Papeete, Bora Bora, Moorea with out a tour

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:00 AM.
Wyoming
78 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
My dw and I will be in Papeete in November and I wasn't interested in a 4 wheel ride so began to look on the internet and found this self-tour map and explanation of what you are seeing.
Hope it helps.
BTW in Bora Bora you can make a reservation with Patrick for either a half, 3/4, or full day and the price goes down depending on how many others are going. You could set this up on your roll call.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Papeete Walking tour.pdf (78.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf Papeete walking tour map.pdf (74.7 KB, 64 views)
Northern Calif. USA
200 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Has anyone taken tours through Albert's on Moorea? We're considering the bus tour to Belvedere Lookout & around the island. Appreciate any input...don't yet have any plans on Moorea. Thanks!
USA
4,445 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by Fletcher
I totally agree with Emdee - the view from the Pearl Beach is by far the best in Bora Bora, offering that classic view across the lagoon to Mount Otemanu, the angle that you get in the 1962 film Mutiny on the Bounty. I used to go over there from the Hotel Bora Bora before they built the Pearl resort. Never saw another soul.

Agree also about the beaches on the Tuamotus - the best I have seen were on Pukarua and Hikueru.

If anyone's interested in seeing my photos of French Polynesia here's a link to my Flickr set -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/up70mm/...7624606803281/
Absolutely gorgeous pictures, thank you for sharing them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
http://www.jeannietx22.com/

Plus
X Elite

2013-2017, 271 nights at sea
and counting
Celebrity Constellation June & July 2017
DIY Turkey July 2017

Queen Mary 2 TA July 2017
RC Explorer Of The Seas April 2019 (23 nights)

"The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see." -G.K. Chesterton
Redlands,CA
1,316 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
We rented bikes on Bora Bora and rode around the island. If you are reasonably fit it will take you about 4 hours and you will see lots of locals, scenery and not a lot of cars once out of the downtown area. We stopped along the way to use the rest room at a hotel and got to see an over the water bungalow, stopped at Bloody Mary's(over rated) and a grocery store.

The rental place is just on the other side of the road from the pier.

We tired renting bikes in Moorea but I felt there was just too much traffic for safe biking.