much as if they would have picking up the phone. Didn't make any sense to me, so it is just safer to check the prices for a bottle at the bar before making the purchase.

I'm not sure I understand, The prices from the bar are the same as room service.

The only bars you can do this from are the lobby bar and the indoor pool bar.

Scott

AH-They weren't the same prices on many of the Princess cruises we have sailed on. Also, you will have to pay a gratuity when purchased over the bar. Or at least that is the way it has been in the past, 15% added on to the price they are charging for it over the bar.

My last cruise on the Star was the first time I tried doing it that way. I asked the price for Stoli and the bartender handed me a price list that was the same as the room service prices.

The gratuity wasn't added on, I had to write in myself on the reciept. Not sure if that is normal or not.

Scott

That's very interesting.......hummmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if it is different depending on the ship you are sailing on? When we sailed on the Star we just had a bar set up in our cabin from room service, TWICE. No, we don't drink that much but it was a long cruise and we had lots of parties. lol

Archived